• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously and Hilary lost because she was a bad candidate, but that doesn't anyone that negatively impact her campaign for no good reason gets off scott free. Nothing she's doing is positive benefit to anybody hear he has political rivals and lobby groups against him let them do the trash talking.
Hillary was never a bad candidate, she made some big mistakes which did contribute to her losing but I'm also glad she's not running in 2020.
I spent nearly the entirety of 2016's primary season on GAF arguing that Bernie was a horrible candidate, so I'm not ignorant of his flaws given how well versed I became in pointing them out. But I believe he can win in 2020. In fact I believe it's absolutely vital he (or Warren) does.

Why do think he's a bad candidate to face Trump, Lothar, and who are these better candidates "that could actually win"?
I just don't have faith in him because he's basically been ignored when being attacked and when it starts he's not going to handle it. He hasn't given me any reason to believe in him at all. Warren is the only candidate I have faith in winning in 2020 either way I just want trump to lose and lose terribly so if Bernie can win than great.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't have faith in him because he's basically been ignored when being attacked and when it starts he's not going to handle it. He hasn't given me any reason to believe in him at all. Warren is the only candidate I have faith in winning in 2020 either way I just want trump to lose and lose terribly so if Bernie can win than great.
Bernie has been attacked rather heavily, especially for the past month. You may not have noticed because he is pretty good at handling it.

Whenever Warren gets attacked, like when she revealed her health care plan, her numbers dropped and she hasn't recovered because she's not great at handling attacks. She also does the worst against Trump 1 on 1 in key swing states.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
if she hadn't had all of her superdelegate pals in her pocket last election, we'd probably have Bernie instead of Trump right now.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie has been attacked rather heavily, especially for the past month. You may not have noticed because he is pretty good at handling it.

Whenever Warren gets attacked, like when she revealed her health care plan, her numbers dropped and she hasn't recovered because she's not great at handling attacks. She also does the worst against Trump 1 on 1 in key swing states.
I guess we will see but Bernie hasn't done anything to earn it imo and he's barely been attacked.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Good. The American people need to see their representatives in government not shy away from shitting on awful people who use their power and influence selfishly and hatefully. We're talking about booing someone who turned on Ronan Farrow because he was looking into allegations of her friend Harvey Weinstein. How many abused women fucked over because of Clinton? Also she thinks people like me are less than, so fuck her.

Also let's be real: this party unity thing is purposely being used incorrectly to try and shut up people who continue to get fucked with the moment they try to defend themselves or get defended by others. You know why situations like this really help Trump? Because it makes the Democratic Party look meek.

When the GOP holds a primary it's ruthless. They go beyond policy and ideological disputes immediately. They get ugly and personal. It's nasty. And then they find a candidate and the entire party unifies without hesitation. The democrats, on the other hand, can't even let a shitty person who isn't running get tagged one time without crying about how their party is a disaster that no one will support. Everything is the end of the world when someone gets criticized or jeered. And that's what gets projected outward to lesser informed voters.The GOP is clear from the outset that the end goal is to win, period. The words "party unity" don't need to be said.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is true but it's a very skin deep level of approach regarding polling, who is taking away from her numbers, why someone who actually explained M4A in a specific manner regarding funding got attacked while Sanders has basically ignored the issue of the key implementations and cost of M4A.

Warren, by the numbers, is the candidate that would bring everyone together in the party if she was the nominee. However, she's not everyones first. She also doesn't do as well because being a women in America as a nominee is hard mode, especially after 2016 when everyone is afraid of nominating a women again, which further reinforces the cycle of sexism.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California

Mehdi Hasan with the best take, and how a lot of people defending Hillary are showing their racist sides (not saying people in this thread, necessarily).

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well see, the issue is you actually did just do that.

No, I very clearly stated that I wouldn't do that and instead was giving an example of an easy pivot using fallacious reasoning.

I have no idea what your political leanings are and I have no intention of categorizing you based on a handful of posts in here. I've met plenty of people who I would categorize as progressive or progressive-leaning yet still defend Hillary.

