• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet & Clank is BACK!

Do we know if that's Armin Shimerman back as Dr. Nefarious?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Man i really want to be excited but the Remake was such a mediocre disappointment. I am also really sad that the series gave up on 60FPS.

well, this is following the old continuity but I get how you feel

to me, the series never evolved much gamepaly wise and once the PS3 games happened and the series dropped the anti-corporateness and edge and made Ratchet and Clank saviors of the universe last of their kind guys, it became duller

fast10furious

Jul 18, 2020
I don't want to see another PR rep or journalist say "next-gen won't look amazing until the end of the generation". No, developers just have to commit to next-gen only and put in the work.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Not a fan of 30fps, but hopefully there's a performance mode. Regardless, the game looks great and it's day one for me whenever it releases.

less

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great showcase of what the ssd will allow for and gameplay looked decent enough too.

Oct 29, 2017
They smoothed the transitions. The game now is even more impressive.
But the action is paused every time you choose a weapon from the wheel. Annoying.
Hopefully, there's a quick switch method.

In the PS4 game at least, you have the option to assign your favorite weapons to the d-pad, so you can switch weapons without bringing up the wheel every time.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
mostly the same as the June demo, but looks tidied up - the load times between purple zones seem faster and smoother, and I don't remember one of those weapons being seen before - the one like a shotgun that was absolutely smashing the enemies.

curious on the timing - I guess Q1 2021 but its interesting they seem to be happier to show gameplay of this but not much more of any of the other games yet..

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those were certainly not loading tunnels.
Jokes aside, it looked pretty good.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I love Ratchet and Clank so damn much. This is a no brainer day one purchase when it launches. I'd still love to be able to play the Future series games on the PS5. A Crack in Time is one of the best titles in the series along with Up Your Arsenal. If Rift Apart can reach the levels of those two. It's already looking fantastic, so I'm not too concerned, to be honest.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I love me some Ratchet and Clank, but mechanically the game looks exactly like every ratchet and clank but with level bouncing....

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
The level of the environmental destruction is what really impressed me. Easily the most impressive next gen gameplay shown so far for me.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Looks amazing, hoping to be able to do 60fps even if it means lowering res. The game would be perfect for it. A bit bummed it is launch window, although I anticipated that being the case.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Cool to see they fixed the transitions. I was specifically looking for those birds popping in and it seems a lot better.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Really nice nextgen showcase. The gameworld is so full of NPCs, enemies, particles, destructible environments and total carnage all around the player. :D

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing I didn't like, though, is that it kind of misses the mark of why people dislike forced slow walking to hide loading. The issue is the lack of control, not the fact that we're traversing a small distance over a long period of time. Holding forward to freefall / ride rails for 10 seconds while going through a million different looking places before we get back to regular gameplay isn't that much better than holding forward to slowly walk for 10 seconds while going through a tight gap.

I wish the fast loading was seen as an opportunity to remove the annoying shit, not to make it prettier.

I suppose it is normal for launch window games to use the new features in a gimmicky way, though. Much like how Tools of Destruction had the sixaxis stuff, and it was still a great game.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I have a strong feeling that this is the demo Insomniac wanted to show at the PS5 event but covid made them show a cut-up and older version instead.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If there was any doubt, this game definitely takes place after Into the Nexus given how Clank mentioned that Dr. Nefarious hasn't been seen in years (I.E. All 4 One).

Gol

Nov 4, 2017
Seems more like Ratchet 2016 than I would like. Graphic of course looked great, but Nefarious again? Rachet and clank's mundane chatter again? Blaster, bomb glove and shotgun again.

The dimension stuff just looks like a cutscene. This is one of my fav ps franchises but I can't muster any enthusiasm. Any other fans feel the same or am I numb?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
If there was any doubt, this game definitely takes place after Into the Nexus given how Clank mentioned that Dr. Nefarious hasn't been seen in years (I.E. All 4 One).

Yeah they confirmed in the interview that it's direct follow up to Nexus.

I think I'm gonna be subbing to PS Now to replay Nexus right before this comes out. Such a great little game.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Graphically looks amazing. Playing a launch game - Ryse - from this gen on PC at 4k, and this looks as expected, a generation more impressive visually.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I love how bonkers everything look. This is probably an early part of the game, and this is like a tour of all the worlds you'll be visiting later in the game

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
And there's an issue with that?

Yeah I don't want them to change the core gameplay until it doesn't look like Ratchet anymore. I'm much more interested to see how the planets we visit change, & the returning ones from old games. They're gonna be bigger & more detailed than ever.

and I'm interested in seeing what kinda puzzle sets we get in this. I like that they always change it up with the puzzles.

Adum

May 30, 2019
I have a strong feeling that this is the demo Insomniac wanted to show at the PS5 event but covid made them show a cut-up and older version instead.
Yep. I'm really glad they showed the exact same slice of the game both times because we can see how much the game has improved between the two demos. The shooting and dimension hopping (both small yellow and large purple portals) looks noticeably smoother and less janky.