• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

So, max recently posted this and it's a pretty great showcase, there are some really fun ones in there... but im gonna say this... way less interactivity between characters. There is some, but a lot of them are solo and a couple well... aren't really all that creative or "Frienship" like at all.

But this was extra free content, so it is appreciated... but if you haven't seen them yet, here ya go!

Any particular favorites?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Spawn is one of my favorites.
friendship-spawn-1590096156.jpg

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I liked a lot of them- though disappointed in Johnny's. Like it's a cool reference but beyond that it's kind of meh.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, these were odd to me as Friendships since pretty much none of them interact with the other character at all. I guess they had the concept for some goofy finishes and didn't have a name for it, so they just reused Friendship.

But to me the best is Noob by a country mile. I mean, there's good ones like Jax and Kitana, but man I still laugh every time I see Noob's

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with Max. Something about seeing MK characters smiling and happy is a really off-putting feeling lol

Oct 25, 2017
As a D'vorah main, her with butterfly wings always makes me burst out laughing.

The fuck you on about?
Jax, Noob, Joker, Spawn, Kitana and Raiden are amazing.

Huh
" Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participants. "

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
" Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participants. "

Yeah I don't see that at all? Fighting game-focused youtuber covers popular fighting game. Do you even watch Max's stuff? Or is this just random accusing?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't see that at all? Fighting game-focused youtuber covers popular fighting game. Do you even watch Max's stuff? Or is this just random accusing?
And how does this fit here? Nevermind, I don't care
This shit costs $40 for 3 characters and a shitty story mode and everyone is just posting relentlessly about how great MK is. Not about Max specifically, but just the general mood towards this release is bizarre to me.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
This shit costs $40 for 3 characters and a shitty story mode and everyone is just posting relentlessly about how great MK is. Not about Max specifically, but just the general mood towards this release is bizarre to me.

"Shitty" is an opinion, a lot of people like it, a lot don't. It doesn't mean the ones that do have an agenda.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I guess I haven't seen much of that. Everywhere I go everyone praises the story mode (which is great) but acknowledges that it's overpriced and RoboCop gameplay is a tad bland. Among other stuff.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"I don't like thing" doesn't mean the people talking about it are fucking astroturfing.

Christ.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure why it's surprising that a great fighting game is getting coverage as it gets a new update. I agree that Aftermath is overpriced for people who own the original release though. I bought the original game and the season pass and can't justify that price for Aftermath

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Even if it were a good story mode, charging forty american dollars for it and 3 characters is ridiculous

Yes, and people have been railing the price since it was announced including many pro players. But talking about how it's good doesn't mean they like the price, just that it's been accepted because you can't do anything about it.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You don't even need to buy the DLC for the Friendships this specific thread is about.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
People who like Mortal Kombat are going to be excited and support a game series they love? Sure, you can argue the value vs the price, but getting story update dlc is unheard of in MK, people seem to like the new additions, new characters, and the other extra content alongside with the new chapters. So, they're excited and want to talk about it.

Not that hard to grasp.

Oct 25, 2017
People who like Mortal Kombat are going to be excited and support a game series they love? Sure, you can argue the value vs the price, but getting story update dlc is unheard of in MK, people seem to like the new additions, new characters, and the other extra content alongside with the new chapters. So, they're excited and want to talk about it.

Not that hard to grasp.
Fair enough, continue as you were, sorry for the disruption.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
sad that almost none had variations ... some of these would be amazing if they had variations like the inflate thing Jacqui beats or the "stick" the robot brings ...

Weird that Cassie Cage had variations (other videos show other "filters" in her selfies ...) and was basically the only one

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
sad that almost none had variations ... some of these would be amazing if they had variations like the inflate thing Jacqui beats or the "stick" the robot brings ...

Weird that Cassie Cage had variations (other videos show other "filters" in her selfies ...) and was basically the only one
Definitely. An obvious candidate is Skarlet with her portrait.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017

Not that hard to grasp.
Right, if they made another one of these DLCs I would buy it day one.

These friendships are really great and I love this game, even though I am awful at it.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I liked a lot of them- though disappointed in Johnny's. Like it's a cool reference but beyond that it's kind of meh.

Johnny not being a Ninja Mime reference is my biggest dissapointment, specially considering how he has one of the best fatalities in the game because it is almost a friendship

This thread is about a completely free update to the vanilla game