• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Anecdotally the elderly seem less likely to obey the lockdown rules. My 89 year old grandfather is continuing to walk to the local store to buy a newspaper every morning.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of old people seem to have this DGAF attitude about covid. I don't know if it's because they lived a long life already or what.

Oct 27, 2017
This just reminds me she had a perfect opportunity to step down in 2014 and let Obama pick a young successor but her pride is going to get us a conservative majority.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Well, we're past March now so, according to the rules set in 2016 (Garland was nominated March 16 and we all know that was too late into an election year), we have to leave any court seats vacant until the election is decided. I'm 100% sure Mitch will honor this precedent.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, I wish she'd be placed in a bubble for the next year, but on the other, RGB is s tough as hell. If she can beat cancer at her age, she can beat Covid-19.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
She's probably not riding the subway there.

As long as she's limiting her contact as much as possible, I can see it.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
This just reminds me she had a perfect opportunity to step down in 2014 and let Obama pick a young successor but her pride is going to get us a conservative majority.

After 2016 then yes, but no one could have foreseen the unimaginable collusion between Trump and Senate. The system wasn't perfect, but we had the illusion that it still somehow worked.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Not thrilled about this. She should be staying home.

If it was Brett Kavanaugh doing this I think we would see angrier takes.

OP
OP

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
On the one hand, I wish she'd be placed in a bubble for the next year, but on the other, RGB is s tough as hell. If she can beat cancer at her age, she can beat Covid-19.

Uh Corona is killing cancer survivors very fast when I read about victims there are a lot of cancer survivors in the lists coming out. And people her age can die literally within days after first symptoms.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Damnit someone store her in a time bubble or something until the GOP are no longer in charge.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
After 2016 then yes, but no one could have foreseen the unimaginable collusion between Trump and Senate. The system wasn't perfect, but we had the illusion that it still somehow worked.
Republicans have been all about stacking the courts for 40+ years now. It's not a surprise.

OP
OP

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Well with the balance now, if Trump gets to replace her or Breyer because they died or he won re-election then we are looking at a conservative majority for my lifetime. Which is why I'm gonna vote for Biden no matter what comes out about him or whatever he does basically.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
87? She's basically dead the moment someone with barely a hint of the virus breaths near her.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Damn she's playing Russian Roulette with the grim reaper 👀👀👀

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing she thinks she's healthier working out at the gym than she is staying home and doing whatever there.

Boxxy

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's because of her that I couldn't care less about Bidens obvious issues.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
A lot of old people seem to have this DGAF attitude about covid. I don't know if it's because they lived a long life already or what.

This is purely anecdotal, but I've been surprised how many respond with defiance when told they are in a high-risk group.

In general, admitting vulnerability is a pretty touchy subject, especially when something sensitive like age is involved. The underlying feeling is pretty understandable but I just hope people don't jeopardize their safety in response.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans have been all about stacking the courts for 40+ years now. It's not a surprise.

The refusal to consider Garland was a historic abberation. Don't fall into McConnell's strategy of rewriting history to normalize his disgraceful treacherous attack on the constitution.

Garland in fact was carefully and strategically chosen to avoid McConnell's predicted "regular" obstructionism.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
Well, we're past March now so, according to the rules set in 2016 (Garland was nominated March 16 and we all know that was too late into an election year), we have to leave any court seats vacant until the election is decided. I'm 100% sure Mitch will honor this precedent.
Mitch between now and November heading to Capitol Hill when a supreme court seat frees up:
dJzqPfh.gif

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
you know your system of governance is good when its fully reliant on a 89 year old woman not kicking the bucket

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Anecdotally the elderly seem less likely to obey the lockdown rules. My 89 year old grandfather is continuing to walk to the local store to buy a newspaper every morning.

My future mother in law is doing the same.

She's in her 70's, is diabetic, a cancer survivor and had a heart attack last year.

It's pissing my fiancee off.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh. This is one time I want her to sit down somewhere. The LAST person who needs to catch the virus, especially with her pre-existing conditions.