• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 13, 2017

Developing story. It's as if everything associated with this movie is tainted in some way.

update:

9/14/20 update:

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This has been brewing for awhile, with support from Snyder and possibly (though I can't find it now) Gadot as well as other insiders. I'm very curious to see what happened specifically.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
So the rumour that WB are recasting Cyborg in the Flash film seem to be true then.

He wouldn't be doing this if he still had a chance of coming back.....right?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the rumour that WB are recasting Cyborg in the Flash film seem to be true then.

He wouldn't be doing this if he still had a chance of coming back.....right?

Eh he might. If they fire him now it'll be definitely a bad look on WB and DC especially in light of BLM. In fact, by doing this he might have secured his role as Cyborg in the future. At least as far as recasting. They could always just not include him in the movies.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User banned (1 month): concern trolling around timing of abuse accusation, prior ban for victim blaming.
I already know this answer but why the hell did it take him all this time to say anything? He could have join Gal when she spoke out.

Despite this current climate.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Johns being a PoS would probably put a bullet in DC creative for quite some time.

Interested to learn more about the nature of these abuses.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
They're not firing a black man for coming forward with corroborated allegations of abuse. The PR would be catastrophic.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
They will fire him for speaking out?

Doubt it, but it's not a great optic. There are some unspoken rules about showbiz and one of them is never talking about how 'the sausage is made' as you don't want to overshadow the project. Some films have awful production histories but while some stories may come out we never hear big 'tell all' exposes from the cast and crew.

This has all the hallmarks of a 'fuck it' rant to me.

We shall see.

I haven't read that rumor. In fact, I've read the opposite. I think it would be a bad look to recast him.

Why? Ray Fisher is a good actor all accounts but what has he done since Justice League or a small part in S3 of True Detective?

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I already know this answer but why the hell did it take him all this time to say anything? He could have join Gal when she spoke out.

Despite this current climate.

my guess is because he is just starting out really and he didnt want to burn any bridges, but looking at his IMDB page he doesnt have much going on now sadly so why not say something.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow very brave of him. His career is prob fucked

To be fair, and I wonder if this gave him more ammo to say something, I'm not sure his career was really growing all that much in the first place unfortunately. I do hope he gets some good work, he's a sweet genuinely decent guy.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Ezra choked out a fan and looks like he kept his job. Be really weird for this to get Cyborg recast.

I'm not saying that THIS gets him recast. Rather than maybe, for whatever reason, he and Warners couldn't come to a deal and now he's letting out his frustrations.

Weird to call out former WB exec Jon Berg too. I know that he was head of DC Films for a time but he's had a little bit of fall from grace since then. He's actually back with Greg Silverman (head of production and development at WB during the BvS and JL run) at his new production company.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if they'll fire him, but I wouldn't count on a solo Cyborg movie happening anytime soon.

What is Whedon alleged to have done during the Justice League reshoots?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Makes me wonder if Avengers had the same issues but also I get the feeling the Synder Cut heads will use this as ammo for SEE IT WAS BAD.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I'm not saying that THIS gets him recast. Rather than maybe, for whatever reason, he and Warners couldn't come to a deal and now he's letting out his frustrations.

Weird to call out former WB exec Jon Berg too. I know that he was head of DC Films for a time but he's had a little bit of fall from grace since then. He's actually back with Greg Silverman (head of production and development at WB during the BvS and JL run) at his new production company.
Those two guys were the ones who replaced Snyder, so there may also be an element of Ray seeking revenge. Joss is scummy though, although I don't actually know what it was he did in regards to JL, I wouldn't doubt he probably harassed the female cast.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Whedon's responsible for a lot of shit I loved as a teenager, but this has been a long time coming. He treated Charisma Carpenter like shit, he sleeps with his female cast and gets into wholly inappropriate relationships with them, and he treated his wife like garbage. He's not the good dude he pretends to be.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He tweeted this two days ago.

People assumed it was just about hyping the snyder cut

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Bruh look at his and Momoa's face when he's saying it.
When he said Whedon was the right guy for the job in that video he looked like he wanted to burst into tears.
Did you watch that video? You could literally see Ray and Momoa dying on the inside based on their facial expression as he was saying it.

You're not wrong but...ya remember pretty much every Justice League interview went the same way? Ben Affleck just looking at his shoes waiting for the horrible press tour to end so the movie could get bad reviews and everyone moved on?

So you're all correct but it's kinda what I came to expect.

OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
Whedon's responsible for a lot of shit I loved as a teenager, but this has been a long time coming. He treated Charisma Carpenter like shit, he sleeps with his female cast and gets into wholly inappropriate relationships with them, and he treated his wife like garbage. He's not the good dude he pretends to be.
I think every time there's been an accusation, Buffy's impact on feminism absolves him of any blame.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Those two guys were the ones who replaced Snyder, so there may also be an element of Ray seeking revenge. Joss is scummy though, although I don't actually know what it was he did in regards to JL, I wouldn't doubt he probably harassed the female cast.

I'd pump the breaks for the accusations for the moment given that Ray hasn't given any more details. It was a difficult situation made even harder by the rush to meet the release date.

Back when I did a massive post about the Justice League in the DCU OT thread I had spoken to someone who said that WB had never had such a big film "where everything that could go wrong did go wrong".

For example, when they did the red carpet at the premiere neither of the 'directors' where there (Whedon for his own scandal that broke) and neither was Affleck owing to the then brewing Weinstein scandal.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the rumors about how he treated Gal like shit are true?

OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
A rumor, apparently, is that Gal and Joss got into it when she refused to do the boob joke as Wonder Woman. Joss then made her stunt double do it. Her stunt double came out in praise of Ray's post retracting his comments about Joss.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
You're not wrong but...ya remember pretty much every Justice League interview went the same way? Ben Affleck just looking at his shoes waiting for the horrible press tour to end so the movie could get bad reviews and everyone moved on?

Eh, I wouldn't necessarily interpret that (at least at the time) as meaning there were abusive director problems. It was a really troubled production that resulted in two completely different films being sandwiched together by different filmmakers, and the actors were being asked to put in a ton of new reshoots at the last minute when their own personal circumstances (eg Affleck's alcoholism, Gadot's pregnancy) made things even more difficult. And this was all following on the very maligned BvS and trying to reassure people that even if you didn't like that the movie, they'd course corrected for this one. It's trying to have to put on a happy face for all that. Of course if Whedon was really abusive on set, then that adds a whole new layer to it also, but even without that it was probably a tough and exhausting process to keep up appearances.

Last edited:

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil

Your Affleck example doesn't really proves your point of every interview being like that since Affleck was going through a terrible time with a divorce (iirc) and alcohol problems.

So Fisher's reaction and statements now really come as a surprise.

but also I get the feeling the Synder Cut heads will use this as ammo for SEE IT WAS BAD

I can't think of anything that's less relevant to this situation than your comment.
Oh no, not the Snyder Cut heads!