I don't get it but I'm not going to dismiss you as a moderate based on this one thing.

And P.S. I sincerely apologize if it seemed like I was accusing you of being that thing. Again, I don't know you and I'm not going to make assumptions about you over a few posts.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if she hadn't had all of her superdelegate pals in her pocket last election, we'd probably have Bernie instead of Trump right now.
Voters like myself gave Clinton the nomination, not the DNC, not the Establishment, not the super delegates. Bernie failed to win enough people over in his last primary through lack of name recognition initially and his own mistakes down the road. Failure to recognize that and how it happened only makes you a weak and unprepared advocate for him now in 2020.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Shame Tilib doesn't realized she is getting the exact treatment the GOP perfected on Hillary, she doesn't have to like Hillary but she should see the similarities of the game being run on her.
Yeah, whenever she figures out or someone tells her about the attacks and smears she receives from the right, she'll regret her words. The poor girl just doesn't know better.

Oct 27, 2017
Real talk though, Clinton's bullshit was her being herself. This was timed and done with forethought. There's a reason the Clinton's have a reputation.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
This is true but it's a very skin deep level of approach regarding polling, who is taking away from her numbers, why someone who actually explained M4A in a specific manner regarding funding got attacked while Sanders has basically ignored the issue of the key implementations and cost of M4A.
The fact that Warren got bogged down by responding to the concern trolling inherent to that line of questioning regarding M4A funding is her own fault. Getting down to specifics on stuff like that at this point is literally just giving your enemies ammo to catch you in a hand-wringing trap.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'll help you understand with a few simple details:
She's a TERF

She's repeatedly praised Henry Kissinger, the man responsible for the destruction of multiple South American societies and the deaths of millions of people.

She used black slave labor at the governor's mansion in Arkansas

She campaigned for the crime bill in the 90's and espoused extremely racist views about black people ("super predators" etc.)

There is plenty more, but that's a start. Yes, she was smeared heavily by Republicans with made up bullshit, and yes she would've been a competent president in terms of understanding the office and using it to suit her goals effectively. Would've been much better than Trump, obviously. That said...there are PLENTY of reasons to dislike her that are legitimate and informed entirely from her own policies and behavior.
And yet you've got plenty of people on this site still unironically calling her queen. It's fucking disgusting, and quite revealing

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Rashida Tlaib @RashidaTlaib

My statement regarding last night:

"I am so incredibly in love with the movement that our campaign of #NotMeUs has created. This makes me protective over it and frustrated by attempts to dismiss the strength and diversity of our movement. (1/4)

"However, I know what is at stake if we don't unify over one candidate to beat Trump and I intend to do everything possible to ensure that Trump does not win in 2020. (2/4)

"In this instance, I allowed my disappointment with Secretary Clinton's latest comments about Senator Sanders and his supporters get the best of me. You all, my sisters-in-service on stage, and our movement deserve better. (3/4)

"I will continue to strive to come from a place of love and not react in the same way of those who are against what we are building in this country. This is about building a just and equitable future for my two boys, children across the country, and future generations." (4/4)

9:30 AM - Feb 1, 2020

Good course-correction. No one needs to be paying Hillary's negativity any mind. Got bigger fish to fry.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The fact that Warren got bogged down by responding to the concern trolling inherent to that line of questioning regarding M4A funding is her own fault. Getting down to specifics on stuff like that at this point is literally just giving your enemies ammo to catch you in a hand-wringing trap.

Yes, it's very bad politics to actually explain policy, implementation, and cost of a trillions of dollars healthcare overhaul that impacts one of the largest industries in the United States and completely alters the way people receive healthcare.

