• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Gzu7AB8.jpg

I kinda want to play it like this.
Aaaaaand just like that, it's a meme.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
what's the visual settings on PS4/Xbox One S/PS4 Pro and Xbox One X? A balance of medium&high?

Deleted member 11020

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the PC low settings screenshot thread from GAF, that was fun

First Dead Space was my favourite, Isaac's suit looked kinda cool with the lowest settings

Window

Oct 27, 2017
This vid explains how its done.

Amazing. I'd play that on my laptop. Reminds me of GBA era downports of console games.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Thought this was built to into the game when I first started the video and was almost ready to give huge props to Rockstar. Scalablilty is probably my favorite thing about PCs, I'm fine with PS2 graphics if I can take something modern with me on my old ass laptop.

Does running boostbox in this mode actually make a big fps difference or is it more "because we can"?

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
what's the visual settings on PS4/Xbox One S/PS4 Pro and Xbox One X? A balance of medium&high?

It's a combination of ultra (mainly textures), high, medium and some settings lower than is possible on PC for the Xbox One X. I assume that the other consoles still retain the ultra textures but go even further down in the settings.

The textures setting is weird because everything but ultra is potato quality. Instead of offering excessively high quality textures on ultra they just seem to have the same texture quality you have on consoles and the lower quality LODs below that which just makes the whole setting pretty pointless.

I actually wish games offered super low settings that made the game look more stylized by using lower poly models and so on. My favorite setting in a game was in Moto Racer where you could just turn off the textures and smooth shading which made the game look totally different. It was far better than blurry mipmaps or pixelated textures and allowed good performance with a software renderer. Give me Superhot styled RDR2!

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit those horse animations at the start of the video, straight outta AC Odyssey.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
The fine folks in the PC performance thread offered up some tweaks my way that made it run like a dream.

Not maxed out 1440p like I'm accustomed to, but looking great at a sharpened 1080p,80+ fps, and my PC is pretty middle-of-the-road.

I never beat it on PS4 pro last year, but am going through it now on PC, and I'd absolutely love to play it a bit at super low.

Is that so? What specs you have? Do you mind posting the tweaks they mentioned? Haven't been following the performance thread but thinking about picking up RDR2 for Christmas. Hoping to get 60fps on my 1060/6600k. Sadly bought the game for my PS4 pro and had to sell it soon after as the 30fps with all the motion blur made me sick which is unfortunate as I hear lots of good things.

More on topic, sad that isn't an official setting in the game, it has a certain charm.

Deleted member 61326

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
Perhaps I'm just broken, but I'd definitely enjoy the game just as much on "low" from what I saw from the video in the topic start.

Oct 27, 2017
Is that so? What specs you have? Do you mind posting the tweaks they mentioned? Haven't been following the performance thread but thinking about picking up RDR2 for Christmas. Hoping to get 60fps on my 1060/6600k. Sadly bought the game for my PS4 pro and had to sell it soon after as the 30fps with all the motion blur made me sick which is unfortunate as I hear lots of good things.

More on topic, sad that isn't an official setting in the game, it has a certain charm.

Here's the whole chain-
Can someone recommend some tweaks? I feel the game should be running better than it is.
Specs-
i5 8600k boost clock to 4.8 Ghz. This is a 6 core CPU, is that maybe the problem?
RTX 2070 Super OC'd a bit.
32Gb of RAM.

I'm running it on pretty middle-of-the-road settings at 1080p in Vulkan and I JUST want ti to hit a constant 60 fps and look better than the damn PS4 Pro version. Is that literally too much to ask? Is there some .ini tweak or something I can do? I've got no problems running just about any other game at 1440p maxed out at a solid 60, and other users with similar rigs seem to be able to 1440p at a steady 60.

I've tweaked the advanced settings and I don't think I'm running anything but textures at Ultra. Mainly I middle-of-the-roaded everything to like highs and mediums. Is there some golden ticket I'm missing?

Thanks all.
Your frame rate in the wild and towns would be helpful to see how far you are off 60 fps.
A lot of the settings and how impactful they are depends on where your are or the weather conditions.

Lighting at night is the performance killer. I am @1800p on a 2080 TI and I had to turn it down to medium.
Not sure about the impact of fog but at medium I find it looks too low res.
Water physics should be set to medium.
Tree Tessellation definitely off.
I set Ambient Occlusion to Ultra but I think on medium it still looks fine. And it has a decent performance impact.
And if you use Nvidia Sharpening via Geforce Overlay, that gave me a 5 fps drop. I upped the TAA sharpening in the settings.xml instead above 1.00000. I think to 1.40000
Something sounds wrong. I'll try to post my settings tomorrow.

I'm generally getting 60-75fps at 1620p with an i7 6700K and 2070 Super.

Make sure you lower water physics to 50% or less, turn off MSAA, and keep reflections to Medium.

1440p 60 should not be a problem with your rig.
I followed the recommendation and I've got a benchmark average of 85.14 now. Can't wait to run it through actual live gameplay.

Thanks everyone.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I can't see a difference. No one probably can since the human eye can't see more than 24fps.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
You only know you're wearing Arthur's hat because it says so lmao.

Arthur back at camp.

images

Treemendous pop in!

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
With the exception of a few areas where it looked like textures we're just plain missing (the brick wall), I'm actually surprised at how good that looks on low.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So it makes the LOD model for far NPCs be the default close-up model right? It's interesting to see how these LOD models actually look.