• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a man who has been alive for 30 years, I can confidently say men are shit.

If that statement bothers you, then maybe don't be a piece of shit, I don't know what else to tell you

Yiepekaiyei

Nov 20, 2017
Brazil
I am not talking about conservatives or christians, I am talking about your average citizen that mainly cares if they can pay the bills at the end of the month
The average christian and conservative citizen you mean? C'mon, are you talking from the same Brazil? The majority is christian or conservative, man! Wake up!

linnus

Oct 25, 2017
Razer Brazil's twitter is blowing up because of this. I'm just waiting for their campaign with the pink keyboards saying that they 'embrace everyone' or some shit to try to brush this off.

I'm really bummed about their position. I own a lot of their products (including the shitty Razer Phone), well not anymore.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it seems she apologized, i understand why she did this, but that's sad... she isn't the one that should have to apologize.
sigh... =/
i hate this gamer neo-fascism thing

Oct 25, 2017
imagine being fragile enough to have your life shattered by a woman saying that all man are trash

srs guys you need to work on yourself if you can't handle that

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I don't have a problem with what the streamer said, especially in the circumstances. At the same time I can understand why Razer would end their deal with the streamer. I don't think Razer is saying that how she is being treated is okay, at the same time because they are connected with her everything she says could reflect on them and as evidenced by a number of users in this thread they feel discriminated against by her statement that "men are trash". I see a lot of people saying they're going to stop using Razer products because they ended their deal over her comments, but I think, since Razer's main consumer base is male, they are afraid that such statements from a person connected to their brand could have the same effect.

It's a potential lose-lose for Razer, either they lose customers because they support someone who said something that could be seen as discriminatory once upon a time or they lose customers because they end a deal because of said comments.

That being said, she did apologize and stuff so...

Reminds me of the whole James Gunn situation but at least here she didn't lose her job. I do think its weird that they ended it with such a public statement though. At the end of the day, people who go out of their way to send death threats and harass people because of their gender (or any reason really) are the scum of the earth.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
As a man I do not get offended by the statement "Men are trash" because it's mostly true and we should all be doing out best to make that statement false in the future. I hope as the father of 4 to be a good example but when I was a high school/College student.. yeah I was a pretty garbage human being. I am working to improve myself everyday.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a problem with what the streamer said, especially in the circumstances. At the same time I can understand why Razer would end their deal with the streamer. I don't think Razer is saying that how she is being treated is okay, at the same time because they are connected with her everything she says could reflect on them and as evidenced by a number of users in this thread they feel discriminated against by her statement that "men are trash". I see a lot of people saying they're going to stop using Razer products because they ended their deal over her comments, but I think, since Razer's main consumer base is male, they are afraid that such statements from a person connected to their brand could have the same effect.

It's a potential lose-lose for Razer, either they lose customers because they support someone who said something that could be seen as discriminatory once upon a time or they lose customers because they end a deal because of said comments.

That being said, she did apologize and stuff so...

Reminds me of the whole James Gunn situation but at least here she didn't lose her job. I do think its weird that they ended it with such a public statement though. At the end of the day, people who go out of their way to send death threats and harass people because of their gender (or any reason really) are the scum of the earth.
poor tech company ran by men who make shit products.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
The shit she has gotten and even the responses in this thread proves her right.

Men have implied or outright stated that women are fragile and drama queens.
It's become ever increasingly blatant that it's actually men that are incredibly fragile and kick up a fuss over the dumbest shit.

In fact, most if not all misogynistic shit is evident projection.
Hell even the concept of "man" and "manliness" is built on a house of pathetic insecurity.

Yes, "men" are trash.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is disappointing. Considering what she went through I don't blame her for her opinion. I saw a bunch of tweets during E3 from female streamers and celebs talking about what a terrible time they had because of some guys at the show. If that's what you're getting day in and out I wouldn't blame anyone for generalizing.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Just read the translation of what she said. She ain't wrong, whew. And to the men who have their underpants in a twist? Well, a hit dog will holler.

Jun 2, 2019
Okay, I wasn't exactly fond of Razer outside of Razer Surround (And now I don't even need it. Thanks, Creative) but this is another level of bullshit.

I really hope heads start rolling soon, and I'm really sorry for her. How the fuck men manage to be such assholes?

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
I'm hoping some media outlets pick this up.
Gaming press (if you can even call it that, since they just reproduce content made by others) in Brazil, besides behind pretty much dead, is still stuck in the 90s when it comes to anything related to the social side of videogames, so I don't expect anything to come from that.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm hoping some media outlets pick this up.
Gaming press (if you can even call it that, since they just reproduce content made by others) in Brazil, besides behind pretty much dead, is still stuck in the 90s when it comes to anything related to the social side of videogames, so I don't expect anything to come from that.
The only sites I can see picking this up are Waypoint and Polygon, who already have a far left leaning audience. I'm almost willing to bet other sites won't pick this up, because, at least officially, they won't deem it newsworthy. It's just "another employer being let off, which happens all the time", and obviously they wouldn't want to anger 70% of their reader's base by being openly "SJW". Publications (and many devs) are fucking scared of this, trust me. Not necessarily because of taking a valid stance, but because the fear of losing audience, being targeted by said audience for harassment campaigns, and because they'll be an open target when it comes to pointing out hypocrisies because they didn't report on it before / joined the toxic crowd on occasions.

