• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
Lack of physical for EU is a bummer, but tbh I don't have any desire to purchase Resident Zero so I see it as a massive plus.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I could see the Origins collection just being a straight port of the current collection (the Wii controls for those games were nothing all that special) but it would definitely be disappointing if RE4 didn't have the motion controls from the Wii version. I mean, they went to the trouble of adding motion controls to Rev1&2 so I think it would also be kind of surprising if RE4 didn't have motion controls.

This is my hope as well and the current lack of news is a real bummer.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Watch, RE 4 on the switch somehow doesn't have gyro aiming for some unknown reason.

it's definitely going to have gyro aiming, there's no way

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I had such a narrow focus on games as a kid that I missed a lot of big franchises.

Looking forward to these and the FF games dropping, and having them all on the same console no less.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised how long this is taking, considering it was announced last September or October if I recall correctly.
I was ready to dive back in and give capcom my money for Switch Resi 4 after playing through the 2 remake, they better be taking their time to make this the most all singing, all dancing version of Resi 4 yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Motherfucker!

I could understand RE0 being digital (which will probably happen for the NA retail) but 4? Cmon Capcom. We've been having a great year so far.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Yep, put me in the camp of: No physical = no buy. Will wait and see if other regions get a cart release of 4. I wouldn't be surprised if the RE1 and 0 bundle has RE1 on the cart, and RE0 as a download code.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised this wasn't announced in the Direct. And why the hell it's so late ? May ! Come on Capcom.

Because it's low-effort support from a company like Capcom, offering RE4 as eshop only and RE1R/0 as physical only in NA.

Nintendo has no reason to reward such low effort support with a highlight in a Direct.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Indeed MHXX (JP version of MHGU) was never patched to support languages other than Japanese.

https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000000522

If RE4 holds true to previous releases and offers no language options in the Japanese release, then you're looking at a censored release you can't read. Maybe not a dealbreaker for a game like RE4 but worth considering.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I have the GameCube and Wii physical copies of RE4. I'm pretty fine with only having digital releases going forward. Of course for those that haven't had the opportunity to own it physical, I hope you get the chance.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm surprised how long this is taking, considering it was announced last September or October if I recall correctly.
I was ready to dive back in and give capcom my money for Switch Resi 4 after playing through the 2 remake, they better be taking their time to make this the most all singing, all dancing version of Resi 4 yet.

Oh snap, it actually might be!

Switch can surely run the new PC port of RE4 at 1080p60 docked, right? Then it would be a straight upgrade over PS4/XB1 with portability in mind.

Wonder how taxing RE4 even is at 1080p60 and if the PS4/X1 could have supersampled it on the amateur consoles.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
Indeed MHXX (JP version of MHGU) was never patched to support languages other than Japanese.

If RE4 holds true to previous releases and offers no language options in the Japanese release, then you're looking at a censored release you can't read. Maybe not a dealbreaker for a game like RE4 but worth considering.

Yeah, you're right, but this is before the support that started with REvelation, and the west MH sku was released after a lot of time respect the japanese one... we'll see.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
For those of you thinking of getting a potential RE4 physical from Japan, note:

- Biohazard 4 has never offered language options on any platform
- It is a censored release with no decapitations

Definitely worth noting! My memory might be shakey but didn't the original Japanese release of 4 kind of line up with changes to the Japanese games rating system or something along those lines (possibly related to some law change)? I can't recall why but I kind of associate RE4 with a bit of a tide change in video game violence. Pre-RE4 it wasn't uncommon for games to be censored in the west and uncensored in Japan but post RE4 it seems as though the opposite became true. Is there something to that?

Also, is RE5 the only post-RE4 game in the series to be basically identical in terms of violence in all regions? I want to say Rev1,2,RE6,UC,DC all (at bare minimum) have decapitations in them. Having said that, I kind of always wondered if the Japanese version is the reason blood in RE6 almost looks more black than red? Sorry for tossing a bunch of aimless questions in your direction but I figured if anyone knew this stuff it would probably be you! lol

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017

Is Onimusha a global SKU? Or is it censored in Japan? I really want to import the Switch version.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
The price of larger cartridges went down this year right? Maybe they waited until May so they could put the Origins Collection on one cart?
please?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Oh snap, it actually might be!

Switch can surely run the new PC port of RE4 at 1080p60 docked, right? Then it would be a straight upgrade over PS4/XB1 with portability in mind.

Wonder how taxing RE4 even is at 1080p60 and if the PS4/X1 could have supersampled it on the amateur consoles.
And they can add wonderful game breaking gyro for your purist heart to ignore but for me to embrace!
And HD RUMBLE

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
The price of larger cartridges went down this year right? Maybe they waited until May so they could put the Origins Collection on one cart?
please?
Not a chance.

They can't even afford RE4 (Which with compression can fit a 8GB card) at 20. Do you honestly think they can afford a 32GB card at 40?

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I didn't know that. Is there a (user-made) list of games it works well with?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...comprehensive_list_of_switch_games_with_full/

This has been helpful for me, although I've since bought a Power A wireless gamecube controller. Build quality and feel is as good as the new Nintendo GC pads, and it has all the modern bits you need to use it in ever game (additional bumper, clickable sticks, home and screenshot button, + and -, etc).

Innuendo84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless they offer a good discount for preordering I will probaby get this on ps4. Nintendo digital store is rubish and they will offer first sale on halloween. I'm not paying $20 for games that were discounted several times on every other platform.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Would have liked them a little sooner really. And yes, RE4 should definitely have gyro aiming. But we'll see.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Checked out the JPN pages, only details I found

- RE4 is digital only even in japan currently
- RE Origins Edition will be physical in Japan with RE0 as a download
- RE 0 page mentions it has 2 player (But this might just be a mistake)

Nothing else is unique between them.

D0S73GZX0AAX84N.jpg

D0S4ytwX0AER3Gv.png

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I'm speechless that RE4 didn't get one in fucking JAPAN.

RE5/6 are beyond fucked now.