• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I barely played much this year besides fighting games. So Dbfz, even tho I'll admit cross tag battle has more depth to it, wasn't too enthused by what I played of soul cal 6. If it counts Unist is probably the coolest game I played from "this year", since it's an update of under nite. Otherwise definitely fighterz.

Will eventually try monster hunter world n Celeste tho, n dad of hoe.
Yeah, MH World is fantastic yo. Pro tip, when you do try, Insect Glaive.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Pfft, I want to see you try and say that after your first Elder Dragon hunt
I'll handle it with the grace I handled beating Ninja Gaiden on master ninja. Composed, calm under pressure, and accepting all failures as my fault and how I could have been better.

On topic: imagine if things like depth of gameplay were rewarded and not like is the thing pretty.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Let me set something else straight about you Lewis. Anytime I go into a thread about something negative regarding RDR2 it's a sure bet that I'll see at least one post from you complaining about someone being negative about the game. Just like your snide remark in that RDR2 thread about that guy who made that video about the issue with the controls.

The difference between you and me is that you don't find me in threads about negative things regarding God of War. I don't sit there and go around every chance I get trying to defend the game to someone who doesn't like it. I've seen many threads here about someone not enjoying the game and you know what? That is perfectly fine. I have nothing to say to that person. If they don't like the game, they don't like the game simple as that. So yeah probably not as big a fanboy as you claim. Real fanboys go to all lengths to defend something they love.
A thorough timeline of my thoughts while reading this post:
I start reading: "Goddamn this is some pathetic shit I'm reading"
Halfway through" Goddamn this is some pathetic shit I'm reading"
Completion: "Goddamn this is some pathetic shit I'm reading"

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Congrats. Gaining some ground on GoW (my personal GOTY by a long-shot)

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A thorough timeline of my thoughts while reading this post:
I start reading: "Goddamn this is some pathetic shit I'm reading"
Halfway through" Goddamn this is some pathetic shit I'm reading"
Completion: "Goddamn this is some pathetic shit I'm reading"
I've been reading it all night from the people attacking me so.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Forza Horizon 4 getting robbed

It is a dream to actually play, not just on paper
It's also extremely aimless with no sense of progression at all. Drive to thing on map, do. Rinse, repeat.

I miss when racing games had career modes with progression. FH4 is one hell of a driving game though. Technical marvel on the 1X.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
You clearly know nothing about me Regret. You're the usual forum dweller who basis their opinion about someone on nothing. Fallout is utter trash and a cash grab simple as that. I've actually played a lot of Forza Horizon 4 and enjoy it a lot. Been putting tons of hours into Smash Bros. too. Your the moron who seems to think b/c someone likes God of War they must be a PlayStation fanboy. How sad your life must be to be that ignorant.

You really called me an "ignorant moron," lmao. Resorting to personal insults because everyone is rightfully calling you out? Classy.

Stop trying to deflect and muddy things up. This isn't about Fallout at all; you spoke from your ass about more "reputable" sites giving GoW the award and when asked by lots of people for your justification you speak of ONE site that did having Fallout 76 in their top 6 (which firstly is only one website and secondly, who cares about someone's personal opinion of a game?). What you're doing is a failed attempt at diverting attention away from the dozen(s) of posts calling you out for your bullshit.

Everyone can easily scroll up and look at the last few pages of you losing your shit, being hostile, trying to say which site is more reputable and credible over the next, and trying to justify fanboy antics. No, I'm not the usual "forum dweller" (nice one) that is basing my opinion off of nothing; I called you out just like a ton of other people because you have always lacked transparancy. We're not stupid.

But go on, calling people ignorant, morons, and saying how sad their lives are. I wasn't even going to reply to such a troll post but you're still in this thread posting bullshit so here I am.

I hope no other big site gives GOTY to RDR2 or this Mercenary dude will have a seizure based on the posts made by him in the last few pages.

My god dude, meditate you reaction.

Believe it or not, there have been worse people than this guy (who are currently banned, though). Which is sad, because at the end of the day both games have equally won their fair share of awards. And more importantly: who the fuck cares about other peoples opinions when they have their own?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This thread.

tenor.gif

Mr.Arrow

Dec 6, 2018
Smh

This thread is pathetic. RDR2 won GOTY so what? Its just an award , just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone will hate it, and as far as I know this game is widely praised on both reddit and on YouTube.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone can easily scroll up and look at the last few pages of you losing your shit, being hostile, trying to say which site is more reputable and credible over the next, and trying to justify fanboy antics. No, I'm not the usual "forum dweller" (nice one) that is basing my opinion off of nothing; I called you out just like a ton of other people because you have always lacked transparancy. We're not stupid.
Hmm considering I love all three of my systems just like I have every generation going back over 20 years I'm not so sure that you aren't. I regularly talk about games I'm enjoying across all systems both here on ERA and in many other places. So if you want to insist on going around and acting like someone is a fanboy based on baseless facts you go right ahead. I could honestly care less how you live your life in ignorance. Peace.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Weird that Celeste didn't even make their top 10

Opinions and all.

That said, Celeste is easily in my top 5, maybe top 3 this year. I'm so happy to see Celeste, Dead Cells, Return of the Obra Dinn, Hollow Knight, etc. get the recognition they deserve this year. I remember Braid being snubbed back in the day (although it did win a few minor awards) when I feel like it was one of the games that started it all.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
GOTY salt madlib.

Pretty shocked that people could be supporting [ GOW / RDR2 ] for GOTY. I tried the game but had to throw in the towel after 20 mintues.. just couldn't deal with the [ auto aim / linearity / tank controls / BOY ]. Anyone who supported that is clearly a [ Playstation fanboy / R* shill ].

