• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't think Ray had anything to gain from making these accusations now.

Especially not after getting the Snyder Cut running, he has no reason to do this.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I believe he's trying to say that that is the only situation he could think of where there was an issue on set regarding Ray.

Its paired with him denying he enabled any abuse.

That's surely one interpretation:

He went on to diminish Fisher's concerns, painting the actor as grousing over minor creative differences as opposed to the much larger issues that Fisher has presented as he complained about Whedon's time at the helm of the film over the course of the last few days on social media

Berg told Variety this afternoon that it was "categorically untrue that we enabled any unprofessional behavior, adding that "I remember [Fisher] being upset that we wanted him to say 'Booyah,' which is a well known saying of Cyborg in the animated series."

Pairing the actual allegations, which are very serious to him being mad because he didnt want to say "Booyah" seems off to me.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That's surely one interpretation:

I would understand where you're coming from if Berg's response was something something more wishy washy. But he is very literally saying it is a lie.

When reached for comment on Wednesday afternoon, Berg told Variety that it was "categorically untrue that we enabled any unprofessional behavior."

You highlight that the quote continues to diminish Ray's claims but Berg is calling him a liar. You can't really diminish it more than that.

Which is why if other actors come out to cooperate Ray's claims and say there was in fact on-set abuse and that Berg enabled it, it's going to look even worse for Berg now that he put his foot down so firmly.

I really, really hope that other actors comment on this in a firm way. If it's true, letting Ray sit alone in an ocean with the claim would really suck. If it's false, that obviously should be known as well.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's a deflection. Only admitted to the minor greivances to make it seems like the person complaining is going overboard.

That is my take as well. But the other user make it seem like he was just telling a possible example in which he was mad and maybe that's why Ray got the impression of unprofessional behavior or issues on the set, but it is obviously that is not the case.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if it has anything to do with how empowered Ray felt with the creative decisions with Snyder there. And then Whedon comes in and due to a time crunch he is short and rude and not taking creative input from the cast due to time crunch and Ray didn't feel heard, made that clear and Joss got mad at him and kept a grudge.

Unless we know what the actual examples are all we got is speculation

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
I don't mean to pick on you specifically, but I can't understand this kind of post. Why are you defending Joss Whedon? We don't even have specific allegations of the actions involved. It just reads like making excuses.

That is not to say every allegation should be treated as cast iron truth, but it just eems weird to go into bat for him preemptively

I don't even like Whedon, I just think it's somewhat expected for any director in those same circumstances (reshooting a big budget movie ~4 months from release) to be a complete asshole to everyone on set.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wheadon may have done some bad shit, but some fans really have an axe to grind with him, accusing him of things which aren't true.

Seeing his reputation go down the toilet on the internet over the past few years has been strange, when the first Avengers film came out, dude was beloved by so many people.
It's only by a small vocal group that's how it seems like to me. I always see the same posters running to shit on him or post stuff that didn't necessarily end up being the full story or even true. It is happening in this very thread.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's only by a small vocal group that's how it seems like to me. I always see the same posters running to shit on him or post stuff that didn't necessarily end up being the full story or even true. It is happening in this very thread.

I see. You and Bor are talking about vocal minority and axe to grind in DC related thread??

Wow... man some people on ERA really lack self awareness...

OT, good for Ray to speak up. Seems like JL really had a troubled production.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I see. You and Bor are talking about vocal minority and axe to grind in DC related thread??

Wow... man some people on ERA really lack self awareness...

OT, good for Ray to speak up. Seems like JL really had a troubled production.
It's hilarious because some users do the exact same thing about snyder. This will be the only time I mention him in this thread because of that mod warning. Anyways good for Ray if he was abused by Whedon he should be about tell his story. Also I'm a big fan of Whedon's so it's sad to see his career basically come to this with the accusations from his ex and now Ray.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
That Geoff Johns shit should definitely be a thread because it kind of feels like we might be at the tip of the iceberg with that story.

On this story: I wonder what the hell Joss Whedon was thinking. He seems like someone who doesn't deal with stress well (see: Avengers: Age of Ultron) and I can imagine taking over Justice League was a stressful situation, but you don't treat the staff and crew like shit for any reason. Ever.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That stuff about Geoff Johns is real disappointing to find out. I agree that it should get its own thread because we're probably at the tip of the iceberg with it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Joss and J. August are on good terms. They worked together on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. most recently.

if so why would he come back for S.H.I.E.L.D?

Joss isn't involved in the day to day for SHIELD, so he could easily come back knowing he wouldn't see Whedon at all after the pilot. He might need to take the opportunities he gets, no matter how he feels about Whedon.

If so then yikes, Stargirl is airing and I wonder how this might effect the show if more folks come out
Johns would silently be pushed off the project. Johns isn't a stable presence anyway, the minute he has a new toy he moves onto the new toy and leaves the old behind. And you know, Berlanti managed to push away Kreisberg away without too much issues, and that guy was running two shows.

