• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta rapper Silento, known for his hit song and viral dance craze "Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)," was arrested Monday in DeKalb County and charged with murder in the shooting death of his cousin, authorities said.

Ricky Lamar Hawk, 23, was arrested Monday after DeKalb police investigated the recent death of 34-year-old Frederick Rooks. Hawk was booked into the DeKalb jail on one count of murder, police spokeswoman Michaela Vincent said in a statement. He was being held without bond late Monday, jail records showed.

Police responded to a shots fired call Jan. 21 around 3:30 a.m. in the Panthersville area, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution previously reported. They found Rooks dead at the scene with multiple gunshot wounds, according to DeKalb police Lt. Rod Bryant.
https://www.ajc.com/news/police-dek...led-by-his-cousin/S3QWGI2UQJDA5GAQGWYBBJHXTM/

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
His one song was a threat
EtL2JivUYAA301_

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Silento been in a worrisome state for a while now, and it's a shame that it's come to this. Rest in peace to the victim.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wonder what led up to this. i can't imagine ever wanting to kill any of my cousins.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The shit about him doing 140 on the highway got me too.

But your cousin my dude? You had to have been getting some sort of residuals off of that song; you could've just coasted and ghosted.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Damn... what a world to live in where you can consider and go through with shooting your cousin.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Damn, that's really sad. Your own family? Damn. RIP.
I've heard the song, but I didn't know who the artist was behind it, at 1.7+ billion views on YouTube it seems to have been huge, I had no idea it was that big!

It looks like he has been doing dangerous stuff since last year, with multiple arrests until now. I've done some research, and according to his publicist it seems that his mental health has seriously deteriorated. This also adds up with him revealing his struggle with depression sometime in 2019.
It's a shame that it had to reach such a violent conclusion. What the hell happened?

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That's incredible messed up, don't wanna know what the family is going through right now.