• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Tbh I think I'll just wait until it's normal price (£40). No rush for extortion next gen pricing.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
It's great it has a firm date now. I never played the originals, but I did play and platinum the PS4 reboot, and loved it. I'm excited for this. I'm sure it'll be great, but don't pre-order games.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
I'm moving right around this time, hopefully I'll be settled in because this has to be my most anticipated game right now.

Jan 20, 2019
From reading this thread I did not realize how cheap games were in the UK. Price jump with PS5 is as bad where I live. It's not 10 currenty equivalent but rather around 1/3 of the price of previous gen.

Both UK and USA had the same prices while all the other countrys so increases during the entire gen, that is why you never saw anybody complain.

The only problem is that they saw the need to increase in all other countrys as well instead of just increasing on the US and UK.

Last edited:

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping for an April release date. Still not too far.

I hope they include the colosseum this time.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The only game I plan on getting at day 1 after the price increase in Europe. Bought a PS5 for this, and still considering to wait for a price drop.

Oh they reduced the loading from the roof scene a lot!
Can't wait to play!
I was honestly surprised they showed that in the trailer, I found it rather jarring. It feels like it's jumping a few frames. I get that it won't matter much during gameplay, but why put that in such a short trailer.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
One of my most anticipated games since the previous one launched.

I will probably not get it on launch (due to price and maybe I'll look into getting it used), but I'm extremely excited for it.

June is also a great date, personally speaking.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Cool. I wasn't the biggest fan of RC PS4, but this seems like an easy preorder for my ki....

€ 75

tenor.gif

For a second there I forgot that this generation I'm not going to buy Sony games the first six months, and certainly not preorder ever.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Nah. This is a full length Ratchet game, so if it's anything like the old titles this will be 20plus hours.

I had to double check because i don't remember any R&C game lasting 20+ hours.
Maybe if you take your time and do everything, but as far as the main story goes, they are not 20+ hours games.

9qMaNjV.png

t7IzFOf.png

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's so sad that awful PS5 game prices make threads full of posts about these things, from Returnal to R&C and... :(

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017
Might not buy at release due to the new gen's pricing, but will absolutely get it at some point. Haven't missed a Ratchet & Clank game since Tools of Destruction. I even have Size Matters for the PSP! All 4 One wasn't really a R&C game, so let's ignore that one.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This game is a full length AAA new release, no different then the new SpiderMan or GoWR and Horizon coming out later this year.

If one is saddened in general for all game price hikes then that is understandable but comparing this game to the movie remake that had less budget put into it and had less development time is silly.

As if the amount of time, money and dev numbers for each game was the same when it clearly isn't. For those single out this game when not complaining about other AAA prices saying this is somehow inferior you need to know that a AAA game isn't about its rating or its art style it is about its development.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This game is a full length AAA new release, no different then the new SpiderMan or GoWR and Horizon coming out later this year.

If one is saddened in general for all game price hikes then that is understandable but comparing this game to the movie remake that had less budget put into it and had less development time is silly.

As if the amount of time, money and dev numbers for each game was the same when it clearly isn't. For those single out this game when not complaining about other AAA prices saying this is somehow inferior you need to know that a AAA game isn't about its rating or its art style it is about its development.
The question is how many hours is it, it's hard to justify $70 for the traditional length of a R&C game.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Might not buy at release due to the new gen's pricing, but will absolutely get it at some point. Haven't missed a Ratchet & Clank game since Tools of Destruction. I even have Size Matters for the PSP! All 4 One wasn't really a R&C game, so let's ignore that one.

Even the mobile Ratchet & Clank?
:P
I get what you mean though.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So excited for this game! Ratchet and Clank is one of my favorite series, and this one looks fantastic.

I wonder if the new Lombax's name is Rose or Rosie?

June is a good release window. There's so much coming out from now until the end of May, that June is perfect. As if my backlog isn't gigantic enough, but hopefully I can clear a few more titles out before it releases!

Oct 27, 2017
C'mon, the conversion Sony made for non-US markets is crazy.

In Brazil it costs R$350, for comparison TLOU II was R$250,00.
Yea the price hike for Playstation 5 games Brazil is simply insane. It's like Sony is actively trying to sabotage their market here considering their competition(XB and PC) are offering way better deals. For context, R$350 is literally a third of the minimum wage. I managed to buy FF7R steelbook edition at launch for half that price less than a year ago. It's like they are punishing the early adopters.

I know things are complicated in the country, but doubling the prices compared to PS4 games is not the answer. I managed to sell my Pro to buy the new console but I'm taking my time to clean my massive backlog since there's no way I'm buying games at that price now. For comparison last gen I bought over 20 games day 1. And I know I'm not the only one doing this. They wanted to raise profits per unit sold but imo they are losing money and sales.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Well we don't know but for example if it is the same length as GoWR or Miles Morales and both are the same price then why single out R&C?

Because it is cartoony? Budget and development is everything.
Miles was priced at $50.00, $20 less than ratchet for example.

I'm hoping this means ratchet campaign is at least 15-20 hours.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
I had to double check because i don't remember any R&C game lasting 20+ hours.
Maybe if you take your time and do everything, but as far as the main story goes, they are not 20+ hours games.

9qMaNjV.png

t7IzFOf.png

Nobody plays through a Ratchet game just once. You won't even be close to fully upgrading your guns at that point.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
No Ratchet game has been 20+ hours.

If you include getting all of the collectibles and completing all of the side content, sure. For the main story though? Definitely not.

Yeah these games are varied and the right amount of length. But I also find myself a little slower than the average times and I like to do the side stuff so that makes sense.

15 hours is great and it's pretty easy to get sucked into the side stuff. (Plus it's got a photo mode so that's another 10 hours lol jk kind of)

Traditional Ratchet game length is kinda perfect. If ppl think only 30hr games are worthy than that's where we disagree. Ratchet games are quality and that's more important.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
R&C games (the proper ones) are just the right length and I wouldn't want it to be artificially longer to meet some benchmark.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
I'm pretty sure this will be the most ambitious Ratchet & Clank to date. You just have to look the way Sony is treating its marketing to realize that it is an important game for them. So, I expect the game to surpass 15 hours without the extras.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. I wasn't the biggest fan of RC PS4, but this seems like an easy preorder for my ki....

€ 75

tenor.gif

For a second there I forgot that this generation I'm not going to buy Sony games the first six months, and certainly not preorder ever.
80e normal 90e deluxe in France. This is insanity. I will use my foreign account as usual this is too much.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
So excited! Just waiting for EB Games to put their listing up. I can't wait to experience a next gen Ratchet game.