• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Ant-Man came back from the quantum realm and then was the main catalyst for everyone being able to gather the stones using the quantum realm to be snapped back....but pretty much the entire movie everyone is clowning on Scott. I know Ant-Man's shtick is that yeah, its kind of goofy and even his movies play out a bit on the comedic side. But while rewatching Endgame it really stuck out to me how much everyone else kind of acts like a dickhead to him.

Except Hulk giving him 2 tacos.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
original.jpg

He deserves it for going against Tony and the Accords.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched Endgame yet, but I keep seeing stuff online about Ant Man going inside Thanos's butt...so it's on my short list of movies to watch.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ant-Man came back from the quantum realm and then was the main catalyst for everyone being able to gather the stones using the quantum realm to be snapped back....but pretty much the entire movie everyone is clowning on Scott. I know Ant-Man's shtick is that yeah, its kind of goofy and even his movies play out a bit on the comedic side. But while rewatching Endgame it really stuck out to me how much everyone else kind of acts like a dickhead to him.

Except Hulk giving him 2 tacos.
i mean, he is acting like a clown (a good clown) most of the time, what else do you want them to treat him?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
It was a build up towards him saving Rhoades and Rocket --- 2 of which being the most of a jerk to him.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
It's why I don't really care for these movies, every character has essentially the same snarky lines, everyone has a zinger, I find it off-putting. Obviously the formula is hugely successful so this is a 'me' issue but 3 hours of a dozen Stark knock-offs making fun of each others hair, that sort of thing is not my bag baby.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
It's why I don't really care for these movies, every character has essentially the same snarky lines, everyone has a zinger, I find it off-putting. Obviously the formula is hugely successful so this is a 'me' issue but 3 hours of a dozen Stark knock-offs making fun of each others hair, that sort of thing is not my bag baby.
We must have watched different movies.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
It was a build up towards him saving Rhoades and Rocket --- 2 of which being the most of a jerk to him.
TBF Rocket is a bit of a jerk to everyone, it's how he copes with his own pain.

Rhodey wasn't really picking on him much. Worst thing was when he came down to the landing zone and called him regular size man, but Sam did that too. If anything he was friendly to him.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

I dont mind it but these characters will never go on a list of my favorites

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
What's wrong with quips anyway? Y'all want boring superheroes, Zack Snyder is there for you.

I want some quipping with my heroics.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry

Yeah that's why I'll always prefer the comics to these films. They are just so similar in the MCU.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
only part i had a problem with is when nebula called him an idiot. isn't lang an engineer or something? i don't remember nebula being a genius either so i was on my nickyoung???.jpg when that happened.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
1) He's a stand in for the audience, like the Flash in the Justice League cartoon. A completely normal guy in a world of larger than life superheroes. See: the kids not wanting his autograph.

2) It would be boring if he yet was another arrogant guy with quips like Tony, Star Lord, early Thor and Dr Strange.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I thought it was actually pretty realistic for Rhodes to be shitty to him, since Scott fought against him in the skirmish that ended up in him getting crippled. It's like, none of these people are friends with him or vouch for him except Cap, he's not an Avenger.