• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Such a fun-ass game, I really need to get the boys back to the sea. I love how the pvp is even and theres no lvl 89 pirate oneshotting my newb ass.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
this game was my biggest disappointment when it came out and is now my GOTY in 2020 and maybe my favorite of the generation

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait to see this on Series X. It's already one of the best looking games of the gen thanks to the lighting and art direction.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Thieves was such a silly fun game. Every time we played we had a blast, but ultimately my friends and I had trouble coming back to it.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
I love Rare but I found this game tricky as I'm used to waypoints etc and I guess handholding. The visuals are insane but I just couldn't get into it 😔

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I love Rare but I found this game tricky as I'm used to waypoints etc and I guess handholding. The visuals are insane but I just couldn't get into it 😔
They've got more of a tutorial now, and the Tall Tales (the story driven missions) all have checkpoints now. But yea, no waypoints still.

Oct 25, 2017
Have they added new weapons and enemies? Got bored of killing the same skeletons over and over again , Played it at launch and it was lacklustre, haven't played since.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Game of the generation.

You got that right.

Excitied to see what enhancements for the Xbox Series will be plus I cant wait to see what the October update will be. Going to be hard to beat the Fort of the Damned update from last year. I eagerly await that day I open up the Insider patch notes and have my mind blown.

These devs really know their own game...within 2 mins of the video : shrouded ghost, mega kegs on the deck, full on pink crab.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I'm more keen to be able to get back in the fight after the ferryman than just listen to it!

Oh yes. Should have said: 60+fps + SSD on PC is sooooo nice ;)

Though I do wish they'd add more types of land enemies in, and also, because I'm a masochist for all things platformer, more platforming challenges.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it'll run great given how it runs on a PC. If you're coming from XB1, the SSD will make a huge difference in loading from the ferry and mermaids
It's the most important thing for me lol.
If they can confirm it runs at 60fps on Series S, I'll trade in my One X.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I wish I liked this game. It's just not been fun as a solo player at any point for me. All it presents me is harassment from other players when I just want to enjoy it on my own terms.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
They've got more of a tutorial now, and the Tall Tales (the story driven missions) all have checkpoints now. But yea, no waypoints still.

Story driven missions?? I need to get back into this, played the beta, and a bit after full release but it just stopped playing as other stuff was released. I enjoyed sailing around in my sloop :)

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a great game, but I can't convince my friends to play for a multitude of reasons.

They seriously need to make the pve aspects more interesting.

xenonium

Apr 3, 2020
It's a great game, but I can't convince my friends to play for a multitude of reasons.

They seriously need to make the pve aspects more interesting.

Every new event they add to the game is to add variety, but also to bring people together on the map. Interaction is what makes the game, not PVE.

That being said, I also wouldn't mind the bosses being less bullet-spongey.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every new event they add to the game is to add variety, but also to bring people together on the map. Interaction is what makes the game, not PVE.

That being said, I also wouldn't mind the bosses being less bullet-spongey.
I get that, and I find PvP fun in SoT, but I think there should be more emphasis on PvE and variety with PvE to attract more players. My friends never get a chance to get good at the game because in any PvP moments they just get stomped and the fun ends. I'm only able to get them to try it like once a year when new stuff is added. If there were some actually interesting PvE goals or mechanics I think they'd be able to get the experience needed to enjoy the PvP aspects more.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Story driven missions?? I need to get back into this, played the beta, and a bit after full release but it just stopped playing as other stuff was released. I enjoyed sailing around in my sloop :)

Yeah, they've added a 10-ish hours campaign. With puzzles, platforming and obviously a lot of sailing. All voice acted and really enjoyable imo.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Easily on the short-list for top game experiences of this gen. I absolutely adore the experience, and videos like this are really useful for this kind of title considering how much they've added.