• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the Dimensionator a helmet last time? Why is it a gun now?

Also, is this a sequel to the movie, or the Future series? I can't remember.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
LAUNCH WINDOW!!

I can't wait holy shit.

Insomniac's out there saving 2020 / early 2021.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Looks amazing. Man, it's been such a long time since I got to play a proper, new R&C game. Can't wait.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
This is fucking insane looking
smbDxRW.jpg

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Looks like it is based on a newer build.

Personal opinion:

I know Insomniac are pushing what the engine can do but I feel that at times there are too many objects and particles on screen.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck, the 4K version even on YouTube looks insane! Way better than the Twitch stream.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
This looks so good!

Also no loading screens in the entire game is great news for what they are going for gameplay wise.

Steo

Sep 28, 2018
Dublin, Ireland.
Visually it looks beautiful.

Regarding the praise of the SSD.. most of the time it seems you'e only jumping across the same map. Not even large sections of it.

The scripted sequences which look impressive but are basically masking load time of the next section. I'm open to correction but that's what it looked like to me.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Launch window.

I'm gonna have to cop a PS5 sooner rather than later. My launch PS4 is on its last legs anyway.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
They way they said "Launch Window" basically sounded like: "It is a launch title, but we can't really say the date because Sony has to say the date"

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
This looks so awesome. Even with the hidden load times when switching worlds it's still hugely impressive how quickly it can load those very diverse environments.

spicynun

Jul 19, 2020
Does anyone else think that city dimension with the floating vehicles looks just like Haven City in Jak II?

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Looks so fun, so much stuff happening on screen, the new dash is great, I need this game asap.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
They way they said "Launch Window" basically sounded like: "It is a launch title, but we can't really say the date because Sony has to say the date"

Sounds like a Q1 2021 title to me.

You gotta remember that Insomniac has another game coming for launch and also that there are potentially two other platformers releasing for launch.