• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Raphael Colantonio is one of the few developers around today still fighting the good fight for the immersive sim.

Following the release of Prey, Colantonio left Arkane, leaving it in the hands of Harvey Smith, to spend more time with family, consult on games, and focus on his passion for music.

Now he's back in the game, launching a new studio called WolfEye as creative director and president, along with executive producer and CEO, Julien Roby. Their goal? To push back against industry trends where graphical power is king, instead focusing on interactions, physics, and AI. The studio's new game will be revealed during The Game Awards 2019.

www.vg247.com

"When a game is successful, it’s a miracle": Arkane founder Raphael Colantonio opens new studio and vows to fight industry trends

Raphael Colantonio is one of the few developers around today still fighting the good fight for the immersive sim.

I'M HYPE

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Immersive sims are back in the menu boys.

System Shock Remake, System Shock 3, this new title, Levine next game all coming in the next years

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
holy shit man

im subscribed to his YouTube, he puts up performances of his band from time to time

lmao I would have never have guessed he was working on something like this

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Did any other developers other than Julien come with you from Arkane Studios, to your new studio?

RC:
We have a few that had left Arkane even before I did, and because Julien was very, very well liked at Arkane, like I was, so they were interested.

This new studio has a few of Arkane folks.

Dope

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Cool. Is it under Bethesda still or do we not know who/if a publisher is attached yet?

They are indipendent but i won't be surprised if a big publisher is funding this

20 years after Arkane Studios was created, former President and Creative Director of Arkane, Raphael Colantonio and former Arkane's Executive Producer Julien Roby reveal WolfEye Studios.

"It's an incredible opportunity to be able to work together again with Raf, being able to build the kind of unique & deep games we love to play." said Roby, CEO and Executive Producer at WolfEye. "After taking some time off, and consulting for a variety of video games companies, I'm ready for a new adventure" added Colantonio, President and Creative Director at WolfEye. "The AAA market is risk-averse and innovation suffers from it. As a Game Designer, I've been wanting to try new ideas and approaches and I believe the Independent games are in the best space to do so."

The WolfEye Team will announce what they are working on during The Game Awards ceremony on December 12th, 2019.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This new studio has a few of Arkane folks.

Dope

IncredibleBouncyKakarikis-size_restricted.gif

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Wow, I had no idea he left Arkane, I adore the Dishonoured games so I'm down for seeing whatever they've got cooking next month.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
please be dishonored 3 or another immersive sims, pleeeeeease.

also that bit about ia and physics make me wet...

this is the best news of the year for me.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
" To push back against industry trends where graphical power is king"
tenor.gif

I look forward to seeing this reveal.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like he is going the Ken Levine route. Hopefully something fruitful comes of it, because bioshock style games remain some of my favorite of all time