• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I love how repubs are stealing the government and democrats are losing their shit over someone booing Hildawg, like she doesn't deserve it for throwing shade at Bernie all around town.

And by I love how I mean I fucking hate it.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I love how repubs are stealing the government and democrats are losing their shit over someone booing Hildawg, like she doesn't deserve it for throwing shade at Bernie all around town.

That's what we call "Unity" a cudgel to beat politicians in your party you don't like while you personally sow division and hostility.

Don't you just love it?

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Hillary and Sarah Palin are birds of a feather. Both lost but both can't let go that public perception has moved on from them.

I voted Hillary in 2016, but the best thing she can do is move out of the way and let the left that want to take it to the GOP get their chance. She had her chance.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017

Annoying as fuck. My twitter feed is now full of people with checkmarks comparing Bernie to Trump. It's not even close to the same thing. It's almost like some people have multiple opinions about various parts of society and other politicians. You can be against Trump and also Hillary. Shit is really disappointing me.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
If your first response to Rashida Talib being critical of Hillary is to mention how the GOP has a propaganda machine, you're an idiot.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Fiucking love that the progressive wing are pulling the party out from under the cooperate dems.
Love the smell of fear:D

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Cool. So why are people still saying she was a terrible candidate and that it's her fault that we have Trump? It's those takes that get on my nerves. Calling her out for being petty toward Bernie is totally fair. But blaming her for 2016 is bullshit.

She deserved those takes when the story broke within a week of her loss that her husband and some campaign staff tried to coax her to campaign more in the midwest but she rebuffed their efforts. They understood she need to win those swing states and she failed to put in the effort.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Imagine being offended at being booed by a progressive woman of color while you as a white liberal elitist wine mom war criminal worth hundreds of millions(who also happens to be a huge influence in society) open palm slaps progressives across the face pretty much every single chance you get, projecting your own actions onto them.

Hillary is the embodiment of the forces in the democratic party leftists are fighting against

I imagine it had a lot to do with the idea that being liberal = progressive

"i pretend to care about social justice by caping for hollow identity politics, i am so far left and progressive. Actual progressive leftist values for socieoeconomic justice and intersectionalism ala MLK? WHat's that some kind of purity test?"

Unfortunately, for many centrist liberals, the idea of progressivism in practice ends up being little more than hollow tokenism so they can act like they are good people(the so called woke politics crowd) while otherwise catering to the broken status quo, which misses the entire point of social justice advocacy.

As a black minority who has to deal with the systemic failure of the white institution every day, it sucks.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
When they go low, in response to me going low, we also go low again, with the veneer of going high!

The gaslighting is real

2016 primaries too fresh for some

Ah yes, the nebulous Bernie supporter that praises and celebrates George Wallace and Joe Rogan but also just happens to hate Hillary for fun. They're definitely out there, and I'm going to shake my fist at them.

I mean I'm pretty sure Hillary is at least partially responsible for a lot of deaths and unrest in the global world at large with her actions and policies, between Libya, Haiti, and other countries, but let's pretend she's the ally of progress and use her as a cudgel against a strawman we've created to feel better about ourselves.

Here's a full post of receipts if you want to keep tacitly defending Hillary.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Sexism
Why cant this old bag just disappear from the media cycle already. God damn, not again.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Can I have some mod clarity on what we can an cannot say in regards to Hillary? This whole thread is full of people taking shots at her and her supporters, yet Im the one who got a warning for some reason?
Slayven ( only mod name I remember)

Last edited:

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
User banned (1 month): sexism
I'd rather be a Bernie Bro than a Hillary Ho.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Bernie's running for president, Hilary's running for...television specials, interviews.

If we can't even bring back basic 'this is serious politics, not fans rooting for sports teams' decorum in 2020 good luck with healthcare, etc.