On this story: I wonder what the hell Joss Whedon was thinking. He seems like someone who doesn't deal with stress well (see: Avengers: Age of Ultron) and I can imagine taking over Justice League was a stressful situation, but you don't treat the staff and crew like shit for any reason. Ever.
That stress could at least be an excuse as well for Berg and Johns in regards to Justice League, both got demoted after it failed. They knew that would happen. But that heavily depends on Whedon's actual behavior - just an asshole that tried to get the film finished asap or racism/sexism - and doesn't excuse Johns other behavior.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
You'll have to be specific since Druckman is going all out on a lot of people. All I've seen her do is accuse of him of name searching himself.

here. Closed thread, but a good overview. The model for one of the characters was getting death threats, Druckmann himself antisemitic threats (which you can see here). See thought that was worth a rant about how others have it worse.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
here. Closed thread, but a good overview. The model for one of the characters was getting death threats, Druckmann himself antisemitic threats (which you can see here). See thought that was worth a rant about how others have it worse.
I'm personally not seeing anything there that negates her opinions on Whedon.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
the Johns stuff is a big yikes if it's true

That Gita account has me blocked on Twitter. I did a search and can't even find a tweet I made where I @ the account.

The hell?

pretty sure people use block lists so if you are following someone she's blocked you in turn get blocked too, might be wrong but i think that's how it works

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I tried searching, but did Fisher make a specific allegation? Being this vague when going public and letting people's imaginations run wild with what "abusive" means to them is really shitty. He basically dropped a Tweet then refused to elaborate when contacted by the press.

There is a massive difference between "I heard he is demeaning and cheats on his wife" and "this man is a sex predator" to me.

Eighthours

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I assume that Whedon was stressed beyond belief having taken this job which turned out to be a poisoned chalice. No excuse for poor on-set behaviour, obviously, but I reckon his state of mind will have had something to do with this. I presume we're not talking about any form of physical/sexual assault here?

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I think there's more than enough evidence out there proving Joss Whedon is a trash human being. Referring to himself as a Greek god with women at his feet never ever sat with me. Guy is trash.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's somewhat ironic given the mod post, but according to Kevin Smith, Joss Whedon trash talked Snyder's rough cut, making things uncomfortable on set.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
It's somewhat ironic given the mod post, but according to Kevin Smith, Joss Whedon trash talked Snyder's rough cut, making things uncomfortable on set.

Not like he's the only one trashing Snyder, that's pretty commonplace all around the internet.
I guess he just forgot that it's one thing to talk like that on the comment section of birthmoviesdeath, and a very different thing to do that in to the face of the people who are currently making the actual movie.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
So, some new developments have occurred since the initial tweets and subsequent third-party investigation launched by Warner. Ray made new allegations against Geoff Johns a few weeks ago:

And today, Ray accused the head of DC Films, Walter Hamada, of trying to throw Whedon and Berg under the bus to protect Johns:

Now, Warner has released an official statement denying his claims and says that he is not cooperating the investigation:

In July, Ray Fisher's representatives asked DC Films President Walter Hamada to talk to Mr. Fisher about his concerns during the production of "Justice League." The two had previously spoken when Mr. Hamada asked him to reprise his role as Cyborg in Warner Bros.' upcoming Flash movie, together with other members of the Justice League. In their July conversation, Mr. Fisher recounted disagreements he'd had with the film's creative team regarding his portrayal of Cyborg, and complained that his suggested script revisions were not adopted. Mr. Hamada explained that creative differences are a normal part of the production process, and that a film's writer/director ultimately has to be in charge of these matters. Notably, Mr. Hamada also told Mr. Fisher that he would elevate his concerns to WarnerMedia so they could conduct an investigation. At no time did Mr. Hamada ever "throw anyone under the bus," as Mr. Fisher has falsely claimed, or render any judgments about the "Justice League" production, in which Mr. Hamada had no involvement, since filming occurred before Mr. Hamada was elevated to his current position.

While Mr. Fisher never alleged any actionable misconduct against him, WarnerMedia nonetheless initiated an investigation into the concerns he'd raised about his character's portrayal. Still not satisfied, Mr. Fisher insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent third party investigator. This investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator. Warner Bros. remains committed to accountability and to the well-being of every cast and crew member on each of its productions. It also remains committed to investigating any specific and credible allegation of misconduct, which thus far Mr. Fisher has failed to provide.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Warner Bros. Says Ray Fisher Not Cooperating with ‘Justice League’ Misconduct Investigation

Late Friday night, a Warner Bros. spokesperson released a statement addressing the allegations and subsequent investigation made by Justice League actor Ray Fisher concerning his accusations of "abusive" on set treatment.

Last edited: