• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Explaining comments that have no wiggle room for interpretation. Aight...

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
literally never heard a positive news story about this guy lol dude is just shithousing all the time

grumpybat

Apr 12, 2021
USA
When you have money, fame, a nice house, admiration, a successful creative outlet, but that's still not good enough. You can't truly feel content unless you're actively treating other people like shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
"As if that wasn't enough, DaBaby, whose set was scheduled right after Megan Thee Stallion, performed his verse on Megan's hit song "Cry Baby," then brought her alleged shooter Tory Lanez on stage disguised in a costume."

Pardon?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck!? That is a hell of a rant.

tenor.gif

Did you run this gif through a Gameboy advance video player?

flail

Jan 17, 2019
Time and time again showing how shitty of a person he is. Really Dua Lipa, you're surprised? lmao, sure.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Really wanna use this moment to educate and please anyone can add on too.
1)U=U undetectable = untransmittable. If someone has HIV and they are on treatment and become undetectable it is virtually impossible to transmit the HIV virus and infect someone.
2) Calling people who have HIV or AIDS " dirty" or saying shit like " I'm clean" is disgusting
3) You're more likely to have safer sex with someone who is HIV positive and undetectable and is maintaining their sexual health than someone who does not know their status (any STD/STI status mind you) and never gets tested
4) I cant stress it enough the burden and conversation of LGBT people getting tested is legitimate but this needs to truly be expressed with non LGBT people just as rigorously.
5) Someones sexual health shouldn't be at the burden of only people who have STI's STDs like HIV. Its very much the responsibility of someone who is not HIV positive to know their status to someone who is HIV positive also. It shouldn't be one sided. you're still putting the person who is HIV positive at another risk
6) You gotta be a true ignoramus to think having HIV will kill you after 2-3 weeks. Like that's just being willfully ignorant
7) DaFool and his wack ass spongebob flying Dutchman music and his little friend who he invited on stage really are the bottom of the barrel of men who feed on their misogyny acts for clout (yes I'm referring to the Megan situation). They're beyond ain't shit. And more people need to call him (them both) out on his words and their actions.
Thank you for this post! This was very informative and many stigmas against HIV/AIDS are still very true in this day and age, even amongst those of us in the LGBTQ+ community.

As for DaBaby, his abhorrent words will get the best of him. With Dua Lipa now speaking out against him, I'm hoping she or her record label will pull the version of "Levitating" from airplay and streaming, and replace it with the original version.

And I also hope that DaBaby's music in general will get pulled too. What an awful human being.

In the meantime, enjoy this mash-up someone put together of Megan Thee Stallion in Dua Lipa's "Levitating":

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Having 50 Cent as a mentor really did make him a worse person than he already was. I'll never understand logic of rocking with Tory Lanez, supporting Meg is net positive by all metrics unless you're courting a specific group of people.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
"I said, 'If you don't got AIDS, put a cellphone lighter up,'" DaBaby told his 19.1 million followers. "I said, 'If you ain't suck d–k in the parking lot, put your cellphone lights up.'"
To honestly follow that up with "I don't understand what I did", is a whole level I can't even begin to understand.

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
This dude is a true piece of shit. The way he's treated Megan Thee Stallion combined with these "statements" just earned him a permanent spot on my "turn that shit off"-list.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Did Jay Z ever step back and apologize for making "No Homo" a thing? Just curious because some of these older rappers have said shit 10 times more vile than DaBaby. Of course none of it is ok.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Did Jay Z ever step back and apologize for making "No Homo" a thing? Just curious because some of these older rappers have said shit 10 times more vile than DaBaby. Of course none of it is ok.

Old rappers were terrible with the homophobia, slurs were up there with bitch as a derogatory term to sprinkle in your raps. That said hip hop has gotten better in that regards and outside of some flareups (hi Migos) you aren't going to hear many full homophobic rants like Da Baby on record or in concert in the last ten years or so.

But as someone who's been on a nostalgia trip during covid listening to old rap records…eesh. Fucking terrible.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His music is shit, his style is shit, his opinions are shit, what else? I watched a cringeworthy ass video of him putting on so much jewelry he couldn't even move, all just for the flex. Dude is corny.

Oct 25, 2017

...huh thats a weird angle

"...having the patience to deal with what comes with the position we play in our culture"

When in the world has the "black community" ever demanded non-sequitur, unprompted homophobia?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Why is he so obsessed with whether his fans have STDs or not
So I'm thinking maybe he's had a few (or more than a few) AIDS scares? Some false-positive tests perhaps? Because he seems oddly laser-focused about AIDS specifically. Or he could just be a fucking moron. You know, it's a toss up really.