• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
I found this pretty interesting, a credit card with an LED.

A new prepaid card is the next product that the company will offer, which will allow owners to load it with currency and use the card to make payments. And yes, it does feature Razer's trademark green glow through an LED light that's embedded in the card.

Currently in a beta program, Razer says that the Visa card will be offered through its financial technology arm Razer Fintech and that users will be able to earn 1% cashback on select purchases and 5% cashback for RazerStore and Razer Gold purchases. If you're not a fan of the LED light in the Razer Card, you can opt for a standard version that features only a regular non-luminescent Razer logo on it.

To further tie the card into Razer's gaming eco-system, users will also be able to spend their money and earn gamified rewards. "Access a unique gamified rewards system through the Razer Pay app, where unlike traditional cards' loyalty programs, users go through a personalized experience to track, score and redeem rewards based on tasks and everyday transactions,"

3743366-razercard2.jpg

sxeR5c9A3cEPXe76m2G7YU-970-80.jpg.webp

Source: Gamespot

Cancel my credit card if old.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Unlikely to leave Singapore/Malaysia sadly. I'd love to just buy things with the LED lighting up each time.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
What's the tech behind it? Is the LED card thicker? How is it powered?

It's ridiculous but I actually got a bit intrigued as to how it works.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but I think that looks pretty neat lol

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
'Dude why is your wallet glowing?'

3bada

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Remove the Razer logo and give me that full black card. Looks cool tbh

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
tbh if that card was customizable with designs/lighting, I'd be all for it

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to Razer's "gamer credit default" and "gamer bankruptcy" offerings. Heck if Trump wins, maybe we can get rgb cells in debtors prisons!

"Own the competition by showing them we own you!"

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Just don't. Get a Citi Double Cash if you want to farm credit card rewards for everyday purchases. Pair it with a Wells Fargo Propel Card and you will never need any other cards (unless you are a real big spender).

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
So you have to charge your credit card every night now too?

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1% cashback on -select- purchases? This sounds like one of the worst cards on the market for the consumer.

cashback is a very distinctly USA thing, i think cc fees are much higher here

EU fees are basically 0, so no bank offers any real cashback

This is SES but iirc the situation is similar there