• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
For those of you thinking of getting a potential RE4 physical from Japan, note:

- Biohazard 4 has never offered language options on any platform
- It is a censored release with no decapitations

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting really sick and tired of Capcom not doing retail releases in Europe.

I will just import then or wait for a sale.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really disappointed in this reveal, it's so low effort. Especially after it got revealed last year. With them coming out in May, we should already know if they'll have new features or not.

Amazes me how much better the DD reveal was to this. You got a trailer and all the info you needed. This just comes across as capcom just dumping some games on the switch currently.
damn, forgot about DD already. I love Capcom.

Viewtiful Collection when?

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
RE Origins Collection is amazing, get into it!

And the other game too, I guess.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29354

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This is completely wishful thinking, but it would be awesome if that Resident Evil 4 project team from Spain got their texture mod work integrated into the digital release! The file size would be pretty massive for download, but their hard work deserves to be recognized.

Link for reference: RE4HD Project

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So yeah still months away, digital only when it's physical elsewhere and will almost certainly still cost the same as the PS4/Xbox versions.

I am so, so disappointed with Capcom. Again.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
This is Era's Capgod, huh?
tenor.gif

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they're just saving 5 and 6 for later in the year...

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like the only person here who has only bought RE4 once, on the Gamecube. This will be my double dip.

Despite owning once I think I played it like 2-3 times a year for about 10 years at one point. Haven't played it for a while though now. I'm really itching to play it again.

GC only too .. Internet high five!

Or, considering our age, a firm handshake

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I was hoping they'd be out sooner; even though I own these games multiple times. And have the HD textures installed on the Steam version of RE4.
Might get the cartridge for RE0/REmake...

Ars Arcanum

alt account
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Re4 fans what's the grand total spent on this game by now, if you were to include switch purchase? How many dips?

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why am I thinking about buying these on switch even though I have these physical on ps4 and haven't beat them?

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Physical/digital makes no difference still get to play the games my only concern now is the performance of the games, please don't stuff up these ports.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Sextuple dipping RE4! GCN, PS2, Wii, PS3, PS4. Now on Switch. This is going to be fresh breath of air after that iOS version.

RE1? I think it's just quintuple for me. PS1, GCN, Wii, PS4. Wait... That sextuple too! Forgot DS version.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Might finally be able to play RE1 without pissing myself on that smaller screen.

Hope the pricing's decent.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
A good point someone made on the Discord.

What if they do an Amiibo bundle for RE4? That way they can release it at retail.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah but they need to get around to that anyway at some point. Or else port it to MTF like they did for SSF4 3D and MH3U.
Not necessarily. As of now, only Division 1 is using the RE Engine. And unless they plan on porting RE7, RE2R, or DMC5 to the Switch, they could probably get by with sticking with MT Framework for games that may be Switch-bound.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I would prefer RE2 and 3. At them monent the easiest way for me to play those are on my vita. Technically I could just hook up the Wii again but that is kind of a hassle.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Not necessarily. As of now, only Division 1 is using the RE Engine. And unless they plan on porting RE7, RE2R, or DMC5 to the Switch, they could probably get by with sticking with MT Framework for games that may be Switch-bound.
A Switch port would help facilitate a path for it's successor/Pro and probably also iOS/Android. It could go either way really although I think RE7 is probably the only game that'd scale well enough for it to be worth doing on Switch 1.0 since it was pared back for PSVR spec.