The 'she did it first!' doesnt work in this example.

supra

Oct 30, 2017
Annoying as fuck. My twitter feed is now full of people with checkmarks comparing Bernie to Trump. It's not even close to the same thing. It's almost like some people have multiple opinions about various parts of society and other politicians. You can be against Trump and also Hillary. Shit is really disappointing me.
The thing with a lot of rank and file libs is that there is a great deal of ideological overlap (esp foreign/econ policy) with the GOP/Trump, but their biggest issue is tone. So they see people excited at a rally and yelling == Trumpian. They have never been a part of a movement for anything, it's all aesthetic to them.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hillary is actually terrible. why is she being so divisive. just go away if you can't be a positive force.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Democratic Party is that friend that's trying to bang your significant other behind your back. I can't believe how far my opinion of the Party has plummeted since 2008.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the nebulous Bernie supporter that praises and celebrates George Wallace and Joe Rogan but also just happens to hate Hillary for fun. They're definitely out there, and I'm going to shake my fist at them.

tbh i don't know why you're trying to be incredulous about joe rogan's inclusion there because even a lot of folks on this very forum were riding his dick when he endorsed bernie

This forum is proud to be progressive, yet I always see so many Clinton/Biden supporters, do you guys even know their politics?

era isn't progressive, hope that helps

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Bernie's running for president, Hilary's running for...television specials, interviews.

If we can't even bring back basic 'this is serious politics, not fans rooting for teams'c decorum in 2020 good luck with healthcare, etc.

Clinton is also someone who gets tons of media airtime just for existing or making a statement. And she seems to love using that to great effect

Of course, its the left that are toxic and didnt do enough to help her win the nomination last time while she basically created the whole narrative of leftist being all white bros attacking women and minorities online with no points to make whatsoever, just like she tried to do with Obama and his so called "Obamaboys" in 2008.

Someone just cant take criticism well.

Oct 29, 2017
Hilary is one of many, many Democratic leaders whose commitment to "unity" and "civility" is hypocritical and dishonest. There's no point in playing that game knowing full well it won't be reciprocated.

It is fealty they want, not camaraderie.

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA
Remember when Al Gore narrowly lost to Bush in 2000, and then instead of taking it gracefully he went on multiple interviews during the 2004 Democratic primary bashing a top candidate and complaining how they didn't do enough to support the party, all while taking very little responsibility for the previous election results?

yeah neither do i

Principate

Oct 31, 2017

If we can't even bring back basic 'this is serious politics, not fans rooting for sports teams' decorum in 2020 good luck with healthcare, etc.

The 'she did it first!' doesnt work in this example.
What are you even arguing here Bernie hasn't attacked Hillary. This is prime-time bothsides-ism. A supporter of Bernie booed her that's all. Yet somehow people are trying to turn this into a "why is bernie so toxic". He hasn't done anything.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
tbh i don't know why you're trying to be incredulous about joe rogan's inclusion there because even a lot of folks on this very forum were riding his dick when he endorsed bernie

"Praising and celebrating" indicates on some level agreeing with Rogan's terrible views. I find it to be a dishonest framing. I would wager most - perhaps, not all - were mostly happy that a very popular podcaster endorsed Bernie, rather than thinking Rogan was a person worthy of praise.

I personally wish the Bernie campaign didn't cut an advertisement and just silently took the endorsement. I don't blame people one bit for not liking it. But to use it as a way to frame Hillary positively rubs me the wrong way.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This is why progressives hate this identity politics game centrist liberals try to play for "woke points"

www.mcsweeneys.net

I Support Strong Women of Color Unless They Are Politically to My Left

For far too long, women of color have been silenced by the forces of white supremacy and patriarchy. Therefore, it’s important to recognize that wo...

Its always about identity representation, until its just a prop used to cynically act like your doing something without doing anything.

The people bashing Talib for calling out Clinton on her terrible attitude are showing their asses.

Your talking about a person who is literally a persecuted minority, who cant even visit their own grand mother because the US has a good relationship with the country who doesnt want her criticizing them as an apartheid state.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is why progressives hate this identity politics game centrist liberals try to play for "woke points"

www.mcsweeneys.net

For far too long, women of color have been silenced by the forces of white supremacy and patriarchy. Therefore, it’s important to recognize that wo...

Its always about identity representation, until its just a prop used to cynically act like your doing something without doing anything.

The people bashing Talib for calling out Clinton on her terrible attitude are showing their asses.

Your talking about a person who is literally a persecuted minority, who cant even visit their own grand mother because the US has a good relationship with the country who doesnt want her criticizing them as an apartheid state.

I agree with the underlined, thankfully there is like, nobody on ERA actually bashing Tlaib

Cu3rILp.gif

OP
OP
bye

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

wow you love booing Hillary for openly bashing a dem frontrunner? You're basically a trump supporter 🤪🤪

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I agree with the underlined, thankfully there is like, nobody on ERA actually bashing Tlaib

Cu3rILp.gif

There are plenty of people out there bashing her disingenuously, my words are reserved for them wherever they are.

Also.....it should not be controversial in literally any sense to say "your support of minorities should be more than skin deep tokenism either for political advantage or fake moral righteousness". Because that's what progressives mean when they talk disparagingly from the left about identity politics.

Oct 25, 2017
Konoha

www.mcsweeneys.net

You should make a separate thread for this because it absolutely needs to be discussed how white liberals use poc as tokens to hold up but "attack" them for "getting out of line" ie criticizing the very white power struction in America and the Democratic party..

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There are plenty of people out there bashing her disingenuously, my words are reserved for them wherever they are.

Also.....it should not be controversial in literally any sense to say "your support of minorities should be more than skin deep tokenism either for political advantage or fake moral righteousness".

There are? I did a quick once over, can't really find anyone specific.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You should make a sepeate thread for this because it absolutely needs to be disccused how white liberals use poc as tokens to hold up,

Maybe we can add on Joe Rogan to this and folks posting random twitter accounts using minorities of various kinds as a shield to support the choice of embracing Rogan, if you want to include contemporary events.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
your support of minorities should be more than skin deep tokenism either for political advantage or fake moral righteousness
Decrying "identity politics" and saying this is bad are not the same thing. You can rightly call out bullshit when you see it without throwing the whole thing in the trash and painting with such broad strokes. It does your argument no favors

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe we can add on Joe Rogan to this and folks posting random twitter accounts using minorities of various kinds as a shield to support the choice of embracing Rogan, if you want to include contemporary events.
Or posters talking over minorities and telling them their concerns on racist terfs is just having fun on the internet.

Oct 25, 2017
Konoha
Sure but{for the record i'm black and understand why Bernie retweeted Rogan's endorsement) this ties into white liberals trying to erase Sanders poc/non-white male/diverse support to paint this dumb bernie bros "white male/insert other stupid things they say" movement.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sure, that can be a point on how things that can make some amount of political sense still probably shouldn't be done because it hurts others. Or are you saying this to shut up any discussion?

Also, before you start making idiotic statements insulting me: Fuck Joe Rogan and Bernie's campaign should not have tweet Rogan's endorsement.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sure but{for the record i'm black and understand why Bernie retweeted Rogan's endorsement) this ties into white liberals trying to erase Sanders poc/non-white male support to paint this dumb bernie bros "white male/insert other stupid things they say" movement.

and I'm non-binary and I can't really grasp why Sanders would want to openly embrace the endorsement of someone like Rogan.

So I guess I'm erasing myself by criticizing Sanders for going after a very specific demographic in the primaries that don't vote Democrat and making people question his commitment to social issues? Like, I don't think anyone is erasing Sanders supporters identity, I think talking about the type of people Sanders is clearly trying to court is completely valid discussion especially when it's paired with his words over the years regarding ID-Pol and his specific focus on economic equality.

Or maybe making blanket statements about identity politics is really dumb and doing it after specific events have transpired is actually not cool, especially when it's clearly just being weaponized by folks for personal internet arguments and not really actual discussion on the topic.