• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
O1CN01CE8d821tuBXZxkB5f_1085315961.0.jpg

suu0fgyun0aooxy6j9xp.jpg

China only sadly, about $120 at launch.

Good lord I hope these come west. Sure, the earbuds themselves may be a bit tacky, but that charging case is *french kiss*

Details Here via the Verge

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Super cute, and they even match my Switch Lite. Can't wait to get these and not be able to use them with my Switch.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I didn't even consider that... damn. I need to finally pick up one of those usb-c bluetooth adapters, looks like they've gotten pretty thin (eg link).
FYI this model advertises aptX Low Latency support, but it seems to actually be an "aptX, low latency mode" rather than using the aptX Low Latency codec.
I tested it with several different receivers using different chipsets and it would not connect to any of them in aptX LL mode; only standard aptX mode.
The transmitter itself did light up with the "LL" indicator, so it seems to be doing something like using standard aptX with small buffers to reduce latency.

The HomeSpot adapter, which is a little bit bigger, actually does have aptX LL support.
It worked with every receiver I tested, and latency was considerably better than the Gulikit adapter - which had a noticeable delay when playing games.

Of course that only matters if these earbuds support aptX LL.
And if they don't; well, I wouldn't want to be using them for gaming.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
FYI this model advertises aptX Low Latency support, but it seems to actually be an "aptX, low latency mode" rather than using the aptX Low Latency codec.
I tested it with several different receivers using different chipsets and it would not connect to any of them in aptX LL mode; only standard aptX mode.
The transmitter itself did light up with the "LL" indicator, so it seems to be doing something like using standard aptX with small buffers to reduce latency.

The HomeSpot adapter, which is a little bit bigger, actually does have aptX LL support.
It worked with every receiver I tested, and latency was considerably better than the Gulikit adapter - which had a noticeable delay when playing games.

Ah I see, thanks!

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017

There's also the Genki Audio, which started as a Kickstarter that everyone else copied. It also supports aptX LL, has pass-through charging, and includes a USB A to USB C adapter for use in docked mode. It's probably the best no compromise model, but it also hasn't really budged from $49.99.