• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This remind me, that I've never played through my copy of into the nexus... Better get on that.
The ending definitely hints at what was going to happen.

Dimension leaping and Ratchet finding the lombaxes was all hinted at in into the nexus. It's not that great of a game, but it's a small little tease of what to come. It's wild knowing Ratchet just had a remake for the PS4, the series essentially skipped this generation of games completely in terms of making a sequel to Nexus/Crack in Time.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
This game looked amazing but more importantly it showed off exactly what that cray SSD in the PS5 can do. How fast that jumping through dimensions was is just crazy.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Hard to judge from the stream in the end. Ratched was easier to show with the dimension stuff. Horizon looked great. But Horizon 1 looked great already.
GT7 didnt look very special to me. Weird showing also.
watch the 4k version. It looks unbeliveable at first. Best looking next gen game. And gampeplay wide gts looked so good especailly with those reflections

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
This looks great, I love me some Ratchet and Clank. Hopefully not being tied to a kids movie means the all personality doesn't get focus tested out of the characters this time.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I am hoping for a true successor to A Crack in Time.

Reporting for duty!
My favourite reveal of the show. :)
Don't worry, I thought the same when I saw early Ratchet PS4. I felt like a loon being the only person in a room of 100+ raving about how blood good it looked. This pre-launch, early days. So seeing this new Ratchet gave me similar vibes.
My peeps right here. Fist bump.

Not going to lie I got a little emotional there when they showed it.
Look at every other thread that was posted for every other game, lol. Horizon 2, Spider-Man, Demon's Souls, GT7, etc etc. Sony announced a lot here
Yes they did, I am also slowly making through these threads. But I still thought everyone would be going crazy for this.
So many threads dude hard to post in them all.
Try harder. I want you in all the walls of shame Loudninja. You are my guy.

Oct 30, 2017
FREAKING YESSSSSSS!!!!

This will be so worth the game for not getting any R&C game since 2016.

The shift between dimensions can do wonders for gameplay mechanics.. the amount of ideas this will have arrghhhh soo good just to think about it.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I thought for sure when I said I was most excited for this it would be considered a hot take, very glad to see others agree. It was a damn good showing.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Looks fantastic. Gonna echo others and say it was my favorite reveal of the stream. Looks like it's set after Into the Nexus as well!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read any comments in here yet, but I noticed people saying in the Horizon thread that only that really wowed them. Whaaat?! Ratchet and Clank looked amazing too and it was the only game that directly showed off what the SSD can do with that dimension/world hopping.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
This was by far my favorite thing from the show. Very happy to see they returned to the original storyline. The new character could be a cool twist. I love the rift mechanic. That was a real wow moment for me. Graphics look insane. Can't wait for this. One of my favorite series.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Im so excited about this. I ended up being pretty let down by the PS4 Remake from a story side of things so I'm really hoping they go as all out with the story as they are doing with the gameplay.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Insanely excited for a new full length Ratchet and Clank game. Easily my game if the show.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
god, I remember being ticked that crack in time didn't use it's time gimmick that much but this looks like it's using the space gimmick way more

don't like the writing and non stop talking here...getting flashbacks to the awful 2016 game

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That shit melted my face away my dudes. Holy moly. So happy to see a new full fledged R&C game after 11 years. And it looks absolutely stunning. Game of the show by far for me.
That dimension hopping was also a fantastic showcase for the SSD. THAT is the true power of next gen.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Kinda shocked that this didn't get a release date. You'd think that it would be one of the games that did, given that the trailer is mostly gameplay.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for this, best looking game they showed IMO.

Wish they'd showed more weapons and gadgets. The turret that freezes people with plants was awesome and looked gorgeous.

That tleporter gadget has potential, but in the gameplay it looked like all it did was move you about 10ft away from where you were. Seemed like it would have been just as fast to walk over there, haha.
Also looked a little disorientation, but it's probably better when you're actually playing it and get used to it.

I actually just started replaying the series. I'm on the 3rd game and they've pretty much all held up great (I just wouldn't recommend R&C 1 on Vita, it's input lag is pretty bad).

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
The dimension hoping reminded me of Comic Jumper by Twisted Pixel back on the 360, only we have the technology now for true comic/world jumping thanks to the SSD I/O.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I haven't gotten around to Nexus yet (I keep forgetting there's another game after Crack in Time and never think to look for a copy) so maybe I'm missing something but why do people think it looks like a follow up to that and not R&C 2016?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't gotten around to Nexus yet (I keep forgetting there's another game after Crack in Time and never think to look for a copy) so maybe I'm missing something but why do people think it looks like a follow up to that and not R&C 2016?

Nexus ended with Clank swiping the Dimensionator so he could bring the Lombaxes back.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I'M SO HAPPY!!!

I've been waiting over 10 fucking years for a proper follow-up to A Crack in Time! And this looks incredible, so pumped. My most anticipated game now, easily.

This and Horizon 2 are all I wanted, and I am not disappointed!!

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
That dimension rift changing levels was some good shit. I can't wait! I love me some R&C.

Also, was that the Jak 2 city when they were dimension hopping?

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I just low-key shed a tear upon seeing the trailer. I'm happy

Simulmondo

Jun 8, 2020
Between USA and Europe
Best game for me tonight but...
loading.jpg

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
This and Kena were my personal highlights of the show. This game looks so much fun, love the new "alternate" Ratchet too. Lovely design! ^^

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
SSD getting early work in. Very impressive to see. Looks a lot of fun. Mad that worlds can be just "there" and change so seemlessly on the fly.