• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019

TL;DR, Phil Spencer responded to Digital Foundry's overview of the Series X by noting how Microsoft had to think out of the box, given Moore's Law is slowing down. Randy Pitchford took issue to that, and questioned whether or not Moore's Law is slowing down (it is), also saying that it just sounds like Spencer is making excuses for the Series X's shortcomings.

Equally interesting here is Pitchford's attitude towards the Series X - does he not have a dev kit for the platform, or does he, but finds himself not as interested by it (Gearbox's Godfall is PS5 and PC exclusive).

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the best course of action is to ignore most, if not all, of what Randy Pitchford says.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Pitchford as usual just running around with his pitchfork poking and prodding.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine taking a Randy Pitchford tweet seriously and making a thread about it.

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Randy is the member of the friend group who no one wants to be there, but is there anyway. He'd always asks people for hi fives and he's always sweaty.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Randy.

shut_the_fuck_up.gif

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Seems like a pointlessly hostile jab at hardware that's looking to be bleeding edge (for the price) at its release.

Yes, MS could theoretically put off the shelf fall 2020 parts in the box and 64GB of RAM but we live in the real world Randy.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 4552

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually Moore's law isn't slowing for everyone in every direction.

Intel are way off the pace but they wouldn't be if they hadn't had such problems at 10nm

Given that they are skipping to 7nm (and their 7 is like 5 for tscm (AMD et Al) if they get that out in anything like a decent timeframe they jump back up.

(They probably won't though)

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't feed the troll. Actually shocked at his poor conduct as a professional.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
The rumor is the Xbox and PS5 are almost the same console, just with different names.

Mr. Pitchford doesn't look good here.

Someone should ask him about BL3 being two months behind on stadia.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
This forum amplifies so much that isn't news and turns it into outrage and news.

Randy Pitchford seems like an idiot but it's such a mild opinion.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I just want MS to give official specs with numbers from everything so the speculation will rest and we can discuss real numbers.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I really, really want him to be just gone. I think Gearbox is a talented studio but he just keeps dragging them down with his shitposts.

Best to really just ignore him and not giving him attention at this point, maybe that's why he keeps doing this.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Ignoring who actually mentioned it, is there a basis for the questioning? No idea what Moore's Law is, and reading about X series' capabilities, I'm confused now. To me it seems powerful enough to not have many shortcomings?

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Ignoring who actually mentioned it, is there a basis for the questioning? No idea what Moore's Law is, and reading about X series' capabilities, I'm confused now. To me it seems powerful enough to not have many shortcomings?
Moore's Law basically states that the number of transistors doubles every 18 months, and has been linked to CPU technology development over the last 40 or so years. It is widely speculated to be slowing down now as we approach a natural wall for how many transistors you can cram into a microscopic space, and it is speculated we will need quantum computing to continue our computing gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.