Very foolish of her for actually trying to have a realistic pathway to M4A and explain it out.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"I am so incredibly in love with the movement that our campaign of #NotMeUs has created. This makes me protective over it and frustrated by attempts to dismiss the strength and diversity of our movement. (1/4)

"However, I know what is at stake if we don't unify over one candidate to beat Trump and I intend to do everything possible to ensure that Trump does not win in 2020. (2/4)

"In this instance, I allowed my disappointment with Secretary Clinton's latest comments about Senator Sanders and his supporters get the best of me. You all, my sisters-in-service on stage, and our movement deserve better. (3/4)

"I will continue to strive to come from a place of love and not react in the same way of those who are against what we are building in this country. This is about building a just and equitable future for my two boys, children across the country, and future generations." (4/4)​

This is a perfect response.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
Clinton making that statement right before iowa is and was fucked up. Period. Just shut the hell up already. I'm glad Rashida boo'ed her

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Hillary and Bernie (and his friends) both need to shut up. This stupid schoolyard back-and-forth smearfest is exactly what we don't need right now. Immature nonsense.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yes, it's very bad politics to actually explain policy, implementation, and cost of a trillions of dollars healthcare overhaul that impacts one of the largest industries in the United States and completely alters the way people receive healthcare.

Very foolish of her for actually trying to have a realistic pathway to M4A and explain it out.
I agree, and you seem to as well considering how you've already acknowledged that doing that hurt her. :)

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It is a disappointing reality that our electorate doesn't actually like details. Bernie would be wise to smokescreen the innate details of M4A for as long as possible, honestly.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is a disappointing reality that our electorate doesn't actually like details. Bernie would be wise to smokescreen the innate details of M4A for as long as possible, honestly.

Sanders literally said "I don't know the costs of M4A" when asked, so he's going to probably ignore the entire issue and never bring it up until he's in office.

Oct 25, 2017
Hillary loved going on TV telling everybody we should be tough on crime and called black kids "super predators - no conscience, no empathy"

Hillary was still using that shit in 2008 when she implied Obama was soft on crime for opposing mandatory minimum sentences.

Hillary refused to drop out of the race against Obama even though she was getting hammered because maybe Obama could be assassinated like Bobby Kennedy.

The Clintons had slaves at the governor's mansion and defended it by citing "longstanding tradition, which kept down costs."

Hillary said trans issues pose a "legitimate concern" for cis women and in another interview said that we should be sensitive to transphobia.

Hillary was among those spreading lies about Saddam's imaginary WMDs and cheerleading a war in Iraq. A million dead Iraqis and the birth of ISIS should tell us all how well that's going by now.

Hillary laughed about overthrowing Gaddafi and his subsequent death with a sociopathic "We came, we saw, he died! Ha ha ha". Libya now has literal slave markets. No really, people being bought and sold at auctions:

"Does anybody need a digger? This is a digger, a big strong man, he'll dig," the salesman, dressed in camouflage gear, says. "What am I bid, what am I bid?"

Buyers raise their hands as the price rises, "500, 550, 600, 650 ..." Within minutes it is all over and the men, utterly resigned to their fate, are being handed over to their new "masters."

When the UN voted to recognise Palestine as a state, Clinton called it "unfortunate and counterproductive"

Hillary is a staunch opponent of the BDS movement, because apparently opposing Apartheid makes you anti-semitic bullies

The fucking list goes on and on.

Now someone tell me why Rashida Tlaib, as a progressive Palestinian Muslim, should not boo the trash that is Hillary Clinton for shitting on Bernie every chance she gets because she's still bitter at managing to fuck up against a joke candidate in the general election? For blaming 'Bernie Bros' (when Clinton supporters were twice as likely to vote for McCain vs Obama than Bernie supporters were to vote for Trump) and lying about how Bernie didn't do enough work campaigning for Hillary when he did far more work for Hillary than she did for Obama?

If anything the liberals should be applauding Tlaib's incredible restraint in only giving it a couple of joking boos.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot how much she loves Henry fucking Kissinger. Her awfulness encompasses so much I simply couldn't remember it all.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

"I will continue to strive to come from a place of love and not react in the same way of those who are against what we are building in this country. This is about building a just and equitable future for my two boys, children across the country, and future generations." (4/4)​

Nice

Hard not to be incredibly frustrated with Clinton, but I do think it's best if she rises above this garbage.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been in plenty of Clinton threads over the last five years that I'm at a point where I simply stopped caring what people have to say on this topic regarding her being a political coward or what ever the label of the day is.

