• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Wow. We're in hell.

Also, i fucking HATE it when people go "Dur hur Black Mirror"

but also..........

Black Mirror.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Eh, I don't hate it, but I feel like this is going to be well over $200 which feels like a lot so the cashier at the grocery store can "pick up on my social cues" lol. Granted, I've learned that my wife uses lip reading for like half of her speech comprehension because she can't hear shit I say when we're out in public masked up anymore; this would help with that I suppose.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, as a fan of the aesthetic, I'd consider it if I could have a removable opaque cover and headstraps instead of ear loops.

Ear loops on a respirator are going to be uncomfortable as fuck if you actually need to get a true seal on it.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the new razor/blade business model? $50 for the mask and $150 for new filters.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mask is cool! But I'm just wondering, if they're throwing R&D bucks for this and it has no date, they must be expecting the pandemic to last well into the year, right?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that it's transparent is weird. First off, like others have said, having the lower half of my face hidden is more feature than bug when it comes to mask wearing.
It's great for people that sign, etc. Being able to read someones lips is such a huge benefit to a fair bit.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazing at the people in this thread wanting to buy a freaking mask from Razer of all people.

You know when I think quality, especially medical related, I think Razer.

Nov 18, 2020
Giving me Mad Max vibes

image.png

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
"reduces wastage" oh for sure man i bet all that plastic and lithium is really environmentally friendly

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd feel really weird rocking up to the grocery store with a $100+ mask with RGB bumping while people stocking the shelves are risking their lives daily for minimum wage, wearing disposable masks but maybe that's just me. I'll stick to my fabric mask.

Cool concept design but parts of it just feel off to me. I'd love to see Razer donate these to frontline workers though. Give these to grocery store workers, as one example.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of being transparent, it would have been cooler to have a curved LED display that I could customize.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Mask is cool! But I'm just wondering, if they're throwing R&D bucks for this and it has no date, they must be expecting the pandemic to last well into the year, right?

I mean, it's pretty much guaranteed that the pandemic will last well into the year/the whole year and likely into next year.

Unless we find a way to start vaccinating about 10x faster than we currently are.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
The perfect mask for dancing under a concrete bridge.

F61597CF7B94628BB9946FBF7842D63AB0E90819

I love it though, it's so ridiculous.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
As far as the R&D is concerned, I don't think there's much of a technical hurdle there. Masks with ventilation and such are pretty common-place, so making an active filter shouldn't be too much of an issue. The biggest problem is the sterilization and battery life of these masks.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I'll tell you what, I think people would be stupid not to have some masks around going forward. I'm in for this if the price is decent for Razer's standards.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, a year ago crazy people would splurge on this when we had no idea when the plague would end, but now with a light at the end of the tunnel...?

Too too long to create this. Also it's fucking stupid.

Well living in Cali... this might be usefull every year. 🔥🌫😷

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't dumb, this is exactly what companies need to be making. There are a lot of deaf and hard of hearing people out there who rely on lip-reading who have been marginalized, and all companies have been doing is continuing to sell garbage fabric masks for 20 bucks a pop.

And when a mask is made of plastic, it muffles your voice more, so the microphone/speaker actually makes sense in that regard as well.
I have been following basically ANY transparent mask because it's what we need as my wife is hard of hearing, but they are all taking forever to hit the market. The muffled voice is one of the challenges a lot of them have. Just give me a sign up page, a price and a date, Razer.

Last edited: