• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49598840

Joined at the body, the baby venomous snake has two fully-formed heads, four eyes and two flickering tongues - which work independently of each other.

"It would be pretty difficult for this snake to survive in the wild," environmentalist Dave Schneider said.

He said the snake stiffens when trying to escape, and it would have been an easy catch for predators.

_108634111_14b49703-6781-445f-93e5-38039ff68556.jpg

Two-headed snakes are usually born the same way as conjoined twins: a developing embryo begins to split into identical twins - but then stops part way.

They came up with the name Double Dave because Mr Schneider and his colleague are both called David.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Is it proper to refer to Double Dave in the singular, as the quoted text does? I would think having two heads would make them plural, regardless of having one body. At any rate, I like Double Dave.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of feel bad for them. Just trying to move around must be a pain if the other head's sending mixed signals. It's not like they can communicate well with each other like humans could.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Firmly in the "burn it" camp.
The Lord's light wasn't reserved for such a creature.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
That shit just seems annoying. Imagine you and your brother shared the same butthole? I feel for the little guy.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm pretty sure Olympus doesn't give a damn about what Jehovah has to say.
The Gods have truly forsaken us if this is the kind of creature that now slithers the Earth.

We must immediately consider which minority group we can persecute to prevent more spawning and to curry favour from the skies.