• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VGEsoterica

Dec 10, 2019
Considering "Favorite" is one of the most subjective terms I am really curious what others consider some of the best games never to be ported to a home console. There are a metric crap ton of games that never made it home, both super common and obscure, that I could ask ten people and get 100 different games.

Warrior Blade : Rastan Saga III is a super interesting game. Not only is it a really fun game in general, but it utilized the same PCB that the ultrawide Darius release used. Taito strapped two 4x3 monitors into a cabinet and suddenly you had "ultrawide" gaming, in arcades, in 1993. I saw a cab once at a ski resort pizza joint in Vermont around 2004/2005, and I fell in love with the game. I 100% understand why it was never ported home though...widescreen wasn't a thing until late 90's / early 2000's. Even though it wasn't ported its still absolutely worth checking out and emulates perfectly. (useful considering the PCB has two separate video connectors to power the dual monitors, and unless you have monitors with no bezel, you'd have a huge blind spot in the middle of the game)

But I'd love to know everyone else's favorite unported arcade games. I had an awesome time playing and documenting ten of my favorite games, so I may do another ten in the future. I've only ever played SO much, so I've probably missed some amazing hidden gems out there!

Happy Easter! Or happy Sunday if easter isn't your thing. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there!

OP
OP
VGEsoterica

VGEsoterica

Dec 10, 2019
youtu.be

Warrior Blade : Rastan Saga III - Unported Playlist

Hello and welcome to "The Unported Playlist" Over ten episodes, I will be talking about ten of my favorite unported arcade games. There are a massive amount ...

So you know what Rastan Saga III actually is lol. It's really not talked about often at all, so I can't assume everyone knows what it is. I love the art style and presentation. Has some repetitive enemies here and there but otherwise Taito killed it with this

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, OP, it did come to the PS2 on Taito Memories II Gekan though that was in Japan.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
According to Wikipedia, Arcade is the only platform listed. I checked out the Taito Memories 2 box and didn't see it pictured.

But man what I wouldn't give to get a collection like that these days.

Shows up at 1:04:26. It's the only way to play it on console.

But yeah, it should show up in collections like that these days.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
they have a Rastan III machine at Galloping Ghost in Chicago and it's one of my favorites to play

Taito multiscreen cabs are just magical

Status
Not open for further replies.