I think we're at a point where people just enjoy bashing on someone because it's fun, I think that point is obvious. I think people hold conflicted views of Clinton regarding her status, as they say they want her to "fuck off forever" and never return, but there is obvious a clear enjoyment when she does pop pack up so threads can be made and inner-website conflict can be stirred up again. I think in reality most folks don't really care that much about Clinton, I think there is far more personal motivations driving the reactions we see on ERA regarding this topic that stem back to the last primary/general election. Clinton is just the vessel to drive that community conflict.

That's my take.
Of course there are personal motivations for the dislike of Hillary. Motivations like trans people being personally offended by her transphobic statements, black people being personally offended by her racism, rape and abuse victims being personally offended by her treatment of other victims and turning a blind eye towards abusers, South Americans being personally offended by her repeated praise of the man who destroyed their countries' progress. Yes, these things are all deeply personal to the people affected by them.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The article explicitly states Wallstreet is prepared to abandon the Democratic party if Warren is elected. You've spun that into a post suggesting Democrats themselves will support Trump to prevent a Progressive presidency. Do you not see how incredibly dishonest that is?
He said corporate democrats. I imagine corporate democratic voters are registered democrats, no?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care much about Hillary getting booed. She can take it. And Tlaib has a right to express her views.

I just wanted to point out that everyone saying this is dangerous because the party needs to be unified didn't pay much attention to the Republican primaries in 2016. It was a shit show.

Every debate was Trump slinging insults and mocking other candidates. He would destroy his opponents on Twitter. He flat out called Ted Cruz's wife ugly and accused his dad of being involved in the Kennedy assassination. What about "Little Marco"? We could go on and on. Yet look at the country now.

I don't think the election in November will be decided by how unified the party is during the primaries.

It is interesting to reflect on things Republicans do because as you point out it suggests certain tactics aren't as bad as damaging as they first appear.

Let's not forget that back in 2016 when most of us thought Trump's debating style was terrible it turned out it is very effective. If a woman uses it over a man using the Clinton style then the woman is still going to be seen as the better speaker.

But any lesson we can take from Republicans should be carefully weighed against the actual motivations of Democrats.

In another example Clinton went off script and typical Democrat decorum to call Republicans deplorables. It was a very Republican way of speaking and she was gaining enthusiasm among her base for it. But she did what is typical for Democratic politicians by apologizing. While the Democratic base does want or leadership to display civility and decorum more often than not by apologizing Hillary pushed back against what made us enthusiastic about her.

The underlying motivations of each party will distort how and why a certain tactic is used or can be used.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Hillary loved going on TV telling everybody we should be tough on crime and called black kids "super predators - no conscience, no empathy"

Hillary was still using that shit in 2008 when she implied Obama was soft on crime for opposing mandatory minimum sentences.

Hillary refused to drop out of the race against Obama even though she was getting hammered because maybe Obama could be assassinated like Bobby Kennedy.

The Clintons had slaves at the governor's mansion and defended it by citing "longstanding tradition, which kept down costs."

Hillary said trans issues pose a "legitimate concern" for cis women and in another interview said that we should be sensitive to transphobia.

Hillary was among those spreading lies about Saddam's imaginary WMDs and cheerleading a war in Iraq. A million dead Iraqis and the birth of ISIS should tell us all how well that's going by now.

Hillary laughed about overthrowing Gaddafi and his subsequent death with a sociopathic "We came, we saw, he died! Ha ha ha". Libya now has literal slave markets. No really, people being bought and sold at auctions:

When the UN voted to recognise Palestine as a state, Clinton called it "unfortunate and counterproductive"

Hillary is a staunch opponent of the BDS movement, because apparently opposing Apartheid makes you anti-semitic bullies

Now someone tell me why Rashida Tlaib, as a progressive Palestinian Muslim, should not boo the trash that is Hillary Clinton for shitting on Bernie every chance she gets because she's still bitter at managing to fuck up against a joke candidate in the general election? For blaming 'Bernie Bros' (when Clinton supporters were twice as likely to vote for McCain vs Obama than Bernie supporters were to vote for Trump) and lying about how Bernie didn't do enough work campaigning for Hillary when he did far more work for Hillary than she did for Obama?

If anything the liberals should be applauding Tlaib's incredible restraint in only giving it a couple of joking boos.

Thanks for putting this together.

I look forward to the responses

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Shame Tilib doesn't realized she is getting the exact treatment the GOP perfected on Hillary, she doesn't have to like Hillary but she should see the similarities of the game being run on her.

Does Talib have ambitions beyond getting elected in her state?

Besides it isn't Talib who is getting the GOP Hilary focus. It's Omar and Cortez who has been their frequent obsession.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

I've got a feeling there's gunna be crickets for this post. Thanks for putting it together.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes both sides I bow down to your genius.

The point is they both need to stop acting like fucking children and sowing division within the party. Bernie is incredibly bad at bringing people into his fold and Hillary isn't helping by sniping at him when she isn't even part of the election.

Bernie needs to call off his friends and focus on either winning or losing the primary and then take the win or loss in stride. ENOUGH of this "THEY'RE NOT LETTING BERNIE HAVE IT"/"MAYBE THE DNC IS COLLUDING TO KEEP HIM OUT" bullshit.

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL
In another example Clinton went off script and typical Democrat decorum to call Republicans deplorables. It was a very Republican way of speaking and she was gaining enthusiasm among her base for it. But she did what is typical for Democratic politicians by apologizing. While the Democratic base does want or leadership to display civility and decorum more often than not by apologizing Hillary pushed back against what made us enthusiastic about her.

The underlying motivations of each party will distort how and why a certain tactic is used or can be used.

She should never have apologized. Just said that he has a base that supports him precisely because of his racist and xenophobic policies.
Or they don't care what those policies do to minorities as long as they get theirs. Those people are deplorable.

If she gets challenged by the press turn it back on them. Ask how they can be called anything but. The people she was referring to were never going to consider voting for her anyway.

Democrats main problem is that have lacked a political spine. They have started to show some in the last few weeks. But they need to keep pushing.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

The point is that generally speaking you aren't supposed to get into details. All professional campaigning staff in modern times don't want their candidates to give too many details.

That's not a coincidence so maybe you should respect how successful campaigns work.

Keep in mind I personally prefer if candidates did get into specifies but you have a total disregard for what that means by asking only one candidate to divulge such details when that just means weakening her position among her multiple adversaries who kept it vague.

Oct 25, 2017
The point is they both need to stop acting like fucking children and sowing division within the party. Bernie is incredibly bad at bringing people into his fold and Hillary isn't helping by sniping at him when she isn't even part of the election.

Bernie needs to call off his friends and focus on either winning or losing the primary and then take the win or loss in stride. ENOUGH of this "THEY'RE NOT LETTING BERNIE HAVE IT"/"MAYBE THE DNC IS COLLUDING TO KEEP HIM OUT" bullshit.

image0.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not a Hillary supporter. I'm just sick of Democrats shitting on each other instead of focusing on winning. That includes Bernie and his friends. This country is dying and we have a bunch of dumbasses throwing kindergarten-grade insults at each other. It's pathetic and foolish and we already know what's going to happen if it keeps up.

Deleted member 6122

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nothing but 100% truth in this post. Rashida honestly shouldn't have even apologized but I get why she did. Hope the Bernie campaign absolutely crushes it in Iowa.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The point is that generally speaking you aren't supposed to get into details. All professional campaigning staff in modern times don't want their candidates to give too many details.

That's not a coincidence so maybe you should respect how successful campaigns work.

You're not supposed to get into the dirty details during a debate when you are meant to talk like a dumb dumb to people. Almost every candidate right now has detailed policy proposals on various topics on their sites that dive into nitty gritty details, proposals and even costs. Sanders literally brags about proposing a 16 trillion dollar investment over ten years for his climate change agenda.

I can do without the talking down to however, I'm pretty aware of how elections and campaigns function, thanks!