• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it means he wasn't here when other threads are posted.

It's difficult to know RDR2 won any GOTY award even if you are always here reading Resetera. I only knew it because there is the GOTY picks awards topic. Besides, i don't even know why every time a new website announces a GOTY new threads are created. It would be better to put every award announcement in that topic.

Oct 27, 2017
It's difficult to know RDR2 won any GOTY award even if you are always here reading Resetera. I only knew it because there is the GOTY picks awards topic. Besides, i don't even know why every time a new website announces a GOTY new threads are created. It would be better to put every award announcement in that topic.

Because the mods stated that if the award is from a big publication, it's allowed to be posted. Awards from smaller publications go into the megathread. If you have issues with GoW getting new threads every time it wins an award, take it up with the mods.

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
And I'd rather take those website opinions than a collective set of thoughts that seem to hate every great game this year.

How can you be sure that who voted for these Australian Awards didn't hate on GoW or other games?

You can't.

Btw, i don't see any game being hated by Era

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The mental gymnastics are getting out of hand. Now we're being selective with what matters and what doesn't? And Era's choice is somehow the second most important GOTY pick?? What? Outside this forum, I doubt anyone really cares what ERA picks as their top 10. In fact, while you see IGN, gamespot, eurogamer, whatever publications get featured in trailers, GOTY edition retail boxes, you never see a gaming forum's stamp of approval... gee, i wonder why.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Well deserved.

Must not be big on gameplay down under.

Too many buttons for you, my Final Fantasy loving friend? ;)

Seriously though, I'm a gameplay first type of guy and RDR2 is really working for me. I get the complaints, but they just melt away when I'm back in Morgan's shoes.

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
The mental gymnastics are getting out of hand. Now we're being selective with what matters and what doesn't? And Era's choice is somehow the second most important GOTY pick?? What? Outside this forum, I doubt anyone really cares what ERA picks as their top 10. In fact, while you see IGN, gamespot, eurogamer, whatever publications get featured in trailers, GOTY edition retail boxes, you never see a gaming forum's stamp of approval... gee, i wonder why.

Sure thing Nico (great avatar btw)

For me, Era's Goty is more important that IGN, Gamespot, etc

It was last year too, and I didn't even play BotW

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Good choice but they gave Detroit Become Human RPG of the year...? that is worst then giving it to MHW lol ;) ....2 great games in the wrong category.

EDIT: Just saw there is a post about Detroit also...nm

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
It's the truth. And where is your proof that these awards are rigged?

Didn't know we were getting into conspiracy theories here, but look at you.

Nobody cares about Era's GOTY outside of the members of this forum.

Afaik you're a member of this forum

But nevermind, let's drop it

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I guess most GOTY threads this year are destined to turn into a RDR2 vs GOW shitpost war.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
RDR2 seems like a good Australian game. There were a lot of westerns coming out of Australia for a bit there.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Could've won the Award for best Sport/Racing/Fighting game. You have fishing, the occasional race with your horse, and you have fist fights.

Best Sport/Racing/Fighting game right there.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I guess most GOTY threads this year are destined to turn into a RDR2 vs GOW shitpost war.
I suppose. RDR2 and GoW are very interesting games to pick between. Both are heavily story focused, but deliver it in such different ways that it's creating these diverging, strong opinions. I guess when you have games that are so similar yet different you are going to end up with very passionate debates.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I suppose. RDR2 and GoW are very interesting games to pick between. Both are heavily story focused, but deliver it in such different ways that it's creating these diverging, strong opinions. I guess when you have games that are so similar yet different you are going to end up with very passionate debates.

I loved both games and you are right, they take such different routes to tell their story. I'd say God of War is definitely more of a critic darling as it borrows heavily from games that came before it to make a very polished experience. RDR2, on the other hand, feels very rough around the edges, almost like an indie game that was given a $100 million budget... but if you give yourself to it, the game takes you on a fantastic journey.

In the end, I enjoyed RDR2 more and I doubt there will be another game like this for quite some time. Very memorable.