• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Ratchet and Clank find themselves at odds with their archnemesis, Dr. Nefarious. Only this time, he's equipped with the dangerous Dimensionator, a device with the power to travel to other dimensions. The duo fights their way through an army of hired Goons in Megalopolis until something happens and they are ripped apart. Where are they now?

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
That was terrific. Same level shown before but completely unedited. Most next gen thing shown so far in my opinion. Awesome stuff.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
That demo was honestly long in the tooth. We get it. And their SSD sales pitch, it's obnoxious by now.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, that was so good. I missed Ratchet and Clank so much, I want to play it now.

Edit: the 4K footage is just on another level

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
This at 4K
NTFmL7T.gif

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
The ray traced reflections look so low resolution compared to PC titles and less accurate.

Still, those Rift jumps blow my mind.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The R&C remake was the first time I played a game where I felt legitimately disorientated by all of the particle effects, action and motion blur. It was sensory overload, and this just kinda feels even worse for me so far.

The dimension hopping stuff looks snappy but I want to see more puzzle and exploration with it.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Will watch this again, not sure if the stream quality was playing havoc with it (Destiny 2 looked pretty ugly but that game still looks beautiful normally) but it didn't look as pretty as I expected, close ups of ratchet aside. Especially bits that were in the initial trailer. The world jumping tech is cool though, putting the SSD to good use there. Almost like they must have started with "how can we market the SSD benefits" and went from there.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Easily the best part of the show, looks like they fixed some of the stutter issues when the environments transitions

thomas_cale

May 22, 2020
Im absolutely excited for this game since ratched is awesome, but jumping to 4 on rails sections after one another doesnt really show off the ssd for me

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Crossposting myself from the Gamescom Opening Night thread:

It was great to see the gameplay demo extended but... it doesn't change the fact it was the exact same game demo we got at the PS5 event with slightly more context and on screen button prompts.

Devs just confirmed on stream this is a follow up to Into the Nexus but also playable as a standalone adventure with nods/easter eggs for long time fans.

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Man i really want to be excited but the Remake was such a mediocre disappointment. I am also really sad that the series gave up on 60FPS.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure they will use the orange rifts better than in the demo, but I really don't think the demo shows them off very well. Too short of distances, and the way they kind of awkwardly swivel around after (and enemies seem to wait for them) just makes me wonder why I wouldn't just engage in the normal gameplay mechanics.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
They smoothed the transitions. The game now is even more impressive.
But the action is paused every time you choose a weapon from the wheel. Annoying.
Hopefully, there's a quick switch method.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't really understand what I was looking at. The rifts here were some that bridged dimensions and here that looked like they just pulled you to the other side of the chasm or something.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Looks almost too busy at times. I get its a next gen show piece but I hope they actually tone it down a bit for release. Not everything needs to explode into a thousand pieces lol

Can't wait though, hope its at launch!