• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Nice of him to confuse his following.

Sounds kinda jealous of him to be honest and makes me a bit glad I didn't jump on the whole Borderlands 3 hype or buy it at all.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
The point your making is correct but your title is wrong. He doesn't say half life, or is it because he's a shitty person your allowed to get away with making shit up?
He has made this point the day after the announcement of Half Life Alyx, the first high profile VR game from Valve, who also have their own VR platform in Valve Index.
It's not making shit up, it's basic contextual awareness.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is Randy about to port beg? Or VR compatibility beg? Or whatever the fuck we're calling it for this nonexistent exclusivity.

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer literally ends with all the other headsets it's available for. They couldn't be more clear it's not exclusive to the Index.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Okay, the game isn't even Valve Index exclusive (it runs on all VR headsets that are compatible with the SteamVR standard, including Oculus, or the Microsoft Mixed Reality sets), and... Randy, you made Borderlands 3 EGS exclusive, you really shouldn't be railing against exclusivity...

He's a bellend. But he doesnt mention Half Life Alyx? The thread title is misleading, and by misleading I mean incorrect.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
He's a bellend. But he doesnt mention Half Life Alyx? The thread title is misleading, and by misleading I mean incorrect.

So what Valve index exclusive game is he talking about?

If he isn't hinting about the game whose trailer literally dropped that same morning?

What is he talking about?

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Port Begging
"Everyone at Valve is excited to be returning to the world of Half-Life," Valve founder Gabe Newell wrote in a press release. "VR has energized us. We've invested a lot of ourselves in the technology. But we're also game developers at heart, and to be devoting ourselves to a VR game this ambitious is just as exciting."

So I have been a rabid Half-Life fan since the original. A Steam supporter since day 1. But over the years I am mostly on console now and don't even own a gaming PC (just my studio iMac is the closest I have).

And now... after 2 DECADES nearly of waiting... my only chance to jump back into the HL universe is to buy a VR-ready PC and headset? The least they could have done is release it on PSVR. The Orange Box happened, after all.

F*** you, Gabe, and Valve.

Oct 27, 2017
So I have been a rabid Half-Life fan since the original. A Steam supporter since day 1. But over the years I am mostly on console now and don't even own a gaming PC (just my studio iMac is the closest I have).

And now... after 2 DECADES nearly of waiting... my only chance to jump back into the HL universe is to buy a VR-ready PC and headset? The least they could have done is release it on PSVR. The Orange Box happened, after all.

Good lord the entitlement.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019

Fuck the artist for making the art they want to make?
Alright.

Oct 30, 2017
He has made this point the day after the announcement of Half Life Alyx, the first high profile VR game from Valve, who also have their own VR platform in Valve Index.
It's not making shit up, it's basic contextual awareness.
Cmon what game do you think he's talking about, don't be disingenuous

It's not disingenuous, its pointing out a clearly misleading thread title. Why should anyone assume just because you think so.

Then include the reference, and build up your point by informing the reader. As far as I read it, he talking about valve index and nothing more.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
It's not disingenuous, its pointing out a clearly misleading thread title. Why should anyone assume just because you think so.

Then include the reference, and build up your point by informing the reader. As far as I read it, he talking about valve index and nothing more.

Playing dumb is not a winning argument.

Human beings can understand context.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019

There is no Valve Index exclusive game.
His point would be completely nonsensical at the best of times, but he is making this as a "gotcha" the day after Valve announced their first high profile VR game, if you don't think he is specifically referencing that, then I have bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Gamer TM

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017

This has got to be a parody post. No way someone can be this serious.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

There's stuff in the trailer alone that PSVR in its current form (and more specifically its Move controllers) would have quite a bit of trouble facilitating, if it even could. So, yeah. Dunno what you're on about.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

Nobody, especially the decision makers at Valve, cares how long you've waited. It's a consumer product. In the past "2 DECADES" they've moved on to their current target audience.

Oct 25, 2017

It'll likely come out on PS5's version of PSVR. The minimum requirements list a machine that usually outperforms the PS4 Pro, that is likely a very big part of it not coming out on PS4.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop giving this fool the attention he so desperately seeks.

Inb4 "hurr durr you're posting in this thread", yeah no shit, it shouldn't even exist.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017

lol at the entitlement.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
If the supposed game some people assume he's referring to that works only on Valve Index exists, it is not present among the games listed as having "Native Valve Index support", all of which work on at least Index, Vive and Rift. As far as I can tell, a game that is exclusive to Valve Index, does not exist.

I suppose it is possible that he's lazily wrong about the VR headset support for a game other than Alyx. But given the timing, it seems likely it's Alyx he's being a dumbass about.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Aside for being a stupid, misleading comment, it also backfired spectacularly since most of the replies are mocking him and mentioning "Epic Exclusivity" as their example of "detail that ruined a game for them".

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I'm just assuming they want it out on as many platforms as possible. Do you think that won't be the case?
Unless something has changed they totally gave up on consoles in 2017. That's why I said it might and not that it's likely. I'm all for it coming it every platform but I think it not happening has a higher chance than it happening for now.

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden

Dude, come on, lol. If you were that loyal of a fan, then you should be familiar with Valve Time (TM). :D

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

rise up

Oct 30, 2017
Playing dumb is not a winning argument.

Human beings can understand context.

Lol, okay. Cant admit your wrong? No matter what you say OP, you still have a misleading and incorrect title. Frame your argument correctly. An assumption is still an assumption. If you think that's what he means include your point and why. I don't follow him, inform me.

There is no Valve Index exclusive game.
His point would be completely nonsensical at the best of times, but he is making this as a "gotcha" the day after Valve announced their first high profile VR game, if you don't think he is specifically referencing that, then I have bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Then include that information. I'm sorry I don't spend all my time following people I don't like so I can rush to era and post a Haha look at this idiot thread.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Heated gamer moment

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Lol, okay. Cant admit your wrong? No matter what you say OP, you still have a misleading and incorrect title. Frame your argument correctly. An assumption is still an assumption. If you think that's what he means include your point and why. I don't follow him, inform me.

Then include that information. I'm sorry I don't spend all my time following people I don't like so I can rush to era and post a Haha look at this idiot thread.
Just a heads up, I'm the OP, not the guy you are calling the OP.
And to answer your questions lobbed at him, no, I won't admit I am wrong because I am not. If you don't have the basic capacity for contextual awareness, I am not that bothered by you not being able to follow along. If you lack context, the smartest thing to do is to just ask for it (which people in this thread have provided you, by the way, only for you to ignore it and then double down on your whining), rather than derailing a thread continuously over a series of posts.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda ironic that Half-life:Alyx supports more VR Headsets than Borderlands 2 VR

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Man whose recent big game was bought out for exclusivity on the EGS spreads misinformation about a Valve product.

Well that's certainly a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.