• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
It's partially review inflation from his fans. Notice how reviews start with the reviewer praising Logic's work as a rapper or how comment on how much Bobby puts into his art and so on. It's less critical, more fawning.
You might be right. I just glossed over it. I'll try the sample out tonight. Not a fan of his or thing I actually listened to a full track of his before.

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
Whatever. I just hope his performance isn't lame or trash. ND still get props for casting Emily Swallow and Ian Alexander.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom

I know my comment may have seemed mean spirited, but i'm kidding.

To counter all the hate and wut said here, Logic seems cool. He considers TLOU to be one of the GOAT and even did a Let's Play so must be a dream come true to be featured in the sequel.

I still consider him a terrible rapper, but hey if he helped a ton of people with his music. respect. that is awesome.

edit: but pls god dont be a speaking role. random NPC pls

Last edited:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, this is cool imo.

Usually I'd be against a celeb cameo (especially a rapper) but guys like Logic or Macklemore are some of the few who actually have something to say.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
he's using his platform to speak about thing other than hoes and trapping, you don't get it because you don't like ''real rap''.

no he's trying to surf a trend and build his fanbase by acting ''woke'' about something that circulated heavy in the media. song is as empty and bland as everything else he's ever released.

dude's like the skim milk version of j-cole. two people who try and act like they conscious yet have fuck all to write about because nothing intresting has ever happened in their respective lives.

logic's ''suicide'' hopping is as disgusting as when macklemore tried to ride hbtq wave.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Hell yeah, one of the arguably coolest and smartest rappers out there, is now part of one of my most anticipated games

Kinda terrible how a lot of you have such a black and white view on things

Stunt on these haters, Don Bobby Tarantino

m8tdxz5tcjh7.gif

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Hell yeah, one of the arguably coolest and smartest rappers out there, is now part of one of my most anticipated games

Kinda terrible how a lot of you have such a black and white view on things

Stunt on these haters, Don Bobby Tarantino

m8tdxz5tcjh7.gif
He's okay. The fanny pack in the gif isn't helping your argument.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more the part where you use half like it's an insult or something inferior.
Nowhere did I say that. Logic is half-black, I say "nigga" because I'm black and I say the word. People looking at it as if I said he's inferior are jumping the gun and looking into something that's not even true.

This happens a lot on this forum. Dudes be looking for a reason to be offended as if someone said something negative when really nah, it's not there.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
?

Are you seriously gonna try to say a black man can't say nigga right now? Bruh, what's wrong with yall? What is this?
No, feel free. I took issue with calling him half-.
Nowhere did I say that. Logic is half-black, I say "nigga" because I'm black and I say the word. People looking at it as if I said he's inferior are jumping the gun and looking into something that's not even true.

This happens a lot on this forum. Dudes be looking for a reason to be offended as if someone said something negative when really nah, it's not there.
You know we don't know all the intentions of people on here, right? Thinking you are slighting the guy by calling him half is easy to interpret from what you wrote.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

him trend hopping is hardly even debatable, neither is the fact he wasn't riding no suicide flag wave prior to the media publishing tons of reports on the alarming rate of suicides (attempted) amongst young people (eventhough this had been known fact for people who are actually active in communities for different psychological disorders for years now)

logic ain't conscious nor woke, more like he woke up on some guy's sofa

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else wonder what " rapper logic " was coming into this thread? And would it affect game play?

Lol

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
If you can't see how it can be interpreted as a slight, that's fine. You explained what you meant.
Nah, we're not doing this. Don't try to turn this against me when the reality is people either don't know Logic's half-black or they assumed a me using the word is offensive. I'm going to go and edit my original post since dudes like you be jumping the gun when it comes to stuff like this. That's childish as hell.

I never said that lol. I'm saying you calling him a HALF nigga is corny.
Logic has a white mother.
Logic has a black father.
He's literally half-black. I called him a "half nigga" because I use the word "nigga" because I'm black and that's what I say and have been saying for decades.

If you got a problem with that and call me corny because of it then that says more about you than me. That's looking for a reason to be offended given this man's said he's biracial multiple times. You've got some things to sort out with yourself given you were the one to look for the negativity in me using the word nigga when the reality is no, there was no negativity there. Don't be coming to me with that immaturity.

