• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
So I have been a rabid Half-Life fan since the original. A Steam supporter since day 1. But over the years I am mostly on console now and don't even own a gaming PC (just my studio iMac is the closest I have).

And now... after 2 DECADES nearly of waiting... my only chance to jump back into the HL universe is to buy a VR-ready PC and headset? The least they could have done is release it on PSVR. The Orange Box happened, after all.

F*** you, Gabe, and Valve.
Blame Sony accountants instead, the Move controllers are 100% inadequate as VR controllers and could have easily been rectified. But nope, better to clear out warehouses of dusty Move controllers from the PS3 era that weren't made with VR in mind. Also, the base PS4 couldn't handle the game, the system requirements are rather high. So the crap Move controllers and poor specs of base PS4 means it won't even be technically possible until PS5 plus PSVR2.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude, come on, lol. If you were that loyal of a fan, then you should be familiar with Valve Time (TM). :D

After dealing with Valve Time for this long, and literally telling people "I swear, HL3 *will* happen... just believe"... this is what I get.

Now I know how Mighty No. 9 backers felt.

Blame Sony accountants instead, the Move controllers are 100% inadequate as VR controllers and could have easily been rectified. But nope, better to clear out warehouses of dusty Move controllers from the PS3 era that weren't made with VR in mind. Also, the base PS4 couldn't handle the game, the system requirements are rather high. So the crap Move controllers and poor specs of base PS4 means it won't even be technically possible until PS5 plus PSVR2.

Many, many, many games are both VR and standard.

Gabe knows *damn well* what HL3 means to people, and the HL series. It's just insulting they couldn't even throw a bone to people who don't have money (or in my case, room/space/want) to own a VR-rig and different VR than PSVR.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After dealing with Valve Time for this long, and literally telling people "I swear, HL3 *will* happen... just believe"... this is what I get.

Now I know how Mighty No. 9 backers felt.
Your posts make no sense, Mighty No. 9 backers kickstarted it and were out the money, this is nothing like that plus this may not be what you want but that doesn't mean this is bad or a big deal.

Oct 28, 2017
That's because the legacy of borderlands was born from theft of segas money and epic exclusivity. Valve making their game own their own platform?! How dare lord gaben make a game for his platform! The knave! Making good games that are genuine classics that stomp over my meme infested jokes.

Bah humbug!

QuantumZebra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'll likely come out on PS5's version of PSVR. The minimum requirements list a machine that usually outperforms the PS4 Pro, that is likely a very big part of it not coming out on PS4.

That would be *something* at least.

And lol @ people calling my original post "entitled" or "whiny". That would be what I'd call people being pissed Diablo is coming to mobile after D4 had already been announced. Not this.

QuantumZebra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your posts make no sense, Mighty No. 9 backers kickstarted it and were out the money, this is nothing like that plus this may not be what you want but that doesn't mean this is bad or a big deal.

So HL1-2 and the episodes / DLC and then ... nothing. Not to mention Gabe literally laughing off people begging for HL3... I would say HL fans invested far more?

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
So HL1-2 and the episodes / DLC and then ... nothing. Not to mention Gabe literally laughing off people begging for HL3... I would say HL fans invested far more?

You invested into Half Life and you got half life.
You invested into Half Life 2 and you got half life 2.
You invested into 2 Half Life 2 episodes and you got 2 Half Life 2 episodes

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Thread Derailment.
Just a heads up, I'm the OP, not the guy you are calling the OP.
And to answer your questions lobbed at him, no, I won't admit I am wrong because I am not. If you don't have the basic capacity for contextual awareness, I am not that bothered by you not being able to follow along. If you lack context, the smartest thing to do is to just ask for it (which people in this thread have provided you, by the way, only for you to ignore it and then double down on your whining), rather than derailing a thread continuously over a series of posts.

Oops had that switched around.

Its the basics of communication. If your going to go out of your way to make a thread on a topic. Inform the reader. You did a poor job of that. but now you feel the need to shift that blame to me. It doesn't change the fact your thread title is factually wrong and still just an assumption. Get over your self and change it. But you won't now because it means you were wrong.

Anyways, won't bother you anymore. Continue with the thread.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
D4 had been in development (this was known) before Diablo Immortal - and yes people went apeshit over that announcement. Including insulting/egging on Blizz devs at cons.

So that didn't happen? Lol k.
Diablo 4 was never officially announced. Rumors, speculation, and leaks do not count.
Blizzard hyped up a big Diablo announcement. Their most ardent fans paid them to attend a show where D4 was allegedly going to be announced. They got a mobile spin off developed by a Chinese developer.

Literally, those are not even comparable, and while I would try to explain further how and why they are not, the fact that you think you are entitled to the artist compromising their vision to provide you with something you have no entitlement to means it would be a waste of my time, so I will not.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lol, its the basics of communication. If your going to go out of your way to make a thread on a topic. Inform the reader. You did a poor job of that. but now you feel the need to shift that blame to me. It doesn't change the fact your thread title is factually wrong and still just an assumption. Get over your self and change it. But you won't now because it means you were wrong.

Anyways, won't bother you anymore. Continue with the conversation.
His thread title is not wrong, it's accurate and to the point.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

Its the basics of communication. If your going to go out of your way to make a thread on a topic. Inform the reader. You did a poor job of that. but now you feel the need to shift that blame to me. It doesn't change the fact your thread title is factually wrong and still just an assumption. Get over your self and change it. But you won't now because it means you were wrong.

Anyways, won't bother you anymore. Continue with the thread.
do we need to teach you to read too or whats the minimum people have to provide for your ignorance on a topic

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
"See everyone, Valve is just as bad as us in terms of exclusivity!"

"....what? What do you mean it can be played on any headset? Why would they do that? Aren't they trying to sell theirs?"

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Well, to be fair, we don't know if he is talking about HL:Alyx. Might be some other game.
What game would that be? Nothing is Index exclusive and the only VR steam exclusive that was announced recent enough for him to make a comment about was Half Life.

Even going on assumptions it's a pretty damn safe assumption he's referring to HL

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
From the ResetEra General Guide

Try not to create threads based on random tweets, conspiracy theories, tabloids, or other questionable sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.