• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is this one of the best looking games

• Yes

Votes: 250 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 122 32.8%

• Total voters

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Finally playing this for the first time almost 4 and a half years after it came out and it still looks phenomenal. Monster animations are great, textures sharp, great iq(PS5 so pro version) with tons of particles flying everywhere. Really can't believe this game is more than 4 years old.

Still hate how they sucked most of the life out of the characters and turned the franchise into a b tier DreamWorks movie tonally compared to the ps2 games but hey.

Last edited:

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I think it looks fantastic but maybe plays it a bit safe visually. Definitely up there though for it's hardware.

At least the reboot was a 1 off thing so the characters and story from the main games is still intact.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Pixar come to life and Rift Apart seems the pinnacle of what can be done in that style currently, I'm really happy with Insomniac's work with the franchise.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I played this when it first came out without the Pro and a 4K TV. I still thought it looked phenomenal. Definitely need to play through it again.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
for sure, but it sure would benefit from a 4k60 patch now. OG ratchet games games were always 60 which worked great given the amount of chaos and action

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I guess it's pretty good, but it seems a little bland/generic imo

Also, I think there's a little too much random stuff flying across the screen at once

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I only played it on a regular PS4 and I thought it looked great. Plenty of variety too so I never got visually bored.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I feel like I felt that way briefly as I played it initially in 2016, but quickly noticed a lot of the smoke and mirrors. Some parts of the game have lack of detail and there's areas with textures that don't tile properly, etc. It's still a very nice looking game but I always felt its status as one of the BEST looking PS4 games was hyperbolic.

Oct 25, 2017
Still hate how they sucked most of the life out of the characters and turned the franchise into a b tier DreamWorks movie tonally compared to the ps2 games but hey.
My one and only gripe with it, which is a shame since the PS2's original story and character growth is some of my favorite in gaming and would have made for an excellent film if adapted correctly. Ratchet and Clank's conditional, then adversarial, then finally heroic-best-friends pairing was so, so good.

ANYWAY story aside, it was a fantastic game and felt like an absolute steal at $40 launch.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's a really pretty one, Rift Apart is also shaping up to looking real good. Would hope with it's release 2016 gets a 60 FPS patch.

As a faithful remake of the original gameplay wise (and music and story wise) it's disappointing though. But it's still a fun game to play through, just not as good as some of the other entries in the Ratchet series.

I've reported this attempted thread detail to a mod FYI

But Jawmuncher is a mod,

Who mods, the moderaters?

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Yes! Game is beautiful!,
took the Platinum last year.
very very fun game to play!!
insomniac grow up so much for me in the last few year!
absolute top tier developer!

Craiji

May 26, 2018
Would love an excuse to replay this for the 5th time, can we get a PS5 60fps patch please Insomniac?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Wait what? Can you explain this more?
I've reported this attempted thread detail to a mod FYI
See, things like this are why you're not getting a new Dino Crisis
untitled1ytk5i.jpg

Mar 31, 2018
I tested a whole lot of PS4 games on my PS5....

And this was one of those that blew me away the most. Not the most, but wow, legit surprised at how good it looked.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It really does but god I wish they added a dynamic 4 or whatever K with unlocked frame rate back in 2016 with the PRO instead of a single 4K/30FPS mode, this game would feel so good in 60.
I will probably play close to the sequel's launch since I first played it on my base PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Easily. Here's my album of shots:

- abload.de

Bei Abload.de kostenlos Bilder hosten und in Foren, ebay oder anderen Auktionsplattformen usw. nutzen. Die Benutzeroberfläche ermöglicht einfaches bearbeiten deiner Bilder!

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Still has some of the best HDR implementation out there. The game is stunning at times on a Pro/PS5

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy to think how far we've come since that Game Informer(?) cover feature on Future Tools of Destruction, at the time it already felt like they'd caught up with Pixar lmao

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Shame they didn't drop a 60fps update when they announced the release date for the PS5 game.

Dec 2, 2020
A very nice looking PS4 exclusive. It was good to see that sort of art style done on relatively powerful hardware at the time too. I'm playing Bowser's Fury at the moment and although the art is incredible it's being murdered by being 720p stretched out on a big 4K TV :(

The new Ratchet looks insane.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I would kill for a Native 4k/60fps patch, or some reworked 'high' settings but yes the game was quite the looker when I first played it on PS4 Pro.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
It looks insanely good, but 60fps would have taken it over the top.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely.

In a year where everyone was praising Uncharted 4 I was actually more impressed by R&C.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, i kinda stopped noticing the graphics after the first minutes to be honest.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Maybe it's because I played this on base PS4 and Sunset Overdrive on One X but I think the later is aging better, much more sharp and it flows better.

Deleted member 79517

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 31, 2020
Absolutely. I was a little shocked when I looked back on the last generation and realized that this was A.) the game that most impressed me visually and B.) one of my top ten favorites of the entire generation.