Wakawun

Oct 27, 2017
I was so very close to pulling the trigger on a Razer Blade Stealth laptop.

It's hearing about lapse in basic decency like this that makes my decision very clear. See ya Razer. Don't care if it's just your Brazil branch.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
I think Razor Brazil got an angry phone call from the CEO of Razor International. I understand when Brazilian gamers avoiding Razor products now though.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To all these men's rights activists here:

21-Radical-Quotes-from-Martin-Luther-King-Jr.-to-Make-America-Great-Again-1.png

#Inb4NotAllWhites

Understand context of people's suffering and stop making their oppression about you.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Razor Brazil got an angry phone call from the CEO of Razor International. I understand when Brazilian gamers avoiding Razor products now though.
I can imagine their customers worldwide (who care about this issue) would start avoiding Razers products in general due to this, especially if Razor International never bother to make an official statement regarding this.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wish I could say I was surprised at the cavalcade of people in this thread showing their ass and getting banned. Like moths to a flame.

As for Razer, there's not enough cringey Gamers Rise Up memes to describe them and the people harassing this streamer.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Last time there was this many broken men with broken fragile masculinity was ironically the Gillette Razer ad.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
As a man I do not get offended by the statement "Men are trash" because it's mostly true and we should all be doing out best to make that statement false in the future. I hope as the father of 4 to be a good example but when I was a high school/College student.. yeah I was a pretty garbage human being. I am working to improve myself everyday.
When confronted by the truth that men can be, and are trash towards women all too often, you can respond in two ways.

You can know that misogyny is a trap we can all fall into, and promise to do better for everyone. Or you can go #notallmen and try to make calling out the issues women face as the real issue.

One of them furthers hatred and proves the accusation as true, the other can make a better society for everyone and make the charge unwarranted.

If you go for option 2, you're trash.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is disappointing. Considering what she went through I don't blame her for her opinion. I saw a bunch of tweets during E3 from female streamers and celebs talking about what a terrible time they had because of some guys at the show. If that's what you're getting day in and out I wouldn't blame anyone for generalizing.

One of the most disappointing things about this is an argument I had with someone who demanded proof that this woman faces harassment on a daily basis thanks to her streaming.

I think it'll be much harder to find a prominent woman in game streaming or media who doesn't harassment on a daily basis just because of they being a woman.

This sort of handwaving and expectation that women need to act perfectly and "reasonably" despite constant, unending abuse is doubly misogynistic. The expectation from men for women to act nicely towards them because they haven't specifically done wrong, and the offence taken at being lumped in with the trash is too much. If your first thought of her conduct is "She's stupid" rather than "fuck me why are people like this towards women" then I don't know what to tell you.

HollowDash

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
That's not the worst part of the story. After the whole incident went viral, a imageboard anon forum called 55chan started sending her and friends with death threats

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wish I could say I was surprised at the cavalcade of people in this thread showing their ass and getting banned. Like moths to a flame.

As for Razer, there's not enough cringey Gamers Rise Up memes to describe them and the people harassing this streamer.

Their tagline is "Welcome to the cult if razer"

Which itself is a red flag lol

Kartul7

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory false equivalence surrounding sexism; concern trolling regarding harassment; account still in junior phase
Ew @ Razer - glad I've never been interested in their products, yuk. But the worst of all are the scum that are sending death threats. That shit should be a criminal offense that is actually acted on. Pieces of shit.

I do have a request to some of the posters here though, perhaps stop calling half of the population of the planet trash based on what they were born as? You're getting awfully close to Razer level of sexist.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Ew @ Razer - glad I've never been interested in their products, yuk. But the worst of all are the scum that are sending death threats. That shit should be a criminal offense that is actually acted on. Pieces of shit.

I do have a request to some of the posters here though, perhaps stop with calling half of the population of the planet trash? You're getting awfully close to Razer level of sexist.
The point, you missed it.

If group of people continually harass someone for existing, for being a woman in gaming (the crime!) They're going to get upset, no human is immune from the level of treatment that these people are often subjected to.

If you think that saying that men are trash after a group of men acted like trash, and that's as bad as Razer siding with the trash, then you're trash.

And no I'm not letting you off with the edit. The people acting against the misogyny of men exhibited here are not the real sexists, thanks.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
Time to switch to another brand that doesn't blame the victims.

And people wonder why there's a stigma with the word "gamers".

Razer Brazil is just sucking the dick (excuse the expression) of Bolsonaro.

Last edited:

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had a Razer Chroma Blackwidow v1. Three keys weren't working after three months of use and sold it after. I'm never buying their products especially with this issue.

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Translating stuff can he a bitch, I mean sure if you go by the book you'll be left to believe that she meant to say all men are trash but she didn't really say that with that scope in mind. She was pissed because she was harassed, give her a break. Razer's always been a shite company tbh, no surprise there.