• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

louris

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah. I've been meaning to play MGS2 but the PC port is horrible even with the patch, the emulator is unstable, and I never had a PS console. Hopefully it is a playable port for modern PCs, I don't care about enhancements.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wake me up when they port 3 and 4.
I really want to replay 4, but the power button of my PS3 broke the other day and I can't turn it on.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Why not the whole the collection ?

Unless they are just releasing the collection as individual games, but I don't really understand

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
If it's the old ass PC port of MGS1, I hope they at the very least let you turn off the texture filtering.

When are these supposed to release, assuming the rumor is correct?

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
MGS1 on PC was actually the first time I had a chance to play it. Never had a PSX. I think I still have the CD Rom somewhere.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Could just be a GOG rerelease of the old versions, they love digging up stuff like this

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Don't believe it.

Sure, maybe some brave souls have convinced Konami to say yes, for now. But they're a fickle bunch. They'll kill the project to instead focus on some new lottery machines or whatever.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
MGS1 on PC was actually the first time I had a chance to play it. Never had a PSX. I think I still have the CD Rom somewhere.

I remember getting lost for quite a while because the game expected me to get a radio frequency off the back of the cd case from a screenshot or some dumb crap like that.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
If you have an ATI card back then, there were bugs. Heck if you got a GeForce back then and updated the drivers to the ones that support DX9, you'll have missing codec faces unless you dial the graphics quality down one notch. Also the PC version was based off the Xbox port which was already terrible in itself.
Guess i was just lucky to not have any problems with it lol.

Samus95

Jun 18, 2020
Why the HD collection is not on Modern System for me remain a mistery

Along side years to maybe have Symphony everywhere(maybe with the mobile port)

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
MGS3 and 4 would be really cool as well, but it's probably just the old games on Steam and Konami don't give much of a fuck.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I hightly doubt it's just the old ports. it would probably be about as much work to base it off one of the other re-releases.
The rumor mentions original Metal Gear as well and that was never on PC before.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
If it's a re-release of the original PC ports for MGS/MGS2 then it's an easy pass from me.

Just bring Bluepoint's HD collection to Steam... they brought it to Shield not that long ago...

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, I will buy any version of MGS2 on PC. I need it. Weird that MGS1 is being included and not MGS3 if it's the HD collection though.

MGS 1-4 on PC would literally be a dream come true for me.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Solid Snake Collection; Metal Gear, MGS, MGS2
Naked Snake Collection; Metal Gear 2, MGS3, MGS4
Come on Konami pull the lever

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice to have them (along with MGS3&4), but I'll believe it when I see it.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
The fact they ported 2 and 3 to the shield gives me hope.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if these are just patched versions of the old PC ports of 1 and 2.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Good for people that want to get into Metal Gear for sure. I've played both countless times already so not really news for me.

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
I hightly doubt it's just the old ports. it would probably be about as much work to base it off one of the other re-releases.
The rumor mentions original Metal Gear as well and that was never on PC before.
www.youtube.com

Metal Gear [PC DOS, 1990] Longplay - Part 1

It all started here. Watch the beginning of Solid Snake's epic story unfold.Near the end of the 20th century, a small fortified nation named Outer Heaven (fo...
Metal Gear actually did get a DOS port, but it was based off the crappy NES version (Jungle section that wasn't there in the original, no metal gear fight, etc.).

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
hopefully this will be the spark that gives us the Silent Hill pc versions...

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
At this point theres no godamn reason not to release old games on PC. I want my classic Rsident Evils and Dino Crisis too along with a host of othwr dead titles.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Twin Snakes and Substance let's goooo

tenor.gif

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Dream would have been remaster versions like the recent ZOE 2 one but not even the HD collection? Rotfl

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear actually did get a DOS port, but it was based off the crappy NES version (Jungle section that wasn't there in the original, no metal gear fight, etc.).
Oh no.

Konami would.

They absolutely would squat out the inferior version of the game to a new audience in a fucking DosBox wrapper.

EDIT: This would also explain the strange absence of MG2 in the rumor.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they revamp the control scheme in a way that's closer to Peace Walker and MGS5 due to the lack of analog buttons.

And if they decide to port MGS3, it better be the 3DS version.

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
Oh no.

Konami would.

They absolutely would squat out the inferior version of the game to a new audience in a fucking DosBox wrapper.

EDIT: This would also explain the strange absence of MG2 in the rumor.

I think it's unlikely they'd do that. Remember that the versions included with the HD collection (Actually, just part of MGS3 Subsistence) were based off the MSX versions but enhanced. (Better translation, better controls, etc.) I doubt they'd release the DOS version.

I know there was also a castlevania collection released for PC many, many years back, but the new Castlevania PC collection isn't a re-labeled version of the old collection for example. I think it'll be based off the "updated" MSX version on MGS3:S.