• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
More images here

p.jpeg
p.png
p.png

The Razer Kishi universal mobile gaming controllers support low latency gameplay on either Android or iOS devices. Building on the compact ergonomic form of the Razer Junglecat which primarily targeted Razer Phone 2 owners, Razer's new Kishi cloud-compatible controllers provide clickable analog controls and thumbsticks on both sides of the phone with a universal fit created in partnership with Gamevice for compatibility with most smartphones.

Ultra-low latency native and cloud game control is now delivered through a hidden USB-C or Apple Lightning® connection, and pass-through charging ports on the Kishi allow for device charging during game play. The Kishi for Android offers support for most Android or iOS games that are compatible with mobile controllers, including both native titles and cloud services.

"Razer is excited to strengthen its collaboration with NVIDIA by joining their GeForce NOW Recommended program," said Jason Schwartz, Head of Mobile Gaming at Razer. "GeForce NOW is PC gaming in the cloud, transforming underpowered or incompatible hardware into a powerful GeForce gaming PC. Razer mobile gaming controllers are perfect complementary devices to enhance this type of gameplay which we are pleased to feature here at the Razer CES booth."

The Razer Kishi mobile controllers (for Android or iOS) will be available in early 2020.

p.png
p.png
p.png
p.png
p.png

In partnership with Intel®, Razer introduces the Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop – the first truly modular desktop system utilizing the new ultra-compact Razer Tomahawk N1 chassis.

A perfect fit for the Intel® NUC 9 Extreme Compute Element, the Razer Tomahawk N1 is a sleek, compact desktop chassis with an advanced modular layout, infusing Razer's minimalistic design language into a gaming chassis to create a one-of-a-kind desktop case, capable of achieving high clock speeds and frame rates without the bulk of a full-sized desktop.

The Razer Tomahawk N1's all-aluminum body is flanked by tempered glass on both sides, highlighting the vertically mounted GPU in all its glory, with an open vent design at the top to maintain cooling performance. The rear features a lock-and-slide sled mechanism that opens with minimal effort, allowing for quick access to internal components without the need for tools.

The Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop will feature up to an Intel® Core-i9 processor, 64GB of DDR4 RAM, and NVIDIA™ GeForce RTX™ 2080 Super graphics. Both the RAM and SSD modules on the NUC card will be upgradeable as well as the fans, GPU and NUC itself, to satisfy the needs of the most demanding gamers, streamers, and content creators alike.

The Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop will be available in the first half of 2020. The Tomahawk N1 case will be available as a standalone product for hardware-savvy PC enthusiasts looking to build their own compact yet powerful gaming PCs.

With the increasing need for processing power in next-gen games and an ever demanding user base, Razer will also launch the next generation of Razer Blade gaming laptops later this year. Featuring the latest 10th Gen Intel® Core™ H-Series Processors to meet those expectations, they will pack up to 300Hz refresh rate panels, powerful graphics processors, and optimized designs to stay ahead of the game.

p.png
p.png

Razer's Sila 5G Home Router concept is a high-speed networking device tailored for gamers to offer ultra-low latency during both stationary and mobile gameplay, featuring Razer's proprietary FasTrack engine. A built-in rechargeable battery also adds capability as a mobile 5G hotspot for impromptu, latency-free tournaments wherever you go.

Razer's FasTrack engine is an intelligent, continuously adaptive QoS (quality of service) feature that prioritizes bandwidth for applications and devices for high-speed gaming & streaming. A unique Gaming Mode allows for online gameplay with no interruptions.

The Razer Sila 5G Home Router lets users prioritize between client hardware, such as Xbox or desktop PC, and is designed to optimize cloud gaming services. Additionally, a manual indicator will notify users when the priority has changed so that they're always in-the-know.

The router can be easily controlled through the available Android or iOS apps with the option to prioritize individual apps or games, or alternatively, to prioritize the categories of those apps. The accompanying app allows users quick and easy control of guest networks, to set security protocols, or adjust device priorities.

Specs:
ABOUT THE RAZER KISHI MOBILE GAMING CONTROLLERS

• USB-C or Apple Lightning™ connection
  • Android smartphones: Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+/S9/S9+/S10e/S10/S10+/Note 8/Note 9/Note 10/Note 10+, Google Pixel 2/2 XL/3/3XL/4/4XL, and other Android 7.0 Nougat or higher devices
  • iOS Smartphones: iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
  • Pass through charging
  • Latency-free connectivity
ABOUT THE RAZER SILA 5G HOME ROUTER

• Qualcomm SDX55 + Hawkeye IPQ8072A
  • 5G NR (Sub-6 and mmWave), and 4G LTE
  • Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax 4x4
  • 1 x 2.5Gbps WAN, 4 x 1Gbps LAN, 1 x USB 3.0 port
  • 1 x SIM slot
Mesh Node Specifications

• Qualcomm Atheros IPQ6000
  • Wi-Fi 6 11ax 2x2
  • 1 x 1Gbps WAN, 4 x 1Gbps LAN, 1 x USB 3.0 port
ABOUT THE RAZER TOMAHAWK GAMING DESKTOP

Intel NUC

• Up to Intel 9th Gen i9 8-Core CPU
  • Up to 64GB DDR4
  • Dual M.2 SSD Slots
  • Wi-Fi 6
Graphics

• NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 20 Series, Support for full-length PCI graphics cards
Design

• Toolless design
  • Compact footprint
  • Open vents for efficient cooling
Ports

• 2x Thunderbolt 3, 2x 1G Ethernet, 2x HDMI 2.0A, 6x USB 3.2 Gen 2

Last edited:

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally, a modular PC. I can't believe it took this long to get a PC you can swap the parts out of.