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
hip hop head chiming in. logic is easily top 100 of all time and the incredible true story is top 5 album for me.

hate on a guy who openly talks about mental health and tries to help people. real progressive resetera. cherry pickers.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, we're not doing this. Don't try to turn this against me when the reality is people either don't know Logic's half-black or they assumed a me using the word is offensive. I'm going to go and edit my original post since dudes like you be jumping the gun when it comes to stuff like this. That's childish as hell.

Logic has a white mother.
Logic has a black father.
He's literally half-black. I called him a "half nigga" because I use the word "nigga" because I'm black and that's what I say and have been saying for decades.

If you got a problem with that and call me corny because of it then that says more about you than me. That's looking for a reason to be offended given this man's said he's biracial multiple times. You've got some things to sort out with yourself given you were the one to look for the negativity in me using the word nigga when the reality is no, there was no negativity there. Don't be coming to me with that immaturity.
Neither Brine or I are questioning your use of the n word, like at all.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh the real, this actually dehyped my TLOUII hype. I'm tired of this half-nigga lol.

EDIT: Since some people don't know Logic's past, Logic is biracial. He has a white mother and a black father hence the "half-nigga" usage. He's half-black. I said "nigga" because I'm black and I say the word in place of "black." Nowhere does this mean any negativity towards Logic so if you're thinking that keep it moving.

What you've said sounds sort of racist, because you're unnecessarily bringing his race or biracial nature into it, in an almost derogotary way.

Like, if someone said, "I'm tired of this black guy", or "I'm tired of this white guy", it also sounds off key, because why even bring the colour of their skin into it unless the colour of their skin is potentially part of your issue with them?

Anyway, you've stated you didn't mean it in a demeaning way, so it is what it is. Though I'm not sure why you're 'tired of him' exactly.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
hip hop head chiming in. logic is easily top 100 of all time and the incredible true story is top 5 album for me.

hate on a guy who openly talks about mental health and tries to help people. real progressive resetera. cherry pickers.

He's corny

There are plenty of artists within the genre that do the same thing and, somehow, manage not to be corny

Whoda thunk

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
logic is easily top 100 of all time

That means nothing. Riff Raff is top 100. Lil B is top 100. Logic has the capability to rap on beat and pick decent beats, whoop de doo.

Also, fuck outta here with this clown bullshit. People don't dislike Logic because he tries to help people, people dislike Logic because he's a rapper with a discography primarily focused on his biracial heritage and a fanbase full of people who unironically use the phrase "real rap." Logic is the kind of rapper who wants to act "holier than thou" because he doesn't rap about drugs or guns or cars. It's that smugness, that implication that he is better than you because he doesn't do "typical rap things" that turns me off from him.

Just because he made one song that helps people does not make him immune to criticism.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Neither Brine or I are questioning your use of the n word, like at all.
God bless you but I'm done talking to you after this post. That's just childish because what sticks out to me is that you can't even say "man I misunderstood, I just didn't get it." We're adults on this forum and without that? Nah, I can't entertain that.

See you in another thread, I'm not with that.

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
he talks about what matters to him. that is what artists do. i never got corny vibes from him, i see his passion.

it's weird to me, you're accusing him of jumping on the mental health bandwagon. that's exactly why people are afraid to talk about mental health.

"fuck outta here with this clown bullshit" jeez dude.

edit: even if he was band wagoning. he's doing it in a positive way. naming a song after a suicide hotline. giving uplifting speeches on platforms like the mtv awards. ya'll wild.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
What you've said sounds sort of racist, because you're unnecessarily bringing his race or biracial nature into it, in an almost derogotary way.

Like, if someone said, "I'm tired of this black guy", or "I'm tired of this white guy", it also sounds off key, because why even bring the colour of their skin into it unless the colour of their skin is potentially part of your issue with them?

Anyway, you've stated you didn't mean it in a demeaning way, so it is what it is. Though I'm not sure why you're 'tired of him' exactly.
Not gonna get into it here but I've met Logic before, one of my homeboys has produced for him and he's what you'd expect. That's all I'll say about that. You factor that into the fact that I just see and hear this dude everywhere more than most people do as well? Yeah, it's a lot. I even laughed at the end of my post because it's funny to me. Like damn gimme a break Bobby I'm trying to walk down the hall lmao.

Last edited: