• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
you would figure that in a big series that the security staff would get familiar with the top brass of the opposing team.

ESPN reporters even said that the security and cops were allot friendlier in Toronto than in Oakland.

It's another case of American cops being American cops of Respect my Authoritahhhhh even you GM

D9HWitSXYAEVbkF.jpg:large

Look at his Right Hand and Wrist.... His Clearance Pass!!!!! In his HAND!

Last edited:

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Why the fuck are we talking about credentials when Ujiri has them on him?

Oh and the cop is a white supremacist? Well I never................

Serenity

Mar 3, 2018
Fucking pigs tried to get Michael Bennett on similar bullshit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bennett_(defensive_lineman,_born_1985)

On March 23, 2018, a warrant was issued for Bennett's arrest by police in Harris County, Texas for allegedly injuring an elderly paraplegic worker at Super Bowl LI, held 13 months previously.[42] On March 26 Bennett returned to the U.S. from outside the country (where he was when his arrest warrant was issued) and surrendered to police custody.[43] He posted a $10,000 bail bond and was set free.[44] Bennett pleaded not guilty in April.[45] The court date was postponed six times: in April, May,[46] June,[47] August,[48] September,[49] October,[50] and March 2019. On April 3, 2019, criminal charges against Bennett were dropped due to insufficient evidence.[51]

Michael Bennett is basically one of the more outspoken activists in the NFL, and has consistently faced harassment from cops (He was also thrown on the ground and assaulted in Los Vegas once). A cop *claimed* to have seen him shove an elderly woman to the ground running onto the field after the superbowl.

And the media is completely complicit. They like to cover these stories at the beginning, and like to take the cops angle and promote it as fact. But when these charges are dropped (Which I'm guessing they will be), they are silent. No retractions, no apologies, no attempt to make people understand that the innocent black citizen was completely wronged. No, just a blurb, if anything. So the pigs will get a win anyways.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
The expression on his face causes me to die a little inside, it's sadness, fear, and bewilderment all in one expression while he should be as happy as Lowry looks next to him. Hopefully Silver and the Warriors come out against this bullshit.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
you would figure that in a big series that the security staff would get familiar with the top brass of the opposing team.

ESPN reporters even said that the security and cops were allot friendlier in Toronto than in Oakland.

It's another case of American cops being American cops of Respect my Authoritahhhhh even you GM

It doesn't matter if you are top brass. it doesn't matter if you are wearing a suit. it doesn't matter how accomplished you are. When cops see a black man they see one thing.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Fuck that cop. Imagine seeing your team winning and being held back by some random fuck. I'm not saying he laid hands on the cop but I definitely probably would have. Like don't fucking touch people. Hate how cops have free reign on what you do at all times nowadays. Protect and serve, my ass. Intimidate and control is more like it. Fuck police.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Hey those white supremists are SUPER fragile it's no wonder he thinks he's severely injured

Oct 27, 2017

That's a dehumanizing stare if ever I saw one. He's lucky he wasn't shot.

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So sad that a once in a lifetime moment for him is marred forever by this type of bullshit.

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
Fucking pigs tried to get Michael Bennett on similar bullshit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bennett_(defensive_lineman,_born_1985)

Michael Bennett is basically one of the more outspoken activists in the NFL, and has consistently faced harassment from cops (He was also thrown on the ground and assaulted in Los Vegas once). A cop *claimed* to have seen him shove an elderly woman to the ground running onto the field after the superbowl.

And the media is completely complicit. They like to cover these stories at the beginning, and like to take the cops angle and promote it as fact. But when these charges are dropped (Which I'm guessing they will be), they are silent. No retractions, no apologies, no attempt to make people understand that the innocent black citizen was completely wronged. No, just a blurb, if anything. So the pigs will get a win anyways.

Please don't compare this to the Michael Bennett situation in Las Vegas. Bennett 100% lied about what happened in Vegas.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts

Michael Bennett is kind of a mess.

...welcome to the Patriots, Michael!

FeverishDream

Dec 18, 2017
Thoughts and prayers for this poor officer who suffered serious injuries due to the brutal assault at the hands of Masai.

I hope he can recover in time and live an independent life.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oakland should be thanking Masai and exalting him as a martyr of sorts for weeding this corrupt pos out.

I am sure there are plenty of others but this is a good start.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
surprise surprise, seems like everyone who was on the floor says the cops story is total bullshit
The Globe has interviewed three men who were sitting within 10 feet of the altercation, and each says they never saw Mr. Ujiri strike the officer's face.

Ben Baller, a celebrity jeweller and entrepreneur, was sitting in a front-row corner seat just steps away from the incident. He said that Mr. Ujiri was trying to make his way to the court when the officer stopped him aggressively and shouted something like "I need to see credentials to get on the court." Mr. Baller, 46, says Mr. Ujiri seemed to be trying to show the officer the lanyard in his hand, although he couldn't make out what the executive said. When asked about this, Sgt. Kelly confirmed that Mr. Ujiri did identify his role with the Raptors and did hold up his credentials, but the placard he presented did not permit court access. Moreover, Sgt. Kelly continued, Mr. Ujiri presented the document in a "very threatening kind of way" directly in the officer's face.

At this same moment, Mr. Baller said, others in the area started shouting Mr. Ujiri's position. "That's the general manager of the Toronto Raptors," Mr. Baller heard one person yell, but the officer "shook his head 'no'" and pushed Mr. Ujiri. (Sgt. Kelly says the officer, who felt Mr. Ujiri was violating his personal space, pushed the executive away and said something to the effect of "get away from me.")

Mr. Baller said the Raptors president's expression was one of "are you joking me?" This is when things became heated. Mr. Ujiri shoved the officer back, causing the man to stumble backward. "There is no fist going to his face," Mr. Baller said.

Greg Wiener, 61, told the Associated Press last week that while Mr. Ujiri did shove the officer, he did not hit his face. Mr. Wiener told The Globe that when Mr. Ujiri approached the court, the officer blocked his path with his arm, which Mr. Ujiri "brushed" away, "like, 'I'm still going forward' … then the deputy got a little bit more aggressive" and pushed the Raptors executive. "That's when Mr. Ujiri pushed the deputy hard," Wiener said.

Lucas Abrenica, 20, told The Globe he didn't notice the altercation until it was already under way. "I don't know who shoved first, but both the sheriff and Ujiri shoved each other very hard. They both stumbled back. … From what I saw it was just shoving. There were no punches thrown or anything like that."

Mr. Baller, Mr. Wiener and Mr. Abrenica all said the officer remained at his post for at least 10 minutes. Two of the men said he seemed angry, but uninjured. Sgt. Kelly confirmed the deputy remained in position for a time, but that later that night, he was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a concussion. He added that while the officer did forcefully push Mr. Ujiri, it was a "Level 5." Mr. Ujiri responded with a "Level 10."

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Alameda County prosecutors will not file charges against Toronto Raptors executive Masai Ujiri in connection with an altercation he had with a county sheriff's deputy in June at Oakland's Oracle Arena just after the Raptors beat the Warriors for the NBA title, officials said Tuesday.

The district attorney's office said Ujiri, the Raptors' president of basketball operations, attended a Monday meeting "focused on matters that we believe merited constructive, structured mediation and conflict resolution and were better handled in a setting outside of the courtroom."

Ujiri and the sheriff's department "were in agreement with the decision to handle this matter by way of the meeting," said Teresa Drenick, a prosecutor and a spokeswoman for District Attorney Nancy O'Malley.