• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
When did twitter became this toxic?
My god, that Insomniac comment section screaming "downgrade"(when it's about the game having a 60fps option) from people with Xbox on their avatars/descriptions is painful.

A lot of people have really become a poison. I don't understand it.

The worst part, I used to let myself get wound up in all that stuff (to a lesser degree) but I was still pretty bad.

Ratchet looks awesome, I don't understand why twitter is like that. It's absolutely horrible.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Not on my 65 inch tv it doesn't. And I sit maybe 8 ft from it.

My hope is that they get at least 1440 out of it. It'll be my first Ratchet and Clank since the OG (hoping to get through my MASSIVE backlog by the time it hits).

It should probably be around that. Roughly halving the resolution should get you around double the framerate as long as you're not bottlenecked elsewhere. Current consoles are bottlenecked by the Jaguar CPUs which I think is why you get things like the X1X Witcher 3 going from native 4K 30fps to 1080p 60fps.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

The worst part, I used to let myself get wound up in all that stuff (to a lesser degree) but I was still pretty bad.

Ratchet looks awesome, I don't understand why twitter is like that. It's absolutely horrible.
Yeah it's bad glad I left there. People are quick to scream downgrade and literally all they changed was lighting etc, and labeled the other game pre-alpha like of course artistic things change.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's bad glad I left there. People are quick to scream downgrade and literally all they changed was lighting etc, and labeled the other game pre-alpha like of course artistic things change.

I remember when some got mad at Digital Foundry when they pointed out that Spider-Man had actually been upgraded rather than downgraded.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Very good news. I missed the 60FPS in the last R&C I played on PS4. It's a game where you have to spin the camera a lot very quickly all the time, so it makes a noticeable difference.

Great. The PS4 one kinda felt like it would be better with 60FPS.
Yeah, it's a hectic game where things are happening very quickly. This new one even more so judging by their yesterday's video.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I remember when some got mad at Digital Foundry when they pointed out that Spider-Man had actually been upgraded rather than downgraded.
Lmao of course, it's ridiculous there are high targets then they usually scale down as they add stuff or even in places improve things. Like the RT in this demo is way better, destruction is better etc.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

I mean...it's obvious why there's been so many agressive comments against Sony games in the last couple weeks but i'll keep it to myself, so i don't get banned, lol.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
not true at all. If the game logic runs and is limited by the CPU (number of AI on screen, background streaming of assets etc) then it will literally be CPU bottle-necked.
The point is everyone screams for joy when 60 FPS is announced but it is meaningless until we know what they are cutting to get there and if they can hit the 60 FPS target consistently.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Performance Mode on Xbox Series X is @ 120fps...
No it isn't. Lol there are 120fps games coming to PS5 as well. It all depends on the game. We keep telling you all this. But you will see third party performance is going to be simply a little higher resolution better RT in certain cases for the XSX. Framerate etc is all subjective.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
It should probably be around that. Roughly halving the resolution should get you around double the framerate as long as you're not bottlenecked elsewhere. Current consoles are bottlenecked by the Jaguar CPUs which I think is why you get things like the X1X Witcher 3 going from native 4K 30fps to 1080p 60fps.
From dynamic 4K @30fps to 1080p with a fluctuating fps: 35fps-60fps. The game is still heavily bottlenecked by the Jaguar.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think there may be a victim complex in this thread

regardless this was theright move by insomniac, glad they did it

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Not trying to be rude here... but why would any given machine struggle with 60FPS? You can hit 60FPS or more on any consumer electronics device by developing according to its capabilities.
hell old consoles could do 60 FPS. All people who think rumors of framerate struggles just show they are talking out of their ass.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Performance Mode on Xbox Series X is @ 120fps...
Do you have any example? We know CoD Cold War and Dirt 5 will support 120 fps mode on both consoles.

And well, there's Halo multiplayer, but it looks like a Remastered Xbox 360 game, not sure it should count.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
this is awesome news and i hope becomes much more of the norm next gen. also, with VRR on the table, we should get the option to unlock framerates

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
that's disappointing lol. surely they could manage 4k 60fps lol

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
While I'd probably play at 4k 30fps, I'm all for having as many options as possible for play. Hopefully more games this upcoming generation give you the choice between 4k/30fps and lower with 60fps.