• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Ratchet & Clank Advertising seems to be now be underway which means release date announcement must be imminent right?

Trailer plus release date announcement at the game awards most likely?

Oct 25, 2017
Very likely considering:
1) This will be Sony's next PS5 first-party game to release next year and TGA is the one (and only) big show/event before then.
2) Sony already partnered with Geoff K. for the Gamecom Night live event, which showed extended gameplay for Ratchet.

Oct 27, 2017
I want to believe we get a date soon yes. I'm hoping for February but expecting late March like Infamous in 2014. Looking forward to see if it can top Astro Bot in terms of Dual Sense use

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Those are pretty cool billboards. Be nice to get a release announcement and the timing would be close enough.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Aim for February and then pushed back to late March due to covid is my guess.

probably trailer at gameshow, it's a big audience.
If i was them I would wait until more people get the ps5 and when i say more people i don't mean scalpers

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It is the same ad they put up in Dubai, Riyadh, Amsterdam, London, etc..

Don't put too much thought into it. They also put up ads for Horizon, GT7, and Spiderman: MM.

We at least know though that GT7, Returnal and R&C are Q1 2021 via a recent commercial and Horizon is Q2 2021.

We just don't know what months.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Very likely considering:
1) This will be Sony's next PS5 first-party game to release next year and TGA is the one (and only) big show/event before then.
2) Sony already partnered with Geoff K. for the Gamecom Night live event, which showed extended gameplay for Ratchet.

We don't know that (1) is correct. Ratchet, Returnal, and GT7 are all due in first half of 2021, but Sony hasn't specified an order of release.

I personally think Returnal will be next since it already has a box art. But I could see Ratchet coming first as well.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
Awww, no billboards with Wrench yet? I'll have to keep an eye out for these. I wonder how they set them up to avoid catching the wind?

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
The last game was $40 and apparently the game did really well. I wonder if we get discounted pricing again

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Do billboarda for games usually get put up 3 months in advance? Seems a bit soon to be advertising a game so far out... Unless the game is coming WAY sooner than we thought

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Def coming soon . Lot of insomniac employees refer to it as a launch game.

Oct 27, 2017
My uneducated guess is:
  • Destruction All Stars 2/2
  • Ratchet - March
  • Returnal - April or May
  • GT7 - June or August (minor delay)
  • Ghostwire - Summer
  • Death loop - March
  • Horizon 2 - September
  • GOW2 - Late October
  • FF16 - mid November

Oct 25, 2017
We don't know that (1) is correct. Ratchet, Returnal, and GT7 are all due in first half of 2021, but Sony hasn't specified an order of release.

I personally think Returnal will be next since it already has a box art. But I could see Ratchet coming first as well.

Insomniac called it a "Launch Window" game, which feels to me that it's very close compared to the other two you mentioned. But yeah, we shall see!

(Big fan of your work with Gematsu btw! Thanks for the awesome Jap-games coverage =D)

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I could see Ratchet as a lock, with another Sony game as well, it being one of the three, Gran Turismo 7, Horizon II, or God of War.

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019
Ya don't see why they wouldn't give a date for R&C at the game awards, it's supposed to be pretty soon. Late Jan or Feb would be very nice

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Safe to say it will be out in March. I can't wait to play it.

I say we will get a new trailer next week probably focus on the female Lombax.

Hopefully we get a collectors edition.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Insomniac called it a "Launch Window" game, which feels to me that it's very close compared to the other two you mentioned. But yeah, we shall see!

(Big fan of your work with Gematsu btw! Thanks for the awesome Jap-games coverage =D)

Like I said, I could see definitely see it being the next big game out. My only reason for leaning towards Returnal being first is that the box art / game listing leaked on Amazon Australia alongside Demon's Souls, Sackboy, and Destruction AllStars, which were all launch games (well, before Destruction AllStars was delayed).

And thanks for the kind words! Also, I'm going to assume you didn't mean anything bad by it, but for future reference use "JP" / "JPN" / just write out "Japanese" as the abbreviation you chose is generally considered a slur.

May 19, 2020
tumblr_nbxn1rZIJp1r2amcuo1_1280.jpg

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
They've been on posters on the sides of buses in Sydney for, I think, over a month now. The billboards look awesome.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
gut feeling,

Things that are likely are :

- Ratchet trailer
- Elden Ring trailer
- Half Life
- BOTW2.

other things like FFXVI, BGE2, GTA6, Halo, God of War. I don't see it.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, I could see definitely see it being the next big game out. My only reason for leaning towards Returnal being first is that the box art / game listing leaked on Amazon Australia alongside Demon's Souls, Sackboy, and Destruction AllStars, which were all launch games (well, before Destruction AllStars was delayed).

And thanks for the kind words! Also, I'm going to assume you didn't mean anything bad by it, but for future reference use "JP" / "JPN" / just write out "Japanese" as the abbreviation you chose is generally considered a slur.
hmm maybe Returnal wanted to release at launch but it got delayed before it was announced.

Death Loop was also for Launch but it got delayed I believe until March/April so delays can go really far back in terms of release schedule.

R&C may have had a date and has since not moved from it said date as things are going more smoothly.