• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
200.gif

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Hm, barely looks like the rest aesthetically, but the premise seems close to first blood.

I'll watch it for sure, but I'm not expecting any miracles.

Oct 26, 2017
Hm, barely looks like the rest aesthetically, but the premise seems close to first blood.

I'll watch it for sure, but I'm not expecting any miracles.

First Blood leaned in on a real war as backdrop to highlight what Vietnam vets were met with coming home from the war.

Not sure what this is leaning into. Maybe he's a content creator now and the mods are coming for him

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The last movie was perfect and a great ending to this series, really didn't need this.

But do have to say I got chills when the bit of the Rambo theme plays as he pulls the knife near the end

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to give this a shot mostly because Rambo 4 was better than it had any right being

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Cartels? Really?

This is one of the most bizarre film franchises. First Blood is like not at all a traditional action film and is super dramatic and emotional at the end dealing with real issues. After that, woof. It's like a bigger budget original version of the Jarhead films.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
First Blood leaned in on a real war as backdrop to highlight what Vietnam vets were met with coming home from the war.

Not sure what this is leaning into. Maybe he's a content creator now and the mods are coming for him
I was referring to him being alone against a large group of enemies, setting traps etc.

The series is thematically defunct.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn the naming scheme is all over the place in this series:

1. First Blood
  2. Rambo: First Blood Part II
  3. Rambo III
  4. Rambo
  5. Rambo: Last Blood

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Did I get this right from the trailer?
Rambo wants revenge on some drug cartels he had a run-in in the distant path with that now have a score to settle because he moved back home?

Really?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I saw Rambos 1-4 and they either dealt with po-dunk town attitudes to vagrants Vietnam vet post war, and happenings in South Asia/Afghanistan... Why we doing South American drug cartel stuff now?

In for Rambo McCalister I guess...

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I was referring to him being alone against a large group of enemies, setting traps etc.

The series is thematically defunct.

This kind of goes back to the first which was a combat vet versus american police and local volunteers. The sequels went nuts with the military stuff and really went far away from the original novel's setting.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rambo wants revenge on some drug cartels he had a run-in in the distant path with that now have a score to settle because he moved back home?

Really?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I saw Rambos 1-4 and they either dealt with po-dunk town attitudes to vagrants Vietnam vet post war, and happenings in South Asia/Afghanistan... Why we doing South American drug cartel stuff now?

"I kilt a lot of Chinamen in 'Nam. But none of them wore cool skull masks or had state of the art weapon-filled G-Wagons."

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

Really?

From the previous info we've read, there is a young girl involved who gets in trouble with the cartels, Rambo gets involved and it spirals down from there as he's dragged into a war with them. From the end of the last movie, the ranch he's settled in is deep south in AZ so they had him already set near the border.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Yeah this is pretty terrible.

The problem is that someone like Rocky is visibly iconic (the clothes, the voice, how he carries himself), well this just looks like an old Stallone doing a Logan impression.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
This could be called literally anything else and it would just be a generic action film with Stallone. Put Rambo in front of it, exact same film, more money.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
When did this trend start of showing scenes from the trailer right before the trailer? Do we really need a tease of what we're literally going to see seconds later?

I know this has been a thing for at least a year, but is there a movie we can point to as the originator of this stupid trend?

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
When did this trend start of showing scenes from the trailer right before the trailer? Do we really need a tease of what we're literally going to see seconds later?

I know this has been a thing for at least a year, but is there a movie we can point to as the originator of this stupid trend?
When Youtube starting showing 5 second ads before their videos.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
"Okay you got me, it's all good, you cheated though, that horse got like a v-12, but I ain't even worried about it, I'll just hit a flock and I'm up, get off my car."

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen the first movie, bits and pieces of the other two and then I saw the 2008 Rambo.

It seems to me every sequel has basically missed the point of the first movie? This one included?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sequels all take place in an alternate timeline where Rambo doesn't commit suicide at the end of First Blood