• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Had to cut a bit of the rubber to fit it in properly (poco f2 pro) but now works great with X Cloud, awesome for a bit of late night gaming in bed, only downside is I wish XCloud would go full screen
yeah that seems to be the standard for everything i have tried, xcloud, stadia, ps play (although there you CAN make it full screen, its stretching the image out)

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So for some reason, pressing the Xbox button on the Kishi now opens gamepass, any reason why that is?

Edit: hence I can't use the Xbox button to switch to another game while in remote play on series x

Last edited:

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Sorry for bringing this thread up again, I have just been wondering: Does the Razer Kishi support PS5 Remote Play on iOS? Thinking about getting a Kishi but not sure yet.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Remote play from Xbox seems... not perfect yet. It gets fuzzy/shows compression artefacts if too much is going on and doesn't seem the highest resolution. It is still VERY playable but needs work imo. Even if I move around a lot and scan through my installed games quickly you can see the compression appear.

PS Remote Play on the other hand is insane. No quality drop, no glitches, smooth frames. 1080p.

Both Xbox and PS games look great on my phone screen but I hope the remote play quality for Xbox improves if they give us more settings/options. The PS Remote Play app lets you pick things like resolution and such.

(I've been testing both ways out the past few weeks)

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remote play from Xbox seems... not perfect yet. It gets fuzzy/shows compression artefacts if too much is going on and doesn't seem the highest resolution. It is still VERY playable but needs work imo.

PS Remote Play on the other hand is insane. No quality drop, no glitches, smooth frames. 1080p.

Both Xbox and PS games look great on my phone screen but I hope the remote play quality for Xbox improves if they give us more settings/options. The PS Remote Play app lets you pick things like resolution and such.
I find that Remote Play has better image quality on PS5, but lower latency on XSX. Both options could use some polish but it's a good start.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I really wanted OP's setup to be what I use starting this year. Prior to the launch of the Series X/PS5 I was all-in on team Xbox and Game Pass. I had dreams of being able to play Monster Hunter World and Halo wherever I went. My Switch would basically exist just for exclusives.

I later found out that Game Pass streaming wouldn't come to my iPhone right away (thanks Apple). I have an old Pixel 2 that I tried using for game streaming, but my other issue is that the places I travel to do not have sufficient bandwidth for game streaming.

Major bummer, but maybe someday that solution will work for me. In the meantime I'm sticking with my PS5/Swtich combo.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't a controllet clip work just as well? Or would it have more input latency?

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Hacked my switch for the first time and while game pass was surprisingly passable on switchroot's version of Android 10, the screen and the joycons left a lot to be desired compared to my pixel 4xl plus Xbox controller clip setup. Now wondering if the kishi is still much better than the game sir x2, especially the 2021 x2 which has a more traditional dpad.

on a side note, I hope the switch pro has an oled screen plus first party pro joycons.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
In a similar vein, I'm thinking about picking up the iPega PG-9167

YBU28ET.png

The extendable size is a big plus (phone or tablet), I just have some concerns with the quality of buttons/analog.

I have that and I have some cons: The triggers are just clicky switches, the face buttons do feel cheap, the analog sticks don't have good range. To go further into the analog sticks: if you're playing a racing game and you just want to turn a slight bit, you will just full turn, as if even slight moving the stick is full wheel turn lock. Plus it's BT witch means in some games, emulators, situations you can notice the lag.

Don't get me wrong, this was the a great controller until the Kishi came out (I used this on a Note 10+). I truly hope they come out with a USB-C controller for tablets, that would be the best! No more BT lag (even though it happens rarely).

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
Bought a brand new one of these off of Craigslist today for 40 bucks. First impressions are a bit mixed: The triggers definitely feel cheap and mushy and the face buttons are a little plasticky as well. I'm mainly buying it to play PS5 games in bed but decided to try Call of Duty Mobile to see how it plays....turns out that CoD mobile and PUBG are not compatible with the thing since they only support bluetooth controllers (there's a way around this by syncing an xbox or PS controller but that kind of defeats the whole purpose for me). All of that said, it works pretty well once you find a game that supports it.

I don't think this thing is worth more than the 40 dollars I paid for it but at that price it seems like a good value.

bobliefeld

Jan 30, 2019
Hacked my switch for the first time and while game pass was surprisingly passable on switchroot's version of Android 10, the screen and the joycons left a lot to be desired compared to my pixel 4xl plus Xbox controller clip setup. Now wondering if the kishi is still much better than the game sir x2, especially the 2021 x2 which has a more traditional dpad.

on a side note, I hope the switch pro has an oled screen plus first party pro joycons.

The Kishi is alright but I actually prefer Joycons. I find Joycons to be a bit more comfortable + the buttons and dpad on the Kishi have that cheap third party controller feel. Also I don't think the stick and buttons on the right side are very well positioned.
It's good and I do like it but it's definitely not an upgrade over Joycons.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone with 75mb down internet (usually in the 50-75mb range over wifi) used PS5 remote play? I'd like to consider this for remote play, but not if my internet can't deliver decent performance.