• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I rate Microsoft E3 presentation with score

• Below 5

Votes: 188 17.4%

Votes: 331 30.6%

Votes: 270 24.9%

Votes: 193 17.8%

Votes: 74 6.8%

Votes: 27 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
7 from me. No halo gameplay. Banjo kazooie that would bring some color/variety between the other exclusives and lack of fable drop a point each.

JuiceMan_V

Banned
Apr 17, 2019
I gave them an 8 because this conference wasn't just multiplats that was coming to everything besides XBOX.

It was decently balanced.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty underwhelming considering all the hype leading up to it, nothing really surprising. So much CGI, what's the point of CGI trailers anymore?

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
A typical Xbox conference. Lots of 3rd party games, few surprises on the first party front, lots of chest beating over hardware specs and a genuine surprise or two (PSO2 & Double Fine).
It was fine. 7/10

May 17, 2018
Didn't time it, but, I think they spent more time on their fucking subscription service than some of their first party games.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That was fucking bad.

Sure, Game Pass is awesome and I'm glad all these games are launching on it but that's all they had going for them. All the 'big' announcements were useless without gameplay.

Orchid

Oct 27, 2017
They blew their load way too quickly and barely any gameplay.

Kinda disappointing all in all

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
The hyper far outstripped the delivery. Not that it wasn't solid - good pacing, plenty of games.

But where were the megatons? Where were the gameplay demos? CGI/In-game trailers for Halo and Gears was highly disappointing. Too few details on Scarlett (HW raytracing is big, though).

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
I'd let it rest somewhere between a 7 and an 8, but i went with 7 for the poll. Tales, Eldan Ring, and Halo were super exciting(along with the talk of scarlet), but there was hardly any gameplay footage for the games i cared about, and too much of it felt like white noise.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
8/10 - or maybe 7/10
Thought it was fine. Leaning too heavily into CGI trailers. All the leaks probably took some excitement out of it.
But plenty of games, something for pretty much everyone. Game Pass seems like pretty good value.
Surprised me that New Xbox is not out until late 2020, kinda thought it would be mid-2020, but I havent followed rumors at all, so maybe this was expected.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
6 - new gears new forza new halo

Same old setup again

Yeah we had japan section but meh...S-E's conference is coming to give us all the japan hype. Star Ocean is coming to PS4

Phantasy Star Online 2 is honestly the biggest surprise lol.

Keanu was an awesome moment...at that point it was a 8/10 conference but then downhill

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
6/10 Keanus. No Gears 5 gameplay, probably because it's going to look very similar to Gears 4. Will definitely play that and The Outer Worlds on Game Pass this fall.

gradam01

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nebraska
7/10. It was good, but I felt like this was the year that the should have knocked it out of the park and didn't. Like last year the stuff I found really interesting isn't exclusive. That said if PC game pass gets enough stuff I'll sign up.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
8 from me. Excellent first half that started to hit a lull with Gears and never really recovered. Was never bad though outside the Gears stuff. Halo gameplay could have made it 9 + Banjo in smash for 10

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Holy Cow, Microsoft absolutely crushed Sony this year if you compare their conferences.

Age of Empires II was there.. 6.5/10

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A. 6 for me, takes and elden ring were the only things that interested me. But i'm Not surprised, MS tends not to speak to my particular tastes

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Haven't watched the show but looks like Cyberpunk launch date was the only interesting announcement imo.

6/10

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Keanu was honestly the saving grace for me.

A lot of CG trailers, or not direct gameplay footage, and the actual console talk was pretty much everything Sony announced before for the PS5. No real heavy hitters like expected, and I feel like they had a 'one more thing' planned with the time left, but it didn't pan out.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I give it a 9, really good presser!

Congrats MS, you made me feel excited about Xbox and I haven't cared about you guys in...about 10 years???

Phantasy Star 2 was the high point for me, that will make me buy an Xbox now (if it is exclusive), the fact that it's a 7 year old game isn't a demerit to the rest of the press conference. I just love PSO that much! So thanks for finally making it possible for me to play it! I guess Phil really is a nice guy! ;-)

Xbox Game Pass is looking really impressive, if Sony is not careful when they finally get serious with PS Now it will be too late!

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
If you were to tell me the most interesting games would be Blair Witch and Flight Simulator yesterday. I'd have been extremely confused.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd agree on the 6/10 OP. Some nice looking games but not much reason to be excited about Xbox one yet again.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
6/10. I wanna have a word with whoever decided to show Gears Pop instead of 5.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bleeding Edge
Cyberpunk
Borderlands 3
Gears 5
Blair Witch
12 Minutes
Halo
Dying Light
Elden Ring
DBZ

Out of all the games they showed those are the ones I have an interest in. 5 of which were already announced over a year ago and didn't show any gameplay demos. Especially Gears which has a beta next month lol.

Slightly disappointed because most of the games were CG.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda shocked they didnt go all out on a Sony-off year. Felt like repeat of last year. Leaks ruined some of the surprises. Lego Car reveal ftw. Keanu saved it.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
It felt like a 9 to me, lots of stuff to like, and the pace kept up.

People saying "Below 5" are out of their minds.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved everything that was shown. But the execution was bad.

And there was no gameplay at all for anything wtf

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Could've been higher, but the overreliance on cinematic trailers really dampen it.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I give it a 9, really good presser!

Congrats MS, you made me feel excited about Xbox and I haven't cared about you guys in...about 10 years???

Phantasy Star 2 was the high point for me, that will make me buy an Xbox now (if it is exclusive), the fact that it's a 7 year old game isn't a demerit to the rest of the press conference. I just love PSO that much! So thanks for finally making it possible for me to play it!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
7. Had some really good announcements that were unfortunately leaked. Ori looked incredible. The AAA MS titles still have no gameplay. I still don't understand how fans are okay with MS essentially taking the generation off to stock up games for future consoles.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I liked everything I saw this year. PSO2 and Cross Fire X were holy shit moments.

It needed Halo Infinite gameplay but I guess it's too soon.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
absolutely boring
some highlights (f.e. tales of arise) but nothing interesting in terms of gameplay
how about quality over quantity for next time, microsoft?

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017

Good overall, but no gameplay for a lot of 2020 titles was a letdown. But I also didn't expect much, to be honest. This E3 is going to be very "meh" overall and next year will be really good.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Lack of gameplay was a big letdown especially from 1st pay games that are meant to be coming as soon as September.

Status
Not open for further replies.