Edit: No joke I love the form factor though.

Enordash

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
I really like the form factor of the Tomahawk. I've always been fascinated with SFF builds, but they just don't seem worth the trouble ultimately.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Really wish the marketing people would say what QOS/AQM so it can be judged.

So it could be helpful but not if the implementation sucks.

Sorry i will stick with asus, netgear, or linksys they have shit together with customizing firmware be it stock or open source.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
That Tomahawk form factor is great might have a look at it for a TV gaming PC.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
my Falcon NW TLX is only 1.5 years old, so I don't reasonably need to update for another 1.5 years, but damn I really want a Razer Blade 15. Will probably wait for the 2022 refresh at this point.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
The Tomahawk N1 looks like Louqe's Ghost S1 but with a tempered glass. It's a great look, but I feel for that 2080 ti not having ventilation for the sake of having tempered glass.

Oct 29, 2017
I have been wondering why MSi or Asus were not yet making more elegant SFF gaming computers with laptop boards, since they both have ditched gamer aesthetics for some of their top gaming laptops, but still hold on to them for their desktops.

Razer beating them to an obvious market.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Finally, a modular PC. I can't believe it took this long to get a PC you can swap the parts out of.

Edit: No joke I love the form factor though.

the mark up on the modular parts is insane though. I have a corex for a Mac mini I have and it is great but the price was crazy.

Jun 18, 2018
I really wish Razor tried something between the Switch style controller and the already available Razer Raiju for mobile...

Give me the ability to have my mobile screen above my hands so the screen can easily be held high and have its viewing angle adjusted, and also paddles. Such an increase in size shouldn't be an issue if it's already to big to fit in you picket.

Alternatively, someone needs to remember the PSPGo and have a mobile controller that can also double up as a case.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Honestly, I'd probably look into that router if the ASUS Onhub that I purchased a few years ago wasn't still holding up so well. I recently upgraded to gigabit Internet through Xfinity, and I was happy to realize that the ASUS Onhub still supported those speeds, as I hadn't really made that any sort of a priority when I purchased it.

Kareha

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
United Kingdom
I do like the look of that controller for my S10+, although I'm wary when buying Razer stuff as they tend to break after about 6 months use. Does anyone else have something similar available using the USB Type C connector?

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
So they're just gonna go with the modular BS claim and provide no explanation of what they mean? I love marketing.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So they're just gonna go with the modular BS claim and provide no explanation of what they mean? I love marketing.

"the first truly modular desktop system utilizing the new ultra-compact Razer Tomahawk N1 chassis"

Not the first truly modular desktop system, but the first one using the Tomahawk N1.

Starting at $2300.

Oct 29, 2017
For those interested in the concept, but may rather buy from other brands, Razer are not the only ones (other than Intel own NUCs) already using this new Intel part that is a mini computer the size of a PCIe card. Cyberpowerpc had one on display.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
"the first truly modular desktop system utilizing the new ultra-compact Razer Tomahawk N1 chassis"

Not the first truly modular desktop system, but the first one using the Tomahawk N1.

Starting at $2300.
Thanks that explains it. The marketing spin was right in front of my eyes the whole time lol

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Looks just like a DAN lol. But will definitely run hotter. My GEEEK A50 can get a little toasty on the GPU side and that's just acrylic.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
THe modular PC looks awesome.

I'm not in the market for a computer any time soon, but I'd likely go for something like that. The price is also pretty attractive AFAIC.

Any word on whether that controller would work for something like Microsoft xCloud? I've got one of those controller clips but it's awkward.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Sweet, hope the price is good on both the mobile controller and that small case. Its too bad my Huawei phone, despite having a USB C port, is unfortunately terrible for streaming due to no 5G.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Controller looks great. After trying xcloud and loving it I think I need something that I can hook up to maybe both a phone and a tablet thou. I wonder if this think can connect to a PC as well. I would love if could put it on my edc bag as only go to controller for my laptop, tablet, phone for example.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
I'll never buy another thing made by Razer again went through too many mice and keyboard, they're so cheap. But I gotta admit it looks pretty cool. Most likely way too expensive but a good idea hopefully other company will embrace too.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Probably a dumb questions, but are there additional options for a small form factor gaming rig like the one from Razer? I have an aging 970 system and would love something as small as possible. Love the form factor of it, but have heard terrible things about razer products.

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
"Razer's minimalistic design language"

So bright, randomly flashing LEDs then? I actually think the case looks nice, but lol.

GeezyAF

Oct 28, 2017
DAN Case A4.
I'll never buy another thing made by Razer again went through too many mice and keyboard, they're so cheap. But I gotta admit it looks pretty cool. Most likely way too expensive but a good idea hopefully other company will embrace too.
This product will bring SFF more mainstream. Razer's last couple products have been reviewing extremely well, and it seems they've taken a turn to make good periphs again. Check out the Huntsman TE and/or Viper.
Probably a dumb questions, but are there additional options for a small form factor gaming rig like the one from Razer? I have an aging 970 system and would love something as small as possible. Love the form factor of it, but have heard terrible things about razer products.
DAN Case A4, SG13, Ncase M1, etc. r/sffpc is a good resource. I use a SG13 myself.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the build quality of their mice and laptops, I just don't trust Razer anymore.

I like the idea of modular PC build boxes, but I'd prefer it from a better company.