• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
This is a full-length AAA adventure, the one on PS4 was a tiny remake of a PS2 game lmao

And then people asks why we're never getting a new Jak o Sly Cooper, imagine ND or SP working for 4 years on an AAA game just to see people shitting on the full-price or not supporting the game because the want to pay it half the price for no reason at all. Jesus

Ladies and gentlemen - proof that there's literally a defence force for anything. Even a defence force for when corporations raise the price of software by £20 even though they were already raking it in beforehand.

And the PS4 game wasn't a tiny remake. As I already stated, it was about the same length as A Crack in Time, which was about as full-fledged a R&C game as you could get. Funny thing is, you're using "it's a remake" as the reason R&C was so much cheaper. By that logic, Demon's Souls on PS5 should be a budget title too, right? Nope, that launched in the UK at £70 also.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
June is perfect for me, as I have a lot in my backlog i'm trying to clear out.

This is probably the game i'm looking forward to the most at the moment, I just love this series, and even marathoned them last summer.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
That Japanese logo is hot.

Et7l3HPUUAEysrJ.jpg
Is there a version of this with the English logo at 4K?

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I really hope that Sony reconsider their pricing strategy or at least tailor it to each market

Imagine a kid asking his Mum to buy Ratchet and Clank, she looks up the price and just laughs

"You better finish this within 2 weeks so we can return it to Amazon"

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Nice, not getting it on release but looking forward to picking it up when I get a ps5 later this year hopefully.
(Though no way I'll buy a game for the equivalent of 95 dollars, hopefully it drops a bit before it)

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Game will be great, the hype of the PS5 is insane.

Game will do fine at $70, a new AAA release from Sony since launch and the release of Returnal, heading towards the Christmas season, hype will be high.

I assume GT7 and Horizon II will release later, around Fall. If GoW Ragnarok makes it to 2021, that would be a big holiday game.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
I won't be picking up a PS5 for a few years (when a revision hopefully comes out), but this is one of the games I am very interested in. Very happy for you guys with current gen systems that get to enjoy it this year!

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
So pumped, day 1 purchase for me. Been a huge fan since 2002 and I've been waiting over 10 years for a full-length new entry. A Crack in Time is one of the very best games made on PS3.

For everyone complaining about pricing - I get it, the $10 price jump sucks. But how often do you really buy games Day 1 anyway? I know I usually only buy 1-3 games at launch price each year. It's not like these are Nintendo games that never go on sale, it'll be $30-$40 by Black Friday. I didn't even have to wait 6 months to get Ghost of Tsushima for $40, for example. Just let go of the FOMO and buy more games on discounts.

The Carbonox armor returns oh boy.

So hyped!
Lol, username checks out. Carbonox armor had always been my favorite too.

correct, but if you buy standard, we'll have an option on in-game menu to upgrade to deluxe if you want the armors etc
Awesome, thank you for confirming this! I'll be picking up a physical copy day 1 and upgrading to the Deluxe.

Thanks to you and the team for keeping this series alive after all these years, it's always been really important to me!

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen - proof that there's literally a defence force for anything. Even a defence force for when corporations raise the price of software by £20 even though they were already raking it in beforehand.

And the PS4 game wasn't a tiny remake. As I already stated, it was about the same length as A Crack in Time, which was about as full-fledged a R&C game as you could get. Funny thing is, you're using "it's a remake" as the reason R&C was so much cheaper. By that logic, Demon's Souls on PS5 should be a budget title too, right? Nope, that launched in the UK at £70 also.
I'm not talking about the price hike of next-gen games (which sucks btw), but the fact that people wants this to cost half the price of any other AAA game for no reason. This is a full fledged AAA adventure, the full price is right. R&C 2016 was 40€ because it was a budget game, not an AAA, you can't compare it to a Rift Part because they have totally different production values

NotSoren

Jul 15, 2020
Might be one of the few PS5 games besides horizon 2, Spider-Man 2 and GOW 2 I am willing to get at launch for 79,99 . Loved the PS4 one.

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
For those in the UK, thegamecollection have consistently offered PS5 titles for £5-8 under RRP

Ratchet is £62.95 which still stings like hell but cheaper if you wanted it

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
That's a big ass launch window ;)

Knew it was getting delayed till the summer.

Wonder if PS5s will be available by then.

LDNStateOfMind

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Day 1! of the first price drop.

For those in the UK, thegamecollection have consistently offered PS5 titles for £5-8 under RRP

Ratchet is £62.95 which still stings like hell but cheaper if you wanted it

Yeah digitally you can get cards on shopto/cdnow that will give you the same discount give or take but still Sony will see on the store I'm paying £70. I don't want to justify that price to them.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Man this is the game I was most excited for and waiting on! But lmao still not paying $70, thought it would be $40-50 or I guess $60 in this case based on the other game from 2016.

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
Day 1! of the first price drop.

Yeah digitally you can get cards on shopto/cdnow that will give you the same discount give or take but still Sony will see on the store I'm paying £70. I don't want to justify that price to them.
Too much, they're royally screwing us over here in the UK

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I really can't get over the price increase in Europe. I've accepted the $70 bucks here in the US, but anything more than that would have made me pretty bitter.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Cool.

Can't wait to play this next year when PS5s are more readily available.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
June 11th is great! Anniversary of the PS5 reveal from last year. And the game looks AMAZING.
Insomniac is an incredible team!

I expected this to launch in May or April but now June. This is fine. Now I am worried about HFW and GOWR that they won't make it into 2021.

My friend, GoW was never going to be this year lol.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Really excited for this game and it looks great, but this is going to be the first victim of the $70 making me not buy at launch.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll keep female lombax story and gameplay secret until we get the game in our hands. Would be awesome if they kept that under wraps actually.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Not having a PS5 has now begun to harm me physically.

I want to play this so bad. :(

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017
This is the game that's making me regret selling my PS5.

If stocks better near release I think I'm going to buy another.....

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
From reading this thread I did not realize how cheap games were in the UK. Price jump with PS5 is as bad where I live. It's not 10 currenty equivalent but rather around 1/3 of the price of previous gen.