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GOTY salt madlib.

Pretty shocked that people could be supporting [ GOW / RDR2 ] for GOTY. I tried the game but had to throw in the towel after 20 mintues.. just couldn't deal with the [ auto aim / linearity / tank controls / BOY ]. Anyone who supported that is clearly a [ Playstation fanboy / R* shill ].
Saving this for future reference

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
whether its your own personal goty or not, theres no denying that rdr2 is absolutely jaw dropping in some (many) ways. not sure how someone could completely disregard this fact, therefore that it is some people's goty should be no shock.

Feb 10, 2018
I let my 9 year old brother play around in RDR2 riding horses and play with the other non-violent mechanics.
No problems there.

Honestly this shit reminds me of the debate surrounding gameplay for TW3.

Speaking of witcher 3, I fired it up last night and was surprised how primitive and old the players character animation and movement was in comparison to RDR2.

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Red Dead 2 is really great (will play it in January), but this reasoning is hilariously bad, omg.

""It can be frustrating, in an open world game, to be forced into actions you didn't want to take. Red Dead Redemption 2 gives you a ton of choices but very few outcomes; there's often nothing you can do to change how a story mission ends. It can feel like you're fighting against the game, but that's why it's brilliant. Your weariness and your frustration are also Arthur's, and that gives you a greater understanding into the inner turmoil he experiences throughout the story. "

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First rockstar game i didnt like. The visuals story and sound were all top tier. But the controls and mission framework. Yikes.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Maybe Red Dead 2 is really great (will play it in January), but this reasoning is hilariously bad, omg.

""It can be frustrating, in an open world game, to be forced into actions you didn't want to take. Red Dead Redemption 2 gives you a ton of choices but very few outcomes; there's often nothing you can do to change how a story mission ends. It can feel like you're fighting against the game, but that's why it's brilliant. Your weariness and your frustration are also Arthur's, and that gives you a greater understanding into the inner turmoil he experiences throughout the story. "

That reads like a fanboy defending Batman v Superman.... Yet it's from a "professional" critic.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
All this GOW vs RDR2 for GOTY but the true GOTY is Astro Bot: Rescue Mission.

In all seriousness, RDR2 is a great game and I can see why its winning lots of GOTY awards. R* deserves major props for what they created. I prefer RDR1 over 2 though.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Yossarian Corrext
Could you not jump to assumptions blindly? Not only have I finished the thing but played it without any aim assists like I do with all R* games since Gta 4. A git gud is in order.
Also, do you have your own opinions or do you like to simply parrot what was said in that NakeyJakey video? I found plenty of freedom in the game. Opinions, how do they work?

Lol, the game isn't even made to play with free aim because of the total shit deadzone settings. Even with deadzone turned totally off, the acceleration is a disaster. I have no idea why free aim is even an option, unless you want to frustrate yourself, of course. Just play any random third person shooter and you now how it should feel.

I have no idea who NakeyJakey is, but if you think freedom is a game that decides for you behind which rock you should take cover or which gun you have to use, than I don't know what to say. Even Call of Duty gives players more freedom to tackle situations compared to RDR2's mission structure.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Yossarian Corrext

Lol, the game isn't even made to play with free aim because of the total shit deadzone settings. Even with deadzone turned totally off, the acceleration is a disaster. I have no idea why free aim is even an option, unless you want to frustrate yourself, of course. Just play any random third person shooter and you now how it should feel.

I have no idea who NakeyJakey is, but if you think freedom is a game that decides for you behind which rock you should take cover or which gun you have to use, than I don't know what to say. Even Call of Duty gives players more freedom to tackle situations compared to RDR2's mission structure.

That's just, like, your opinion man. Isn't made to play with free aim but like I've said I played the game with free aim and without any assist so it might mean something. Also, I'm a husband and father so my time is limited (so I'm not a ultra hardcore gamer) and considering that, I've played the game with no problems. I didn't even encounter so many fail-states as people are claiming to be not because I like to be guided to a set path but just because I understood what the game wanted me to do, what my mission was, etc.

The game has a lot of freedom. You are mainly talking about the main missions and some of the scripted encounters, but at any one point, you can do whatever, be it fishing, hunting, kill bandits in a camp and put their corpses on fire for the fun of it, hogtie people and go full bandit yourself, etc etc. That to me is freedom. If you want more "emergent gameplay", I'm afraid this game isn't for you as R* games have been this way for quite some time. Just accept that and move on, not every game needs to cater to everyone.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
These two games were always gonna share a lot of GOTY awards this year,not sure why anyone's getting upset tbh.

I've got both games sitting on my shelf,might boot one up in the new year......based on this thread I can't decide which,lol.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Fliviuart If free aim was the way to go, the shooting would have felt like Uncharted or something like that. The whole system is just broken. I simply doesn't control and aims good. I can aim good in real life. Why doesn't this game let me aim good without enormous deadzone and movement acceleration (and without auto aim of course)? Good for you that you "got good" at it, but that still doesn't mean the aiming system is just terrible compared to other games.

Yes, I am talking about the main missions. That's what I've been saying the whole time. It's just disappointing the game treats players like they're 4 years old, while all other things feel very mature.

Wow, you can do whatever you want outside the missions? You mean like you can also do in Assassins Creed, The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Dying Light, Just Cause, Sleeping Dogs and those other hundreds of open world games out there, you mean?

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
Very well deserved! I'm on chapter 6 now, and have been playing a few hrs a day since release. This alongside GOW, Odyssey and Spiderman could all win GOTY awards. To me it doesn't matter which wins, I just feel blessed to have played all 4 in the same year. And to think of all the other amazing games i've not played this year, like FH4. Amazing year.