• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
If this active ventilation brings cool air in, and expels hot air, then I'm definitely in. I also love how it molds to the face, should really help glasses users with fogging issues - especially if you're like me, where my glasses constantly fog up coming inside from the winter cold.

leberkas

Banned
Nov 10, 2020
I just want an actively filtered n95 mask that's comfortable to wear.
Why do they have to stuff it full of leds and make it transparent? I know LG also has an active mask, but theirs isnt N95 certified.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It seems really cool and functional.

The mic is amazing because I can never hear people when I'm working at my part-time job. They mumble on top of the plexi partition and background noise. More people need something like that.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I actually love this. It's so pointless but wild.

I love that Razer does the most random stuff

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
These things actually go a long way in solving various accessibility design problems but I think the price of this is bound to put it out of reach of those who would need it most, should it even make it to market. It seems like a concept product though.
Yeah. I get the usefulness, but a mask from razer, I was just waiting for the video to start dropping in features that make it expensive.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want an actively filtered n95 mask that's comfortable to wear.
Why do they have to stuff it full of leds and make it transparent? I know LG also has an active mask, but theirs isnt N95 certified.
You can probably turn the LEDs off and cover up the transparent shield with a dbrand skin. Use creator code "metha15" to get 15% off official dbrand mask skins. Don't forget to like and subscribe.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Lemme hook it up to RAZER Synapse so I can sync up dem RGBs with the rest of my stuff.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Like some smarter users have mentioned, the features here (transparent, mic and amp) are super great for accessibility and really there should've been a push by a big company earlier in the pandemic for this.

Only issue here though is that it's Razor so like, it'll be INSANELY expensive for what it is. Just hope another company do a similar thing at actual decent prices.

Also, RGB might be a needless and superfluous feature, I don't know how useful it'll be but it's a gaming PC staple so it has to be here.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Ignoring Razer and muh RGB....

I was just talking to my wife last night telling her how amazed I was that there hasn't been some fancy expensive masks released over the past year. I know there were stupid kickstarters and whatnot, but still

zero2000

Oct 28, 2017
Ignoring Razer and muh RGB....

I was just talking to my wife last night telling her how amazed I was that there hasn't been some fancy expensive masks released over the past year. I know there were stupid kickstarters and whatnot, but still

Companies know that most countries probably won't adopt a lifestyle of wearing masks to not spread anything post-covid. Everyone will go back to being their old gross self.

So their long term profits probably aren't super positive looking.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Companies know that most countries probably won't adopt a lifestyle of wearing masks to not spread anything post-covid. Everyone will go back to being their old gross self.

So their long term profits probably aren't super positive looking.

I mean I could see bougie westerners wearing luxury brand masks in the future post-pandemic.
And I guarantee you if Apple made this exact mask it'd be on back order

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
If it had no RGB I would be all over it. I see more and more designs like this. Ive been using the Gatapack which is KN95. I love the way it similarly seals with silicon and only has a space for air which goes through the filter. Made fogging of glasses dissapear and unlike other masks it has a great seal. I think having a high quality mask like this is great because this won't be the last time we'll probably need them.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Is it weird that I really want one of these...
I'd use this as my main mask seriously. Would turn off the RGB when I don't need it and it looks so good

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
looks like you could use it for a cheap bane cosplay. Wonder if you could install voice mods into it lol

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Covering social queues is a plus of minus for some people. My last service job had interactions with guests that were deaf, which sometimes created difficulties due to covered lips. We tried sharing notes.

The RGB is embarrassing.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, at least they're making a useful product and it does look cool; definitely unexpected but, in a good way.

Definitely gives off EXOTIC Division 2 gear vibes too.

Last edited:

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
As long as the RGB matches my keyboard so I know what macros I'm hitting. Maybe gyro support and haptic feedback. Also, hope they add a /pizza in the next firmware release.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the ideas in there are cool, but I don't see a strap that goes around your head to save your ears from bearing the weight of the whole thing.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It constantly amuses me how many people on here are so against Razer and other gaming peripheral companies.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think this looks awesome. Could do with less lights or colours, but otherwise I love that it has auto sterilisation, a see through window and is N95. I think it's perfect for those who work in hospitality or services and speak to customers etc regularly. If it's reasonably priced I'll pick one up.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
I have unironically been waiting for an RGB face mask and this actually looks pretty great.

My two concerns:

1. Price

2. I thought vented masks help protect the wearer but not other people? Is that fixed with the n95 filter?

Mar 3, 2019
I mean, a year ago crazy people would splurge on this when we had no idea when the plague would end, but now with a light at the end of the tunnel...?

Too too long to create this. Also it's fucking stupid.

you realize you still have to wear a mask after the vaccine right? We still don't know if the vaccine just masks symptoms or prevents a more intense version of the virus, hence why they say you can still be contagious and have it after the vaccine