• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

(This is from August but it was never brought up so I'll make awareness of it now)

"RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a talented and passionate Community Manager to join our high-caliber team. The Community Manager will be instrumental in forging an even deeper relationship with our global community of players, as well as the day-to-day publication of social content across a multitude of communications platforms."

This is Raven's first time ever having a community manager. This could hint that the studio may become a lead developer on an upcoming project in the Call of Duty franchise. Raven was originally one of the devs for COD 2020 but they were taken off of the project and now Treyarch is making Black Ops 5 for 2020. Raven will be a support studio and supposedly Raven is also developing Battle Royale for Modern Warfare.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
It'd be nice if one day not every Activision studio made the same game. Good for them though if they got more autonomy to make their own entry at least.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
So Raven is displacing Sledgehammer in the COD 3 year cycle. Makes sense

Oct 25, 2017
They were supposed to be leads on COD 2020 but Treyarch got called in by Activision.

They are also supposedly the full developers of MW's BR mode.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Singularity 2 lets go

A dream that will never happen...literally, Singularity ain't no Shenmue, FF7 Remake, Crash or other numerous franchises that have a dedicated following that won't shut up on twitter, facebook etc.

But damn if I want it to happen...Singularity 2 a surprise that even Raven themselves would be shocked by.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah I'd imagine Raven's gonna be sitting on this as a seperate title entirely done by them
Yeah, and if Activision plays it smart the BR game gets a big update themed after the most recent release every October/November. A huge Black Ops themed update with a Cold War map, characters from the game, weapons from the game etc. would be awesome.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
It'd be nice if one day not every Activision studio made the same game. Good for them though if they got more autonomy to make their own entry at least.
Priorities and cost of opportunity. :)

COD sells so well every single year, it is in their best interest to keep making more. A studio supporting a COD game is likely far more valuable than working on something on their own.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the next COD game, Raven. Shame that it will almost be a pale shadow when compared to your previous work.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Yeah, and if Activision plays it smart the BR game gets a big update themed after the most recent release every October/November. A huge Black Ops themed update with a Cold War map, characters from the game, weapons from the game etc. would be awesome.
They did try this with black ops 4, but i think a seperate title with yearly massive updates for each game would be huge.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
A dream that will never happen...literally, Singularity ain't no Shenmue, FF7 Remake, Crash or other numerous franchises that have a dedicated following that won't shut up on twitter, facebook etc.

But damn if I want it to happen...Singularity 2 a surprise that even Raven themselves would be shocked by.

I mean, we did get Rage 2 this year.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I'm honestly surprised Raven hasn't become a COD lead given their background. Then again they are probably gratefull they didn't have to deal with the stress of the COD Dev leads.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Priorities and cost of opportunity. :)

COD sells so well every single year, it is in their best interest to keep making more. A studio supporting a COD game is likely far more valuable than working on something on their own.

A developer at DICE talking about COD? Nice.

Does everyone at DICE and EA actually consider COD competition?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I hope it is for a new IP and not another COD game
46938216-14606914786419375_origin.jpg

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Probably for mw br. Wish they would do something new in another ip or new ip entirely like singularity. Then again, by this point most of that team has probably already moved onto other studios and such so 🤷‍♂️