• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do people really care about Millennials anymore? I know zoomers snark at them but that's just how every younger one is toward the previous one.

We already had our time under the intense media microscope. We're not the young new generation messing up commerce with our wacky trends. Anyone still hung up on what Those Millennials are doing probably needs to get a life of their own.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Gen Z hates millenials?
Honestly, i feel like boomers are the most hated ones...?
I'm pretty sure there's a weird narrative that's cropping up to try and spin things as zoomers hating millennials but I don't think that's actually true. A lot of zoomers don't even realize they are zoomers and think of themselves as millennials because the demarcation between them is so poorly defined that the things that separate them are so easy to miss. Not to mention most of the evidence of zoomers hating millennials just seems to be people going "okay boomer whatever you say"

Part of it seems to be boomers and gen xers in the media playing it up because they can't fathom generations not hating each other because they are so used to it.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol it's not a big deal at all. Most of the gen z hate towards us are superficial and funny, I don't see why anyone would be offended. And boomers can fuck off.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
zoomer here, millenials got fucked hard by 2008 recession and now the covid recession

but they can keep their harry potter hufflepuffs to themselves

(I say in jest obviously that last part)
Fuck you, I'm a Ravenclaw!!

I don't really care.

If our biggest "crimes" are using words like adulting and doggo, liking Harry Potter, and not having money, then it's a hell of a lot better than being the Boomers who elect Republicans and all.

Fuck JK Rowling, the TERF.
But, yeah, this. If this is what we're hated for, we're doing pretty well. 🤷‍♂️

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Obv none of this matters in "the real world". But definitely I have noticed a wave of "the kids" clowning millennials that are in their late 20's and early 30's.
It's just a generation that has evolved in the primordial soup of the internet, they spray and memes shade in every direction. They are also by definition just very young.

Boomers literally ruined the planet, probably to an irreversible degree, and many of them remarkably still don't understand or acknowledge that. I guarantee you their legacy will be the most tarnished in the "real world."

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Most older zoomers don't seem to care? Just seems like a weird reversal narrative that boomers are now trying to create.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
we (millenials) probably should've curtailed social media and did more for the environment but tbh i'm not sure how capable we really were considering we're what, late 30s at most right now and the damage is already done.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Zoomers are rightfully fighting back over getting made fun of in Xbox Live for having a high voice, liking Minecraft,and not growing up in the 90s

Well now millennials are the ones getting "pwned" and responding with their outdated *u mad bro?" Our time has come! Zoomers will rule!

also yes I did have dunkaroos and gushers when I was a kid you hufflenuffs or whatever ur dumb house is. And they were BAAADDD

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I believe Gen Xers are the reason Millennials are hated so much. We saw the hate Boomers got and deflected any hate we would've gotten to the next generation. lol

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
they are only progressive until someone calls out their favorite minecraft youtuber.
Zoomers to millennial gamers
E0AcWy.gif

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I read a good point that we have no real say or ownership over anything despite our numbers. Not political, not cultural, not anything.

We've been completely fucked from every which way and now many of us are headed for middle-age with shit-all to show for it in a worse position compared to our parents when they were our age.

And there's not much we can do at this point.

Millenials are still treated as children by gen-x/boomers and seen as whiney olds by everyone younger. So yes, it's true to a real extent.

Boomers don't care, they're living it up for the most part now. And Gen Z are likely kids of Gen X which explains a lot in terms of prodding millenials.

Last edited:

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
We're going to be like that generation who lived through WW1, the first H1N1 pandemic, the Great Depression and WW2. The good times only started to roll when the survivors were getting ready to retire.

Our entire working lives are going to be one long series of disappointments. I don't think we'll be hated. I don't think anyone will care enough to think about us at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It kind of is what it is and you shouldn't be too attached to something where the oldest of us is like 39 and the youngest of us is 26.

BUT. After something like a decade of older people blaming millennials for being garbage, now Gen Z is coming up behind us and seems to strongly dislike us as well lmao. I think that's it. Gen X managed to skate by completely ignored while Boomers/Gen X hates us for dumb shit like avocado toast and "ruining every industry" by not having money, while Gen Z roasts us for using words like doggo and adulting and acting like Harry Potter is the only book ever and essentially "never growing up".

How's it feel, Millennials? Do you care? Do you feel like the hatred is earned? Or are you so used to self-deprication that this is light work?

I do feel like the Gen-X'ers got sort of a pass. Definitely see the sniping between the Milennials/Gen Z/Boomers.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
Millennials aren't going to be blamed for the unfolding ruination of the planet so nah.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Millenials are just getting old enough for the next generation behind them to hate them. Standard operating procedure, nothing to see here.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
I wasn't aware that gen Z didn't like millennials and really couldn't care less.

Lumping people together by generation is so meaningless and arbitrary, like a person born in 1980 would be a different generation from their older sibling born in 1975 but part of the same generation as their niece/nephew born in 1995.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
So what? The next few generations will hate all of us, Silent Generation to Gen Z, for turning earth into a flaming ball of suck.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Exactly how much am I really supposed to care about literal teenagers criticizing people in their late 20s and early 30s for not being grown up enough?

If anything, hitting that age range was exactly what made me realize adulthood is basically a myth.

These generational discussions are always so silly. There is not serious beef between these two groups.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Gen Z is fine. They're mostly pushing back against our political correctness, and they're not pushing that hard. The thing I find hilarious is that they call anyone older than them who seems out of touch in a questionable way "Boomer". So an old Millennial who says dumb/conservative shit gets Boomered just as hard as someone twice their age.

Kind of glorious.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This generations things is mostly a media scam.

People are more complex than generations.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to pick out anything specifically "milennial" among the hate when people on the internet seemingly already hate you for all sorts of other broad reasons.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm pretty sure there's a weird narrative that's cropping up to try and spin things as zoomers hating millennials but I don't think that's actually true. A lot of zoomers don't even realize they are zoomers and think of themselves as millennials because the demarcation between them is so poorly defined that the things that separate them are so easy to miss. Not to mention most of the evidence of zoomers hating millennials just seems to be people going "okay boomer whatever you say"

Part of it seems to be boomers and gen xers in the media playing it up because they can't fathom generations not hating each other because they are so used to it.

I agree, as a gen Z I never see people hating on milennials. Much less for things like Harry Potter lol.

Is this a boomer plot?

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I didn't spend my 20s hating Reddit humour just to get lumped in with those people 10 years later.

But I think our generation will be important for pushing the Overton window left as we get older. Most millennials I know went from vaguely liberal/apolitical to being actively and consciously left wing in their ideologies as they've gotten older. Not a bunch of communists and anarchists, but a bunch of people who want to support progressive political agendas and vote accordingly. Especially in the past 5-6 years. I'm in Canada and it seems like more and more millennials are now acutely aware that people like Obama and Trudeau aren't necessarily on their side, even if they're better than the right wing alternative. It'll be hard for any conservative party to win with their current platforms in 20-30 years, unless some new generation ends up being full of conservative young people for some reason.

So I don't see the hate reaching the same level as the hate for boomers, who skew far more conservative and are obnoxious about it.

Last edited:

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I think the hate is a natural part of the generational gap.

So long as it is hate, not blame - save that for the boomers.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Gen X managed to skate by completely ignored

Uh, no. We gen X-ers got tons of shit from boomers growing up (and now get shit from millennials, etc.).

Every generation thinks they're the best and hates every other generation. Older generations are "old and out of touch", newer generations are "childish and braindead"; it's just the way it is. The sooner you make peace with the fact that every subsequent generation will inevitably hate you, the better.