• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
www.razer.com

The World's Smartest Mask - Project Hazel

Razer's prototype of the most intelligent mask ever created, featuring surgical N95 respirator, active ventilation, and an auto-sterilization function.

Summary from the webpage:
- Surgical N95 Respirator
- Active Ventilation
- Auto-Sterilization Function
- Transparent Design to see people speak and pick up on social cues
- Built in lights with low light mode
- Built in mic and amp
- Replaceable filters and rechargeable ventilators
- Wireless Charging

And yes, there is RGB for the gamers out there:

5002f03353d08d36a5556c8eb56a0668.jpg

gamer mask gamer mask gamer mask

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is neat. If it can help make masks cool/hip for the younger generation that's only a good thing.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Went looking for the price at the website. Nothing.

What are we expecting, $500+?

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that the Designer talked about the mask in that video for 2 minutes and didn't even put it on speaks volumes about this product.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, a year ago crazy people would splurge on this when we had no idea when the plague would end, but now with a light at the end of the tunnel...?

Too too long to create this. Also it's fucking stupid.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
I want one, but I'd wonder if I could paint the inside of it so it wasn't see through. The only joy of having a mask atm is people can't see my bad teeth. :p

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
What exactly is stupid about it? lol I for one love that masks are becoming so much more acceptable in the west. Even if there are dumbfucks still resistant to it, I hope a ton of ppl continue to wear them during flu season, etc.

Feature set seems nice. Depending on weight, I'd love to have one when I go on runs.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, I'm on the fence about it.

There's a lot I like about it. Voiceamp technology could be very useful - I hate trying to talk to people through a mask.
Wireless charging/sterilizer case is nice, as is a rechargeable ventilator. Sounds like it would be easier to wear for a long haul.

The fact that it's transparent is weird. First off, like others have said, having the lower half of my face hidden is more feature than bug when it comes to mask wearing. Also, in pictures on their site, being able to see through the mask actually makes the whole thing look kind of weird, like you're wearing sunglasses on your mouth.

RGB lighting is lol. I would just keep them turned off.

If they sold a cheap version that hid your face and didn't have lights, I'd probably buy it right away.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like it's very smartly designed. I would be in for one if it's not horribly priced.

OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, a year ago crazy people would splurge on this when we had no idea when the plague would end, but now with a light at the end of the tunnel...?

Too too long to create this. Also it's fucking stupid.
A lot of people, including some here, have said that even when this is over they would still wear masks on a more consistent basis. Shit, I'd where this during the peak of flu season.