• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Martylepiaf

Oct 25, 2017
France
It was hard not to smile when I realized it could be the key to victory, even if I felt bad for him. I can't imagine any crowd not cheer with the mob mentality in this situation.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sports fans can be so disgusting once mob mentality kicks in. I'm a huge sports fan myself but it's one of the main reasons I seldom go to watch events live, the amount of people chanting racist shit, cheering at injuries or throwing insults the entire event is just depressing.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ungh, now everyone is gonna turn on the Raps with the "their fanbase is trash," mentality and everyone is gonna start cheering for GSW to win in 7. :(

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't see cavs fans standing o Gordon Hayward when he went down. Not all fans but it doesn't justify the ones that did it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
It was hard not to smile when I realized it could be the key to victory, even if I felt bad for him. I can't imagine any crowd not cheer with the mob mentality

There are tons of fan bases who don't cheer injuries. TONS. Raptors fans should not get off the hook for this one.

This is the type of shit Philly fans pull.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
This is inexcusable and those specific people should be cheering should be ashamed of themselves, but this is also completely ordinary.

And I don't mean that to say this is "what's wrong with sports" or anything like that. This is just what a significant portion of human beings will do when their selected tribe takes an advantage against the opponent. This is sports, politics, and arguments about Sony v. Microsoft v. Nintendo.

It's a shame, and it should be called out as shameful. But it shouldn't be a surprise.

Martylepiaf

Oct 25, 2017
France
I didn't see cavs fans standing o Gordon Hayward when he went down. Not all fans but it doesn't justify the ones that did it.
Yeah because it was one of the worst looking injury in the history of the NBA in a a meaningless game.

There are tons of fan bases who don't cheer injuries. TONS. Raptors fans should not get off the hook for this one.

This is the type of shit Philly fans pull.
I don't think they should get away with this, but I really don't think any other fanbase would have reacted diffrently in a potential championship game against the most hated player. People made fun of Lebron all the time for his cramps and everything

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not even a small amount of fans either. Embarrassing night for that fanbase.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Absolute trash every single one of them and any other reaction to an injury in game threads other than " I hope he's ok" should catch an insta ban

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Hockey fans are the worst
The city is thirsty for a victory. I was in a bar in Toronto. Everyone cheered. Twice.

I was shocked that he got injured, mostly because it was inevitable. He was clearly limping when he entered the arena. It fucking sucks what happened to him. "oh my god!! Why did they play him?!!!" were my first words when he sat on the floor. People in bar cheered but I didn't think much cause everyone was drunk. When he walked out, the bar cheered some more. Then I see Lowry telling folks to STFU. "WTF, people in the arena are cheering?!"

Fucking bandwagoners, never seen folks cheer for someone's injuries. Every fake fans with brand new jersey and caps that they bought yesterday, or some shit cheered because they smelled victory.

City so thirsty, everyone became a Toronto FC fan when they won LOL.

So yeah, GSW for 7.

Last edited:

The greatest boy

Alt account
Banned
May 31, 2019
I would think that people would be angry at the Warriors organization for even allowing KD close to the court and the doctors for clearing him and putting him in that situation instead of rival fans seeing their teams chance to win increase and having a dumb instant reaction.

Golden state and the doctors had weeks of examination and let him out when he was clearly not ready

Martylepiaf

Oct 25, 2017
France
I would think that people would be angry at the Warriors organization for even allowing KD close to the court and the doctors for clearing him and putting him in that situation instead of rival fans seeing their teams chance to win increase and having a dumb instant reaction.

Golden state and the doctors had weeks of examination and let him out when he was clearly not ready
He tore his ACL it has nothing to do with the first injury

Ether30

Alt account
Banned
May 23, 2019
Lol at someone coming in here with their secondary account trying to stir shit, F off greatest boy

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah because it was one of the worst looking injury in the history of the NBA in a a meaningless game.

I don't think they should get away with this, but I really don't think any other fanbase would have reacted diffrently in a potential championship game against the most hated player. People made fun of Lebron all the time for his cramps and everything

No most fan bases don't do this....which is why when it happens, it gets point out.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Most pro sports fans are shit, and relevance creates an even bigger toxic vacuum.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There were definitely some jack asses in the crowd, but to be fair ... most of the crowd was applauding KD as he was leaving the court here and you can clearly hear the crowd yelling "KD, KD, KD":

This full clip didn't get shown or was quickly cut away from on the ABC telecast because Durant dropped an F-bomb.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
So warrior fans completely apathetic towards the season ending injury of a competing star? Are all warrior fans sociopaths then?

I'm not the one justifying individuals of a fanbase's classless actions by saying other groups are just as bad here with questionable evidence. But whatever makes you sleep at night.., I didn't call out your fan base...just the individuals that were cheering... your boy drake at least knew what was up

Martylepiaf

Oct 25, 2017
France
The mob mentality in sport is bad even outside of arena or fanzone. Everyone agreed to talk shit about KD since he signed in GS, assuming he had mental health issues and everything. Fans' trashtalking is often toxic

The greatest boy

Alt account
Banned
May 31, 2019
There were definitely some jack asses in the crowd, but to be fair ... most of the crowd was applauding KD as he was leaving the court here and you can clearly hear the crowd yelling "KD, KD, KD":

This full clip didn't get shown or was quickly cut away from on the ABC telecast because Durant dropped an F-bomb.

No according to warrior fans here the entire city is trash now
Keep trolling dude ....

So golden state fans showing zero empathy and for kyrie is okay but a few bad apples in the toronto fan base cheering the injury while others actively cheer and support is makes the entire city of Toronto and their fans guilty?

Talk about a cheap ass double standard.