• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
a lot of random NPC lines from Rockstar games are forever stuck in my head.

right now its that mysterious cowbow in the Valentine saloon who keeps yelling something like "how am i supposed to go around like this" in the funniest whiny drunk voice i've heard. every time im playing poker, every damn time. but who is it? what is he actually saying?

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
SUFFER, MORTALS, AS YOUR PATHETIC MAGIC BETRRRRRRRAAAAAGHYS YOUUUU!
- Sindragosa, WoW

Honestly WoW bosses are a goldmine

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended
So the world might be mended

If that's too specific then there's this one I always remember I think from the very first GTA game when you drive by a church.

Damn nation... no donation, no salvation!

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Random NPC guard dialogue from the Witcher 3:

"You'll choke to death on three pounds of steal!"
"Got their arses whipped like a Novigrad whore."

Or random merchants:

"Top notch swords!"

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
"You're too late hahahahahahahaha." - Mephisto, Lord of Hatred, before picking up all the sweet loot.

"Battlecruiser operational." - Terran admiral, after teching to battlecruisers pew pew.

"Frostmourne hungers." Arthas feels a bit too confident when he has no army and has to flee from one human soldier and a few militia.

"That was too close. You were almost a Jill sandwich!" - Barry cracks a joke after almost getting squished in a haunted mansion.

"Get over here!" - Scorpion demands a hug.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"GET A LOAD OF THIS!"
Dr%20Eggman%2020190531.jpg

KrebStar

Oct 28, 2017
Urban Chaos. If it weren't for this one line burning itself into my mind, I probably wouldn't remember this game at all.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
It's gotta be;

"I almost had a heart attack."from MvC2: New Age of Heroes

Along with the random thug whistling towards the back-end of the last level of Max Payne. Can't get that tune out of my head.

Hiraeth

Mar 16, 2018
London, UK
Too many GTA pedestrian lines to count.

"I smoke 'cus it gives me knowledge!" - GTA:SA has always stuck in my head for some reason, the delivery sells it.

-Quan

Oct 29, 2017
"You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it form you" -stockpile Thomas (Demon's souls)

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"When I said deadly neurotoxin, the "deadly" was in massive sarcasm quotes."

Lol I dunno why but this one line always cracked me up so much.

Jul 24, 2018
"The price of physical prodigy, few more years and you'll be another dead clone of the old man. Our raw materials are vintage, brother. Big Boss was in his late 50s when they created his copies. But I — I live on through this arm!"

BluWacky

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Most of my formative years of gaming were spent on point and click adventure games. The main one stuck in my head, forever and ever, is Day of the Tentacle, basically most of what Laverne said in that game. Specifically:

"Yoohoo, Mr Tentacle Guy!"
"I don't feel so good... I think I'm gonna... *hurk*... throw up aaaaaaaaall over."

My sister and I still use the second of these if we're joking about not being well. We are indeed far too old for this. Rather than just being "lines you remember", these are ones that genuinely pop into my head on a regular basis.

The other one, annoyingly, is a single line of RIncewind's dialogue in the first Discworld game. The line you hear most often, in Eric Idle's snivelling voice.

"That doesn't work."

OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
"Affirmateef" from Red Alert
"Doctor required in inflator rooooooom" - Theme Hospital
"Fifty thousand people used to live here... Now it's a ghost town"
"It's time for the wheel of fortuitousness!"

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what they're actually saying because it's Greek/Egyptian/whatever language the Norse used (Scandinavian?) but I can still remember all the unit lines from Age of Mythology

Cian

One Winged Slayer
Feb 17, 2018
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

AWAY, AWAY!

ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏᴡɴ's ғɪɴɪsʜᴇᴅ

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
"Welcome to Mario Kart"
- Mario, Mario Kart 64

"Hey, Listen!"
- Navi, Ocarina of Time

"Duh Dah Duh Duh Dah Duh"
- Banjo, Banjo Kazooie

"You finished first and got seven points, great race! Move on to the next round!"
- Narrator, Wave Race 64

"Thanks for nothing, Moneybags!"
- Shopkeeper, Might and Magic VII

"Good luck"
- Green Head, Cybermorph

hobdal

Mar 1, 2018
"I know a place on the edge of the red light district where we can lay low, but my hands are all messed up, so you better drive brother"

8 Ball to Claude on Callahan Bridge at the very start of GTA3. Always remember it because it's just as control is given to you for the first time in a 3D GTA game. Blew my mind.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
I am amazed people haven't posted the most iconic line of dialogue in Dark Souls 2.
"Bearer of the-seek-seek-lest".

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
The three whistle sounds Sam Fisher can make to distract enemies in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory have been stuck in my head for well over a decade at this point.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"I felt compelled to give Vlad his gun back... ONE BULLET AT A TIME."

- Max Payne 2

"Gas?"

- Metal Gear Solid