• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
see now this is a movie I'll actually pay the premier tax for. lol

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Yeah this looks amazing. I'm gonna pay extra for it gleefully and then see it when it gets an inevitable theatrical rerelease eventually.

This looks way bigger and more epic than the other trailers implied.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in it but I'll wait for standard Disney+. I'm not planning on doing premier access anytime soon or at all really

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
This looks incredible. Wow. Will happily pay Premiere Access for this.

Also: does she have a Byleth-esque Whip-Sword? Hell yeah.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Why does Disney charge extra on top of their monthly fee to watch a movie? Hbo now has theatrical releases at no extra charge. Movie looks great, but not going to pay extra. Thanks, but I'll wait like I did for Mulan

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Is that an actual Disney villain? Not some plot twist or five minute character?

I bet it turns out to be her long-lost sister/cousin or what have you.

As for the trailer, it looks great...but I'm not 100% sold on the overt 'pop culture' 1-liners and such.

The 'group project' bit just falls super flat when being said by....a fantasy dragon, lol....but it probably ties back to Eddy Murphy/Mushu and Robin Williams/Genie for that though, I suppose

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why does Disney charge extra on top of their monthly fee to watch a movie? Hbo now has theatrical releases at no extra charge. Movie looks great, but not going to pay extra. Thanks, but I'll wait like I did for Mulan
because they think people will pay it on their very succesful streaming service. WB basically uses their movies to get people to subscribe to their struggling service, if their service was successful they'd charge too.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Looks pretty good and action packed.

sswd81m.png

Is it just me or is this hairstyle getting a little stale for these kinds of characters.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the one with lin manuel miranda songs? Sure was no indication of any music from the trailer.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Good lord, I'm in love with the production design. Moana was where they really figured out how to bring the classic "Disney" look to 3D, and that team is fucking running with it here.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Looks pretty uninspired. You can tell that they are the creators of Frozen 2.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Why was Pixar's Soul free on D+ but this isn't? Not complaining, just thought Soul was indication of a strategy shift after Mulan.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Wow, this is not at all what I would have expected. Looks good though.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Awkwafina as the Dragon sure is a choice. Did not expect that after all the "The dragon looks like Elsa" comments

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Here's the video description / voice cast for people who don't click through:

"Raya and the Last Dragon" takes us on an exciting, epic journey to the fantasy world of Kumandra, where humans and dragons lived together long ago in harmony. But when an evil force threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Now, 500 years later, that same evil has returned and it's up to a lone warrior, Raya, to track down the legendary last dragon to restore the fractured land and its divided people. However, along her journey, she'll learn that it'll take more than a dragon to save the world—it's going to take trust and teamwork as well.

"Raya and the Last Dragon" features an outstanding voice cast, including Kelly Marie Tran as the voice of the intrepid warrior Raya; Awkwafina as the legendary dragon, Sisu; Gemma Chan as Raya's nemesis, Namaari; Daniel Dae Kim as Raya's visionary father, Benja; Sandra Oh as Namaari's powerful mother, Virana; Benedict Wong as Tong, a formidable giant; Izaac Wang as Boun, a 10-year-old entrepreneur; Thalia Tran as the mischievous toddler Little Noi; Alan Tudyk as Tuk Tuk, Raya's best friend and trusty steed; Lucille Soong as Dang Hu, the leader of the land of Talon; Patti Harrison as the chief of the Tail land; and Ross Butler as chief of the Spine land.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I didn't have to pay but unlike Mulan, I'm actually willing to shell out the money for this one.