• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017
It's called an Origins collection yet it jumps from REmake to 4? Where the hell is 2, 3 and CVX? *rolls eyes*

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely fuck off with this no retail in Europe policy, Capcom you gobshites. I bet it's going to have that dogshit boxart too.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Playing RE4 while on the toilet, what a time to be alive.

e90y8dto5yay.jpg

Man, GameCube was such a pioneer.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was shocked it took this long. Remake and RE4 on Switch is a game changer.

I wonder what the problem was with 5 and 6?

Turrican3

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Will get RE4 if there's gyro aiming. No gyro, no buy.

Probably japanese physical version, assuming it has english and it actually exists that is.

PS: wouldn't mind 60fps to be honest...

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was shocked it took this long. Remake and RE4 on Switch is a game changer.

I wonder what the problem was with 5 and 6?

I doubt there's a problem, per se. It has Revelations 2 already so it can clearly handle them just fine. They're probably just staggering the releases. Would be a bit much to release everything in one go.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'll skip RE4 unless Japan gets a retail release and I can import cheaply.

Any word on whether RE0 and REMake are both on a cartridge, or will it be like the RE Revelations collection with one being a code? Will still grab the retail release but will be good to know, especially if both come on carts in another region.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
aa0.png

Also, OP forgot "Switch" in the title.

Really disappointed in this reveal, it's so low effort. Especially after it got revealed last year. With them coming out in May, we should already know if they'll have new features or not.

Amazes me how much better the DD reveal was to this. You got a trailer and all the info you needed. This just comes across as capcom just dumping some games on the switch currently.
That's been Capcom's MO for the Switch so far. Don't expect much to change.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
damn, why release all on the same day?
sad about 4 not being physical. oh well. will get remake and 4 digitally for sure (my first time playing either game!) and depending on how much i end up liking them will think about getting 0.
i was tempted to get revelations collection but i'm glad i waited, i think it's best i play these first.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
i will replay all of those, thank you.

**puts 10th tally on the board for RE4 as my most purchased game ever**

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of the physical release for Mega Man Legacy Collection 1+2 for Switch. A disappointment when the rest of the games are digital only.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
People prefer physical games for their Switch? I switched (pun not intended) to digital only for convenient portable play.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Hoping 4 gets a physical release. Also hoping that REmake is actually on the cart for the physical copy. Do not care if RE0 is a download.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is acting like a spoiled brat ever since Nintendo stopped distributing their games on Switch.

For some reason the thought they would get the similar treatment as on 3DS and WiiU - when none of their big titles are headed to Switch.

The fact that they didn't even bother with a Mega Man 11 retail version in Europe says it all.

At this point it's pretty clear there's been a big change in the relationship between the two companies.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
hmmmm

hope asia or japan gets 4 physical. knowing capcpom it's debatable whether 0 & 1 will even both be on cart.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know prices of the single releases vs RE Origins Collection? Who got screwed this time? EU or NA? (probably EU as always)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll be something like £16 for all three, with a £4 discount on RE0 or RE1 if you own the other so it'll cost £28 for both. I'm not expecting a similar deal for RE4 since basically everyone will buy that for £16 regardless.