• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart gameplay?

happyxckg0.gif

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome. But what about Miles Morales? That's the one we haven't yet seen a gameplay demo for.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. But what about Miles Morales? That's the one we haven't yet seen a gameplay demo for.
its easier to do a gameplay slice for a game that is 9-12 months out. miles morales is probably in super crunch mode right now, so that they can make it a launch game. there is simply no time for putting together a gameplay demonstration.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
kr3xre8pui101.gif

I wonder if Geoff has seen the gameplay demo or if it's live play through.

Ratchet + Spider-man combo for 20/21
PSVR2 game + Spider-man 2 for 22/23

Insomniac is the B.E.S.T.

itfiend

Dec 31, 2019
I was always under the impression that Ratchet was this year, but there's no indication that's true. :( I really hope it is, would make it an easy Day 1 PS5 purchase for me.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing we aren't getting a Miles demo is because they're trying to hit the launch deadline and don't have as much time/resources to make a demo. Since Ratchet is further out, they have some more leeway. Especially since it sounds like the Ratchet demo they're showing on Thursday is the one we've already seen, just a longer version of it.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
It's very possible both will be launch titles.

Burbank studio worked on Spiderman and Miles

North Carolina studio worked on Ratchet 2016 and Rift Apart.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I'm guessing we aren't getting a Miles demo is because they're trying to hit the launch deadline and don't have as much time/resources to make a demo. Since Ratchet is further out, they have some more leeway. Especially since it sounds like the Ratchet demo they're showing on Thursday is the one we've already seen, just a longer version of it.

I also think for R&C it will be gameplay from one of the sections during the reveal.
But for Spider-man must exist some section for playtests, so i don't really understand why it would be a problem to play through such a section on a stream.
Maybe Spider-man is scheduled for the next "big" PS5 showcase.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I also think for R&C it will be gameplay from one of the sections during the reveal.
But for Spider-man must exist some section for playtests, so i don't really understand why it would be a problem to play through such a section on a stream.
Maybe Spider-man is scheduled for the next "big" PS5 showcase.

Its the gameplay from the reveal, just an extended version of it.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yesss, the kind of game I was hoping for would show up! :D
I told people Sony was always on Gamescom and was always late to be confirmed to be on it, lol. This gives me some hope there might be some more Sony games...

So Sony is doing Gamescom?
I'm so confused

Sony was always on Gamescom even when they skipped E3 before that.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
It's just weird that Miles is a launch titles but all the gameplay we're seeing is for Ratchet.
Sony was supposedly planning a show for a while before Covid hit and likely had the Ratchet vertical slice in the can whereas Miles needs to be ready for launch. It's a question of time and priorities, because otherwise you can have a unflattering showcase due to spending more time on a game over a vertical slice (see Halo Infinite).

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
Would be cool if they do something similar like Killzone at GC where the share button was introduced.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
That's nice,more interested in the dev interview than the demo though as I don't really need to see any more of the game....it's Ratchet,I'll be getting it regardless.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have nothing to add other than I'm psyched and just happy a "new Ratchet and Clank gameplay" thread is getting so much attention :)

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
PS5's hyper fast SSD is the star of this coming gen. Watch and see!

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Very cool and one of the best shown games for next gen. I started playing one of the older Ratchet after getting hyped by the new Ratchet and it is a fun franchise.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Obviously you can't spoil the show and I hope you don't. But can you give us a figure on how many trailers and gameplay videos we are getting?

Thanks for your work and I am looking forward to the event and later this year the Game Awards. On that note, any info how you will deal with the TGA show under these covid circumstances?

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Its the same demo/section, but uncut and a lot longer, right?

If yes, i really doubt its a launch title. They would show something else if they were aiming to hype up the game 3 months before launch...

Also, yeah, Insomniacs wont be there for ps5 launch with two aaa games.

Vervain

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hell yes. I'd been wondering if PlayStation would have something in the show despite not being listed as a partner, because it would be a good way to surprise people and they've always worked pretty closely with Keighley in the past.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Obviously you can't spoil the show and I hope you don't. But can you give us a figure on how many trailers and gameplay videos we are getting?

Thanks for your work and I am looking forward to the event and later this year the Game Awards. On that note, any info how you will deal with the TGA show under these covid circumstances?

38 in total from what I've read. Not sure what trailer to gameplay divide is though.